Notices

Old 19 Aug 13, 03:17 AM  
Link to this Post
cheekytink
VIP Dibber

cheekytink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Naples Vacationtastic - Day 8- The Epic EPCOT Day Of Eating

Today we have spent the day at our (my) favourite place in the whole wide world.
EPCOT.
Having slept well at the beach club we had breakfast at Cape May Cafe, mainly because there was little other choice at the hotel. It was good though and we were joined by Minnie, Goofy and Donald.
It started well...

Morgan was chuffed with the whole thing too.

Then the inevitable happened.
Minnie was amazing. She sat down and played peekaboo with Emilia, but despite her best efforts, it was all a bit much for her. Goofy didn't stand a chance and sensibly kept away from her. Morgan had hugs and fist-bumping with him though.

Mickey waffles were eaten.

Morgan chose the carved ham and asparagus for breakfast..?

We never made it into the imagination institute again, which is sad as next year it will be gone ;-(

My dad, Morgan and I did the "behind the seeds" tour at the land pavilion. This is where you get to go backstage into the greenhouses and learn about the work the biologists etc are doing. Really really interesting and was a cheap tour ($54 total for the 3 of us) and I would recommend to anyone vaguely interested in plants/ science.

We also rode Mission: Space.
Dad and I did the orange "more intense" version whilst dan and Morgan took the big girlie green version.
I really love this ride, I think it's well created
and is quite different to most of the other "thrill" rides at wDW

We had lunch at the San Angel inn at Mexico. This was mums chicken tostada appetiser.

My pork loin on roasted veg with a pumpkin/ almond sauce.

Dan's steak entree. I really can't remember many other details.

Mum and dad both had chicken enchilada with green tomatillo sauce.

After lunch we signed up for some serious agent p fun :-)

And I got to try school bread at last!

We stopped at Germany and went into the amazing Karamel Kuche shop. Morgan had a choc brownie with caramel drizzle.

We needed a little stop off as it was starting to rain, so we made it to Tutto Italia's wine cellar. We decided to wait out the storm here- Emilia was happy sat chomping on bits of bread for a while and Morgan drank about a gallon of milk. I started with a spritz (prosecco and Campari) which is a classic Italian hot weather drink. My DH's father makes the best version of these!

Dan ate a chocolate caramel pretzel rod :-)

It was still raining (ish) so I had a glass of barbaresco.

When we went in 2011, Tutto Italia was being refurbished. I had a little mooch around the restaurant and its beautiful. The menu was a bit unoriginal but safe disappointingly.

It did however have the most fantastic loos! Marble cubicles!

We ate dinner in teppan edo after the obligatory 45 minutes in Japan's shop.

I had chicken and steak with noodles etc. it was nice and very well cooked, but I was just not hungry!

The chef was great, although he didn't sing and dance like the one at the table next to us!

We headed back to the beach club at about 8.30. It was thunder/lightning but no rain, but the wind before the rain had started and it was clearly about to chuck it down, so we made a decision to head back and miss out on illuminations. Dan put Emilia to bed whilst Morgan and I went to Martha's Vineyard with mum. I had a glowtini :-)
At about 9.05 (just as everyone in the park was enjoying illuminations) the heavens opened! Seriously heavy downpour.
Seems we made the right decision.

Mum had a Captain's Mai-tai

We ate the rest of the Karamel Kuche haul- milk and dark salted caramels and a caramel marshmallow swirl.
We went to bed late and still haven't decided which park to go to tomorrow. I guess we will decide at breakfast...

Been to DLP 40+ times?
Yes... Yes I have.

DLP: 92,93,94 (twice), 95, 96, 98, 99, 00 (twice), 01,02,03, 05, 06 (twice) 07, 09, 10 (twice), 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (twice) 19 (x 4!), 2022 x2 .

WDW 94,96, 99, 10,11, 13, 14,15,17,18,19, 22 x2, 23 x4 and 24 booked x3 (so far!)
Solo visitor lover and DCL 2023 on the Disney Wish
DL 93
cheekytink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 13, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Flower2603
Imagineer

Flower2603's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 24
Great photos, love Epcot and especially Beach Club

August 2008 - All Star Sports/Tradewinds, St. Pete
Aug. 2010 - Beach Club/RPH Aug. 2012 - Beach Club!
August 2015 - RPH/POFQ
October 2017 - Newport Bay DLP August 2018 Tokyo Disney
Flower2603 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 13, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by cheekytink - 19 Aug 13 11:29 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 13, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Cocktails all sound delish!
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 13, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Den
Imagineer

Love Karamel Kuche, great weather prediction too!
Disney Den is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List