Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 10 Aug 13, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Disneyland California Food Review August 2013

Thought I would do this as I havent seen any food threads, we were 4 nights and 5 days staying at the Disneyland hotel with no dining plan or any reservations before we got there

Tangaroa Terrace (Disneyland hotel) Lunch - post 2

Mimi's Cafe Dinner (offsite) (visit 1)- post 3

Jolly Holiday Bakery (Disneyland park) Lunch- post 5

Trader Sams (Disneyland hotel) Dinner-post 10

White Water Snacks (Grand Californian hotel) Breakfast- post 12

Award Wieners (California Adventure) Lunch - post 13

Ghiradelli's (California Adventure) Snack - post 14

Naples (Downtown Disney) Dinner - post 15

Cafe Orleans (Disneyland park) Lunch - post 16

Mimis cafe (offsite) Dinner (visit 2) - post 17

Steakhouse55 (Disneyland hotel) Breakfast - post 18

Edited at 01:42 PM.
pennycrayon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 13, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Tangaroa Terrace (Disneyland hotel) Lunch

We had just arrived at the Disneyland hotel and checked in, and were rather hungry and after a long transfer to get to the resort from our hotel in Hollywood.

We decided to pop into Tangaroa Terrace, our hotel's counter service. Disneyland's counter service is generally a couple of dollars more expensive than WDW (but probably cheaper than Disneyland Paris with the exchange rate) but this is made up by the fact that at a lot of the places the food is brought to yuor table after you order on real plates with real cutlery! I am not a fan of using plastic so I thought this was great and much more civilised

We both went for burgers (my first one of the holiday, nearly two weeks in shocking!)

The husband had the Angus 1/3 lb. Hawaiian Cheeseburger - Ground Angus Burger with Teriyaki Sauce, Fresh Grilled Pineapple, Havarti Cheese, Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato on a Multigrain Bun with choice of Sweet Potato Fries or Green Papaya Slaw. $10.69

He liked it, but the beef wasnt as tasty as other places we went too.

I had the Angus 1/3 lb. Cheeseburger - Ground Angus Burger with American Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato and our Classic Sauce on a Multigrain Bun with choice of Sweet Potato Fries or Green Papaya Slaw. $9.99

I enjoyed mine, and thought the beef tasted just like disney burgers

We both really enjoyed the sweet potato fries which I am a big fan of anyway.

The theming of the restaurant is great, and there are lots of outdoor seats we gave this 3/5
Old 11 Aug 13, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Mimi's Cafe

I had read good reports of Mimi's previously, so had planned to visit one evening. It's located off-site (shocking I know) next door door to the popular Hojo and was a pleasant 10 min walk from the hotel.

We were seated immediately and I was impressed with how how nice the restaurant is and we had great service.

I made my own dish from the le bistro menu, which consisted of boneless skinless chicken breast, mash, green beans with a mushroom Madeira sauce. It was very yummy, I have a slight addiction to American mash and this was good! I can find prices online but I think this was only $12.

The husband had the roasted chicken crepes,
Roasted chicken, mushrooms, spinach and tomatoes, sautéed with brie cheese and honey Dijon cream sauce. Served with balsamic baby greens he loved these and again I think it was around $12.

We thought this place was great for a cheap home cooked meal. My only compliant is the menu lists the calories, no one needs to know that on holiday! 4/5
Old 11 Aug 13, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Ooh glad you're doing this Gem!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 13, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Jolly Holiday Bakery [/COLOR]

This is a really pretty counter service restaurant at the end of Main Street which is Mary Poppins themed.

The husband had the tuna roll which I can't find on the menu, maybe it was a special? H thought this was tasty and came with a side if disney crisps

I had the jolly holiday bakery combo which was a cheese toastie and a tomato and basil soup ($8.99). I had seen this on the disney food blog and it fufilled! The cheese toastie was lovely and gooey mmmmm

We also shared the practically perfect punch was nice and refreshing on a hot day

We really enjoyed it here and would have been back if we had time!
4/5

Ps the desserts looked great we just weren't hungry enough!
Old 17 Aug 13, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mmmm...this is my first stop when we get to DL...cinnamon roll!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 13, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by NatsyNoo View Post
Mmmm...this is my first stop when we get to DL...cinnamon roll!
I have never tried a disney cinnamon roll, not sure why as I love them!
Old 17 Aug 13, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by gemmybear83 View Post
I have never tried a disney cinnamon roll, not sure why as I love them!
Me either! I just never get there! Hence why it is my top priority this time! Everything I have read tells me they are the same as the wdw ones!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
Old 17 Aug 13, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Mmmmm keep em coming

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 13, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Trader Sams

Trader Sams is a bar/restaurant in the disneyland hotel, named after Trader Sam from the jungle cruise the theming is excellent, and special things happen in there when you order certain cocktails, its great fun

We sat inside, but outside they had live music and a fire pit and also looked lovely!

Worth noting there are no children allowed in the evening

To start with we had cocktails (non alcoholic for me off course!) I can't remember what I had, but the husband had the zombie head

He really enjoyed it and paid extra to get a zombie head glass to take home (he uses it every night!)

Trader Sams shares the kitchen and similar menu with Tanagora Terrace, and is the same price as the counter service

I had the Barbecued Chicken Sandwich - Panko-crusted Chicken Breast, Tamarind Barbecue Sauce, and Green Papaya Slaw on a Multigrain Bun served with Sweet Potato Fries. $9.49

It was lovely and huge!

The husband had the Pu Pu Platter - Tamarind-glazed Island Pork 'Wings', Sweet and Spicy Asian Wings, Panko-crusted Chinese Long Beans, Green Papaya Slaw, and Sriracha Aioli. $15.99

This was fab I really enjoyed stealing the green beans

We loved Trader Sams, it was good value for money, excellent theming and great service - a must for every disneyland visit even if just for drinks!5/5