Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 21 Oct 12, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Disney Feast West&East Day 26: Seaworld & the Toilet of Terror

Ok, disclaimer first, it wasnt really a toilet of terror, just a bathroom misadventure but I liked the snappy title

We are looking forward to today , Seaworld is a favourite with all of us. We are up at 0730 and the boys are up around 0800 so well on track for a good start.

Andy and I have a great ensuite off the bedroom Andy is in the shower as I walk in towards the wardrobe, closing the bathroom door behind me. Not locking it, just closing it – as I always constantly tell the boys, don’t lock the bathroom door as if there is an accident , like slipping in the shower, we cant get in to help you.

All tickety boo, except as Andy goes to open the door, he cant, its locked – and locked good'n proper

Fighting the rising panic at BOTH of us being locked in here, Andy uses the nail scissors to start unscrewing the lock, but one screw wont budge and that’s not going to work.

So with much hollering and banging on the door, Connor arrives to see what the fuss is about and after a helpful lecture through the door about how we are always telling him that you aren’t supposed to lock the door, he is duly despatched to bring us anything useful like a knife or screwdriver .

Meantime, I assess whether I can squeeze out the bathroom window – which is small – and the lanai style mesh is in place hard and fast and we will have to break it to get out and it is of course entirely possible that I may end up wedged in the window and have to be rescued by the Fire department if it indeed transpires that it WAS not quite big enough for my butt.

Images flash before me that some passing tv crew , on a "low news day" might follow the fire engine and the whole of Orlando, including my kids could end up seeing my butt hanging out the window on TV like some Dr Pepper ad gone wrong ( you know the one , “Dr Pepper, what’s the worst that can happen ) . I decide that waiting it out is probably wisest

Time passes, I am trying hard not to cry, Andy is trying hard not to totally lose it and we know the boys are trying really hard not to laugh their heads off.

We discuss whether they can pass us a phone and the number of the management company which spurs Andy into superhuman strength and he manages to physically lift up the door and dislodge the door enough that the lock suddenly releases.

I cant tell you how relieved we all were .

Except Connor ,who makes the helpful observation that now we will be late and the park will be busy. Well sonny, rather that than having 15 minutes of fame for all the wrong reasons - and not even getting £250 from "you've been framed" for the humiliation !

Edited at 08:38 PM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 12, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

A lifetime has passed but in the real world , it is still only 0830 !

I have aged 10 years but Andy and I congratulate ourselves that neither of us shouted or did the whole “ what did you do now ? “ blame thing. The door is firmly wedged back and propped open from now until we leave.

We finally arrive at Seaworld at 0920 and it doesn’t look too busy. The boys go off to Manta while I meet Shamu. You would think his fur would shrink in all that water wouldn’t you?

After the morning we had, who cares if the pics are a bit skew-iff , we are just glad to be here ...

All hail the toilet conqueror

We have a look around the aquarium which is fascinating , especially the seahorses and leaf dragons. which we failed miserably to photograph . We meet the boys at 0945.

Manta is now at a 25 minute wait so its good they are off already. We walk over to Kraken which has no wait at all and they are on and off in a flash and running over to Atlantis which is a 5 minute wait. They are off this and by 1015 they have been on all the big rides this side of the park.

Ok, so is this REALLY fun ?

scream if you wanna go faster ...

yes, I am really am too stingy to buy the pics ...

WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 12, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

. We walk over to feed to the stingrays , failing miserably to read the instructions on how to offer them the shrimp but enjoying the experience . See , they are bottom feeders so you have to put your hand in and hold the shrimp up under the water - apparently they do NOT leap up and do tricks for them for them like dolphins !

We have now missed the Blue Horizons show which is a shame as we liked that last time we came so we walk over to the Dolphin area and just catch the end of a talk and get some good views of the dolphins at play. just a shame we didnt get any of it on film - just lots of shots of ripply effect water

more luck inthe underwater area...

We see the turtles

and the manatees

and these fellas

We join the queue for Turtle Trek which is posted at 20 minutes ( we should have done this after the rides) . There is a bit of a spat- all the time we are in queues for the rides in all the parks, the boys are always pushing, poking and shoving each other which after time really gets on your (my) nerves :angry:. They seem unable to stand still and when not pawing each other are sprawling, sitting, looking for railings to get on and I have a bit of a moment bewailing the fact that out of all the queuing children, mine appear to be the only ones incapable of standing still and queuing like normal human beings.

To which Connor decides to respond and ends up having an almighty to do with Andy – and then I feel bad, as there is now an atmosphere and we were having such a good day. So I speak with Connor and then Andy and I have a falling out so pretty much no –one is speaking to anyone else as we enter the 3D theatre. Oh dear, it was all going so well !

They need to really up the warnings on the suitability of this attraction for young people as the bits with the birds and crabs have small kids screaming their heads off in terror – it’s a brilliant set up, but it is quite overwhelming and I even felt queasy coming out with the 3D effects

Its 1130 when we come out and we walk over to catch the 1200 One Ocean show

arty flag shot

Old 21 Oct 12, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

ok and I have to leave it there for now but will carry on later ...
Old 21 Oct 12, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Looking good so far, apart from the fallings out

ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 12, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
great photos.

Sorry but had to smile when reading about your bathroom incident!
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 12, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by ginger ninja View Post
Looking good so far, apart from the fallings out
It was a good day overall despite the start and the spat - the good thing is thouigh when we have a row, its said , its done and we move on so no prolonged sulking. All was well by the time we left

Originally Posted by disney owl View Post
great photos.

Sorry but had to smile when reading about your bathroom incident!

Sue, looking back, we find it quite funny too -but it really wasnt at the time !
Old 22 Oct 12, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

continued

we walk over to catch the 1200 One Ocean show, which we all thoroughly enjoy – its very touching.

I know Seaworld provokes alot of comments in a very marmite sort of way but we love it and everytime we go we learn something new and leave with a little more respect for ocean life. I always find it a very humbling place.

Its hot now and we decide we have had enough for the day – we take the short drive to the Outlets and good humour is restored over lunch which is 3 subways for the boys and a Chinese for Andy and I. All very tasty and less than $50 for the lot.

We amble round the shops, pausing for a downpour around 2pm. Purchases are made in L’Occitane, Lacoste and Mandarina Duck.

Around 4pm we head home as more dark clouds are gathering. TV coverage now is all about the impeding Hurricane and where it is going to make landfall. We ponder on whether we need to despatch Andy for emergency Walmart supplies ( and whether we will need to take shelter in the Toilet of Terror ) but there are a good few days to go yet so no need for action just yet. The boys have some of the WPE pizzas for their dinner and we pack up a case as tomorrow we are off to RPR for 2 nights

There was no satnav sabotage to report today
Shopping count was high and we are eyeing up lots of goodies for the labor day sales. Lacoste seems ridiculously cheap - like $43 for a wool jumper !

Sadly no DDP anymore - as the boys put it " all fooded out"
Old 22 Oct 12, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Made me laugh good report excellent pics
Old 22 Oct 12, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Sorry Amanda had to laugh at the toilet of terror incident

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List