Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Nov 12, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Disney Feast West & East Day 35 : DHS Dash, Epcot Epic, Hooty Booty and shop till we drop .

Our last day in a Disney Park - phew, very relieved we got the dates right - would have been well miffed otherwise !

En route to the parks - this is the best view we had of the Golden Gate Bridge all holiday !

We make it to DHS for 0845 and sheesh the car park is busy – I even wonder if they added an EMH when I wasn’t looking !

But thankfully inside it doesnt seem as busy as the car park would lead us to believe

The boys run on to Toy Story while Andy and I have ANOTHER difference of opinion about collecting fast passes – it is always in this park where there is some memory failure about what was agreed the night before and of course the 3 big rides with fast passes couldn’t be much further apart so it’s a long trek to Toy Story to discover FPs are for 1130 – that’s no good, we want to be gone by then so I turn back and walk down to Rock N Roller and get fast passes for 0945

RnR and Tower of Terror are both only at 10 minutes on Standby anyway.

The boys are off TSM by 0925 and I see them walking down Sunset Boulevard at 0930 , armed with a mountain of cold drinks. As there are few minutes yet till our FP window opens, I decide to conquer my fear of rides and go on ToT – I am really not sure how I will get on being such a wimp but accompanied by the boys, and taking my specs off so I cant actually see anything, I am convinced I will be fine.

Actually I enjoyed it in parts – even though in the photo I am clinging on for dear life and the kids are all pointing and laughing at me !

I emerge triumphant and so Andy decides that he will go on RnR – I would like to have gone too, but with my shoulder still being so painful, I really don’t fancy the over shoulder restraints and being thrown around, so I sit that one out. They are off by 1015 and Andy says “never again”.

i blame the parents myself ...

you know when then say pictures speak louder than words ...

We had never noticed the rotating Mickey before !

We have some photopass pics and say good bye to one of our favourite parks

WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 12, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

At 1034 we leave DHS and at 1042 we arrive at Epcot.

Definitely the parents

because you can never have enough of these shots

We agree to split up and we will all meet again at 1230 in Canada – I think I was planning lunch in Beaches and Cream but that went pear shaped. The boys want to do the games in the Project Tomorrow bit at the end of Spaceship Earth ( these are the same as what was in Innoventions in Disneyland in California).

We check out whether there are any Soarin’ fast passes – which there are but for 1pm ( its 11am now) and again , we want to be gone by then so we pass on that. A quick stop at Club Cool, and I officially claim the park as being all to myself

fresh from my ToT triumph I decide to try Mission Space – the green side – which is a walk on and really good – why have I never tried this before !

I immediately decide I can deal with the Orange side , which is also very good , but maybe a tad too much excitement in one go- as we are on our way out I feel really woozy and queasy – maybe it’s the Club Cool fizzy pop, the heat or lack of breakfast but as we walk towards the World Showcase to meet the boys, I am feeling really rather odd – even guzzling a tube of smarties for a sugar burst doesn’t seem to help.

Edited at 04:13 PM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 12, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Andy spies the boys at 1215 and they are ready to leave which is good, as I am definitely ready to leave as well. On the way out, I am tempted to just lay down on the grass under a shady tree /bush as I feel so peculiar but decide that ending the holiday being forcibly removed by Disney security isnt quite what I had in mind ...

We all need food, so we decide to go to a place that is renowned for its fine cuisine

Seriously, the boys had wanted to come here and I was fine with that. Its quite quiet and we are soon served. The food is alright – very average ( Jamie says his burger wasn’t very nice). The other meals are a shrimp po boy, chicken sandwich , boneless wings and sodas.

It cost around $60. As we are leaving we ask for a photo with the girls

Andy sneaks in when i am not looking

and we tell them that its Connor’s birthday ( which it will be in 3 days time). So they make him and another guy stand on a chair while they sing and wiggle their tiny butts about – Connor pretends to be mortified but secretly is lapping up all the attention. The Hooter stickers stayed on the T –shirt for the rest of the holiday and are now all over the desk in his room !

Feeing much better after some food , we head off to the outlets , pointing out to the whingeing trio that after almost 5 weeks away, they have yet to purchase any gifts for some loved ones left at home so if they get focused today and buy some stuff, they may be spared further shopping torture in our remaining few days

Suitably focused, numerous purchases are made in the Disney outlet and Connor’s Hooters stickers attract quite a lot of passing attention - when he isn’t being asked if works in the Vans store …

We have a neat haul of gifts – t shirts, hats, bags, smelly stuff and all at really good prices. We make some other purchases too – the stores are gearing up for Labor Day sales ( as if we haven’t bought enough) and the prices are really silly – our mountain of Disney Goods came to less than $40 . I do love a bargain.

For a change, Subways are purchased by the boys ( where this obsession with Subway came, I don’t know but it became a staple food source) and we are all done by 7pm.

We have had a very productive shopping trip which ensures the boys will be saved from further Mall terrors for at least another day. Except the tills at the Lacoste store have now broken and unless you can pay in cash, you have to leave your stuff behind the tills , with your name on , and come back tomorrow .

Tomorrow , the incredible plan says we are at Aquatica and Seaworld – but it seems no one is really fussed about going back to SeaWorld so I will go to Aquatica with the boys and Andy will go back to the Outlets to pick up and pay for our purchases – assuming they are still there of course ….
Old 4 Nov 12, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Great day, my you were brave going on orange! I had to power walk out of there when I got off I was so sick :-( Funny your comment about gg bridge - even stood on it we couldn't see it lol!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 12, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Another good one
I love a good bargain

ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 12, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post

love it
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 12, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
you definately fitted a lot into today
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 12, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
hross42877
Imagineer

Great day!

Holiday Inn I-Drive (Honeymoon!) Oct2003 /Quality Inn Plaza Feb 2005
Sheraton Studio City International Drive Oct 2010/2012/2013
Animal Kingdom Kidani Village Oct 2014/2016/2018/2023
Atlantis Palm Dubai? 2024
hross42877 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 12, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by princess_chazy View Post
Great day, my you were brave going on orange! I had to power walk out of there when I got off I was so sick :-( Funny your comment about gg bridge - even stood on it we couldn't see it lol!
Orange definitely weirded me out , I felt really peculiar, I will stick with Green . We did see a good pic of the GG bridge in the Reagan Musuem too , but like you, even going over it we saw less than on Soarin !

Originally Posted by ginger ninja View Post
Another good one
I love a good bargain
Thanks - yes , so do we (hence the two extra cases ). We were so lucky with the Labor Day sales - the prices were just silly. I got a Lacoste bag that was $235 but priced at $110 in the outlet but went down to $56 in the sales, thats just over £35 for a large Tote bag thats big enough to be my handluggage - , it would be rude not to at that price ! DKNY had some crazy prices too

Originally Posted by geoff193 View Post
love it
Thanks - so did the boys

Originally Posted by disney owl View Post
you definately fitted a lot into today
We did, but we didnt feel rushed , Epcot was so empty !

Originally Posted by hross42877 View Post
Great day!
Yes it was - our two favourite parks and loads of bargains
Old 6 Nov 12, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Wow you fitted alot into your day. I braved orange on my own as everyone else chickened out it was brilliant but like you I also felt weird for a couple of hours after,next time I'm going green.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List