Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 30 Oct 12, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Disney Feast West &East Day 31: Ihop, We Shop, re-visit Epcot

Is that title in rhyming iambic pentameter ? Who remembers that from their poetry lessons ? Can you tell my kids are going through GCSEs

Enough of this tomfoolery - OMG , we are almost in our last week doesnt this feel like its gone on forever - it did for us too, but in the nicest way and suddenly the talk turns towards going home , but we still have a few adventure days ahead of us so lets not be sad just yet.

The effects of Isaac are starting to creep in - the day starts dull and drizzly and stays that way pretty much all day

The incredible plan had us down to visit Aquatica today but the forecast looks distinctly dodgy and we fancy a bit of a lie in.

It is nice to potter about for a bit and looking at the forecast, it definitely isn’t set to be a great sunny day – quite overcast and chances of intermittent rain.

The revised plan then is to go and have breakfast out and pitch up at Epcot as World Showcase opens but with some needless faffing about and then stopping to refuel the car, its almost 11 before we are on our way and we are to discover that breakfast seems to finish around 1030 in Golden Corral.

I am a bit grumpy as I definitely want breakfast not lunch so a short drive to iHOP ( cant believe the first one we have been to in 4 weeks ). Hurrah, breakfast is on offer and we get 3 breakfast samplers, 1 chocolate pancakes and 1 steak omelette with sodas and coffees. All for an amazing $56 , $70 after tip.

We feel suitably stuffed and sick so Jamie and I walk over to the Nike store while the other drive to meet us there . We pass these, they crack me up

We get a pair of trainers and then set off for Epcot , arriving at 1230

Look at the empty roads ...

Cant get enough pictures of signs on this holiday

The park is empty although Soarin though is a 65 min wait and Mission Space at 25 minutes ( bit no one fancies another look at their breakfast so we skip the rides) .

is this classed as a "bad hair day ?"

Jamie wonders how he got landed with carrying the "pink poncho bag"

Connor and Nick try hard to contain the sheer excitement of spending time in more shops

Jamie and Nick sign up for Agent P mission and tootle off to save China
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 12, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Officially an empty park

we will meet them in China after bumbling about Mexico – where we do enjoy the Gran Fiesta ride

is this a "bad hat day?"

its a rubbish pic but the firework effect was really good

WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 12, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Then into Norway – where Maelstrom is ok ( 10 minute queue) .

wow, bad hat and bad hair - all in one go !

We bump into Nick and Jamie, who it seems also saved Norway as well as China – well thank heavens for that.

Old 30 Oct 12, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

The rain is spitting a bit as we have a look around the African outpost

how many men does it take to open an icebox ...

By the time we get to Germany, it looks set for a full on downpour

so we take shelter in Karamel Kuch where I have another of the chocolate pretzel sticks and its as disappointingly dry as last time – all those yummy treats and I pick a duff one! Nick and Jamie get a toffee apple each .

Old 30 Oct 12, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

On into Italy , which disappoints us a bit, we love Italy so much but this just doesn’t do it for us at all

Nick and Jamie stay here at the Kidcot station and we go on to America and watch the Voices of Liberty , who are very good.

The rain is more persistent as we reach Japan

and we opt to skip Morrocco – by the time we reach France, its definitely full on poncho weather and that means we pass through Britain and Canada as its just too wet.
Old 30 Oct 12, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

We are back the park exit around 3.15 so decide to go on Spaceship Earth which is a walk on .

Out of the park by 4.30 and a quick stop at the Outlet s where the boys also pick up some Subways to take home for Dinner .

A selection of purchases made

Its raining pretty much all the time now so we call it a day and arrive back at the villa just before 7 via a stop at Chilli’s to make use of their 2 for $20 offer. Andy has Ribs and Fries and Steak and Mash . I have the fajitas which are nice – but there are no tortillas included so it’s a bit odd. Total was $36 for a small mountain of food.

We are all pretty beat and settle in to watch the TV – which is pretty much all about the Republican conference in Tampa, which has postponed its first day due to the weather, and of course the Hurricane which is now heading for New Orleans but leaving heavy rain in its wake .

Satnav sabotage was nil and shopping count was definitely high !
Old 30 Oct 12, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
plutofan1
Imagineer

Now thats some pile of shoes !

Loving reading your trippie, many thanks
Can't believe how empty the park looked.
plutofan1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 12, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A quiet day in Epcot and plenty of shopping
Old 31 Oct 12, 03:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Nesbits
slightly serious Dibber

Goodness, those lobster cars were seriously scary! Nice looking breakfast, yum. Thanks for all this effort, I am enjoying your holiday.
Nesbits is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 12, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Another fab day Amanda. How lucky were you with an empty EPCOT. Love the shoe pic

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List