Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports Download the app for iOS or Android
Unread 21 Jan 14, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 47

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Heading into the Sunset Day 12 - Hollywood Studios and the Sci Fi Diner

Weather today high 80s, sunny, dry

We had the usual routine this morning, a bit of pool time and me nagging everyone to move, finally getting in the car after only having coffee, and today setting off for another trip to Hollywood Studios, where were in Film carpark. We did the obligatory half walk, half run to TSM for FPs and got them for later in the day. We all had different things we wanted to do, so firstly we decided to go the the restaurant booking kiosk and see we could get in Sci Fi for a meal. They offered us 3.45pm which we were happy to take, and agreed to meet up there if we got split up.

David, Jo and Jack went to queue for the Motor show, while we went to Starring Rolls for 'breakfast' , me and Helen should have shared a cupcake, they are huge, especially the Butterfinger one. 2 cupcakes, a Danish and 3 cappuccinos $22.50. Suitably stuffed, we went on the Great Movie Ride, where we got the gangsters, I know this ride shows it's age, but it sums up the Studios for me. We all met up to use our FPs and had a real laugh on TSM, it's a great ride - but still overhyped. Next was a trip to Star Tours, in fact we went straight round and did it again as there was no queue.

Beauty and the Beast was next on the agenda for me and Helen, so we stopped off and got FPs for ToT. B and B isn't really a 11 year old boys thing :-) so they went on RnR coaster while we were in there, and then it was time to head to the restaurant where we were seated quickly.

I love the theming in there, but I wish the film loop was a bit longer! We had a car for 6 and Russ, Helen and my bill show that we had 2 ribs, New York strip, Caesar salad, 2 ice cream sundaes, 4 beers and a coke. $153.06 including tip. As we had 6 people, the tip was automatically added, but as in all the restaurants, we asked them to split the bill and it was easily done. The food was nice, but we've had better, the price reflects the theming rather than the food, but it was a first for Jack and he loved it.

I can't remember the order we did the rest in, but they went on ToT using the FPs and then went straight back on, while Russ and I revisited the Animation Academy, He joined them to make good use of the RnR coaster single rider line several times. We missed the Backlot Tour, and the Pirates walk through attraction as the queues were too long, so went to watch Indiana Jones which is always good fun, and then The Muppets - which I think needs a change or a revamp. Perhaps we've just seen it too often!

It was dark by now, so we decided to leave, and call in at DTD to collect our BandLeader Mickey. The lady tried to sell us another! Ones enough thankyou :-). We thought about Disney Quest, but decided to come back tomorrow giving them plenty of time. So it was back to the villa in time for Jack to get in the pool, and spend a while in the games room, before we collapsed again after another great day.

TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
A Dream and a Beach Club
MrsBC is a Disney Podcast DIBBcast-ear
Unread 21 Jan 14, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by MrsBC - 21 Jan 14 12:36 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 14, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Fieryannie
Imagineer

More great pics

xxx
Animal Kingdom Lodge - HRH - Aug/Sept 2012
All Star Music Resort - June/July 2009
Fieryannie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our next adventure... Eek
Unread 22 Jan 14, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Another great day, I love the sound of the Sci-Fi Diner, a must-try the next time we're there.
Unread 23 Jan 14, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
That was a great day, it is amazing how time just flies by. Feel the urge to do some planning after seeing your lovely photos - brings it all back
Joshie1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
1st time onsite, maybe?
Unread 30 Jan 14, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbigbeak
Imagineer

Loving your pics

1st time POFQ Aug/Sep 2012- 2 weeks -2nd time Rosen inn,POFQ 3 weeks-3rd time NYC,Canada,DC,Rosen inn, Coranado springs 5weeks-4th time Vegas,San Fransisco,Hollywood, Anaheim & NYC 3 weeks - 5th time,Rosen inn international,Disney all star music resort 3 weeks
mrsbigbeak is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Ready 2 explore
Unread 9 Feb 14, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

We loved the sci if diner and agree that the loop needs to be longer. We actually had the best Disney burger there and our server was a treat. We will be booking to go back on our next trip.. Dh had a true scifi geek moment trying to name all the movies!
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
New countdown started at 1440 days
Unread 9 Mar 14, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Another great day! Starring Rolls - good breakfast choice I would say

Sci Fi looks good, we are booked for May, can't wait to try it
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
9 nights at The Dolphin :)
Redrach1903 Loves the DIBBcast Disney Podcast
Eat and Play Card