Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Oct 12, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsWoody
Very Serious Dibber

The day I finally become a Wood!- 30th May 2013

Hi everyone, I think the time has come when I need to start a planning thread. I'm not the most organised of people and I'm starting to lose track, so think this will help me out a lot! and I'm hoping all of you lovely DIBB brides can remind me of all of the vital things I'm sure I'll forget.

So, I'll introduce my lot.

I'm Emma, 25 from a little village called Mossley in Greater Manchester. I'm a mental health nurse and lifelong Disney fanatic.

My hubby to be is called Sebastian, 34 and a balloon artist extraordinaire! ha ha (we have a balloon decor business - Ballooniversal) and he is a not so big Disney fan, but loves the parks, sunshine and most of all golf!

We have been together 9 years and did things in reverse! We have 3 beautiful children...

Bethany aged 7 (almost 8),

Georgia Ella aged 4,

& Haribo (Harrison) aged 1,

We got engaged Christmas day 2009, and 3 years later, ta da...

We are getting married on 30th May 2013 at 11am at Cypress Grove

We plan on going down to the Boardwalk following this then heading to Citricos for our meal and finishing off with a wishes cruise.

I don't want to bombard you all with info, so I'll keep it at that for now. Thanks for taking the time to read and would love if you could comment about my wedding plans, good or bad, don't hold back. x

May 2015 - Planning:Vero beach, 4nt Disney Dream, Dibb Villa @Westridge,WDW Dolphin & RPR Club level
MrsWoody is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 12, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Aww your children are so cute. Can't wait to read more about your plans how many of you are going?
SnowWhiteGsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 12, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
welsh wizard
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Sounds fab but want to know more! How long you going for, where are you staying etc etc.
Old 21 Oct 12, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsWoody
Very Serious Dibber

Oh goodness will have to have a think! Sorry I'l have to write it out in full or I'll miss someone, here is the guestlist:

1-5: my lot
6. My Mum Trish
7. My sister Katie
8. My brother Anthony
9. Seb's Mum Trisha
10. Seb's step dad Kevin
11. Seb's brother Richard
12. his better half Cath
13. Maid of honour Jasmine
14. her kids Romey
15. and Jake
16. Best man Craig
17. His GF Lesley
18. Her daughter Emily
19. Cath's daughter Becky
20. Becky's boyfriend
21. Becky's daughter Francesca
22. Amy Richard's daughter

last three are a bit random as I don't really know them but they were coming to Florida with Jas so I said they could come along.

23. Jas' brother
24. his GF
25. Jas' family friend Gladys.

I'm having 3 younger bridesmaids my 2 girls and Romey and 2 Older ones, Jas and Katie. I'm also having Harry and Jake as page boys.

We are going for 3 weeks, staying at a villa, but at Animal Kingdom Lodge the night before (me and the bridesmaids) and night of the wedding. We have also rented DVC points and got rooms at AKL for the mums and maid of honour's and best man's families for the night of the wedding.

May 2015 - Planning:Vero beach, 4nt Disney Dream, Dibb Villa @Westridge,WDW Dolphin & RPR Club level
MrsWoody is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 12, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
rach19
Imagineer

rach19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Am looking forward to reading your plans. We also get married next year and like you have been together a long time and done everything in reverse
Cabana bay, gulf coast and Miami Aug 2018
All Star Music and Dolphin split stay Aug/Sept 2022
rach19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 12, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Very cute family photos!

Everything sounds great so far.
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 12, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post

Yay great start Emma

You need to bombard us, you know we want to hear it all! xxx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 12, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsWoody
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks everyone, here to bombard you some more!

A few months ago I was worrying about flight prices and after booking the wedding had horrible visions that they were going to go way out of our price range. So, when I saw the BA/Iberia code share flights I took the plunge and booked them for us 5 and my mum. Yes it means we will have to travel down to Gatwick but I was saving at least £500 and avoided all that worrying waiting for some affordable flights to come along. We are going over half term so I knew those prices would take some beating. Some other advantages with BA were that because we are flying with an infant the whole party got to book their seats free of charge (Bulkhead seats front row and the row behind, one of which doesn't have a seat in front), Harry gets full luggage allowance and the higher hand luggage weight allowance. We fly on the 22nd of May

My Mum has booked us all a Days Inn hotel for the night before free with her black card points. I really don't mean to sound ungreatful and it was a really nice thing to do but as it's a special trip I would have preffered to splash out on the Hilton or similar, but hey ho it's only one night.

I get free lounge access through Airport Angel with my Barclays account but you can't book in advance and I am worried it may be full on the day. I really fancy the idea of the No.1 lounge, so may end up paying for it, but I'll see how my finances are looking nearer the time! x

Old 22 Oct 12, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
lizj1982
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by absolutechic View Post
Hi everyone, I think the time has come when I need to start a planning thread. I'm not the most organised of people and I'm starting to lose track, so think this will help me out a lot! and I'm hoping all of you lovely DIBB brides can remind me of all of the vital things I'm sure I'll forget.

So, I'll introduce my lot.

I'm Emma, 25 from a little village called Mossley in Greater Manchester. I'm a mental health nurse and lifelong Disney fanatic.

My hubby to be is called Sebastian, 34 and a balloon artist extraordinaire! ha ha (we have a balloon decor business - Ballooniversal) and he is a not so big Disney fan, but loves the parks, sunshine and most of all golf!

We have been together 9 years and did things in reverse! We have 3 beautiful children...

Bethany aged 7 (almost 8),

Georgia Ella aged 4,

& Haribo (Harrison) aged 1,

We got engaged Christmas day 2009, and 3 years later, ta da...

We are getting married on 30th May 2013 at 11am at Cypress Grove

We plan on going down to the Boardwalk following this then heading to Citricos for our meal and finishing off with a wishes cruise.

I don't want to bombard you all with info, so I'll keep it at that for now. Thanks for taking the time to read and would love if you could comment about my wedding plans, good or bad, don't hold back. x
Beautiful babies! As you know I'm just down the road and I also work in mental health! Some strange coincidences here lol. Looking forward to reading along x
June 2013 - Dibb villa and our little boys first trip to see Mickey! Sept 2013 - Cypress Grove wedding and Emerald Island Villa June 2015 - Villa May 2016 - 30 weeks pregnant in Disney October 2018 - Our crazy princess' first trip
lizj1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 12, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsWoody
Very Serious Dibber

Aw thanks Liz, ha ha no way that you also work in mental health! Think we need the magic to keep us sane! x

Closed Thread