Notices

Old 17 Feb 14, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
peagusus66
Imagineer

Today’s special moments are tomorrow's memories- pre trip for October 2014 exciting updated 10/09

Well with 8 months to go or 229 days whichever sounds shorter makes me happy,thought it was time to start on the pre-trippy.
How it came about

Very simple really, Colin loved it last time and wanted to back and take his son with us this time and who am I to argue . So the saving started.
here we are last time

Who we are, or the new and improved cast
Me... Planner, booker,hair puller outer, worrier supreme, 47 years young and Disney knocks a good 20 years off me when I visit ! My favourite park is Universal Studios, fave Disney is animal kingdom, favourite film-princess and the frog, fave character, eeyore, he's so snuggly, looking forward to doing rock n roller coaster and MNNSHP the most at the moment. I work at Tesco's, gotta love it,it pays for Disney! and I live in the Orkney Islands where we get 3 days a year of lukewarm sunshine,so another reason for loving florida
me

DF Colin... Just lets me get on with it and is pretty laid back,he's my toyboy at 42 years. His favourite part of our last holiday was staying at the hard rock hotel, It was his birthday surprise which I had kept a secret last time. Favourite Disney film ? hmmm he liked wreck it ralph, so I guess that one, he loves shrek too although it's universal. Favourite character..he loved gru and the minions last time and the simpsons, he called Donald duck... daffy last time we met him so I guess we have to work on Disney characters lol, Colin is most looking forward to our airboat ride and gatorland (he loves reptiles)
colin

DD Shannon, 10 years old, has ADHD and ASD and has been in the past a real handful, she is medicated for her ADHD which has made a huge difference and also the fact she is getting older, We used the gac last time but only on queue's of more than half an hour as we found that was her tolerance for waiting, I do think that she has to learn to deal with waits though as it's just life, she is a lot better and I'm hoping we can do without any help this time as we are going at a quieter time. Shannons favourite park is Magic Kingdom, her favourite character is tinkerbell and rapunzel (she can't pick lol) Shannon is looking forward the most to aquatica and nasa
shannon

DS Arron... colin's son, 16 years old, also on the spectrum, but far more laid back than Shannon.He loves to play guitar. He cannot wait to go on holiday going to america is a dream of his, so it's all coming true for him, I'm sure he'll be back after this. Arron has no favourites yet as he has never been but is looking forward to it all, I think he'll probably like Universal the best as he's a bit of a harry potter fan.
So that's us, now on to the exciting bit the trip so far

After we came back from Florida last time, tired,skint and happy I really had no more plans for going back, colin liked it but it was an expensive holiday and I had had enough of scrimping and saving. Then he said he wouldn't mind going back and taking his son with us this time and so all thoughts of the horrible doing without and saving and staying in and saving and cutting back on takeaways and saving...get the picture went out of my head and the hunt was on.

The minute the holiday firms released their holidays I was in like flynn, we wanted a apartment this time as didn't fancy us all sharing a room with us not really knowing each other so well. So I found a holiday at a price I liked with virgin staying at the enclave suites (which is really close to where we stayed last time) a 2 bedroom, so there is a double room and a twin so the kids can either share or one of them can be in the bedroom and the other in the living room on the sofa bed. Breakfast is included which is great although i'm sure we'll sneak off to dennys a couple o times ! It cost £4200 flying from Glasgow direct, so happy with this booked it and paid the deposit on the 17th of april 2013.
Enclave Suites

We are not having a car as I don't drive and colin isn't confident enough over here on the mainland so doesn't feel he can manage over there lol. So I need to book transfers for us, last time we went with a private sedan so will do that again it was fantastic right out of the airport and a nice driver and a air conditioned car ready and waiting.

Getting to Glasgow
Of course living where we do we have to start our trip the day before to get to glasgow, there are a whole lot of different ways to get there but the quickest and easiest is with flybe, we have to have flybe as they are the only company who fly from our wee airport , so as soon as the 6 month window opened with our dates I was online and booking up, I got all 3 of us for £344 return which I was pleased with (when BA operated out of Orkney years ago I once paid over £600 one way to glasgow! )It always seems to be the cheapest way to get tickets is to book right off. We will meet Arron down there as he stays with his mum in Inverness.
Airport Hotel
I have booked us the Holiday Inn Express, I'm pretty sure it's really close to the airport,plus they do free breakfast. Shannon and I stayed in one in aberdeen and we loved it, I got this through quidco at $52 plus 12% off , so am pleased with the price. We get to Glasgow quite early so will pop in on the bus for some shopping and find somewhere nice for dinner... maybe someone can suggest something american style to get us in the mood

Tickets
This time round we are doing some different parks and even going to one I haven't been to before, so we are getting
one day disney tickets for either animal kingdom or hollywood studios.
MNSSHP tickets , going to go at 4 and get as much done as poss before 7

Kennedy Space Centre, I have been once on my first trip over ten years ago, but a lot has changed there and lots of new stuff, shannon likes space so i'm hoping this will be a winner.

A day trip with a airboat ride then on to gatorland, have book this at the start of the holiday as the pick up time is 7.40 am so we will still be rising early

14 day universal/IOA

Busch Garden, again I haven't been here in a while so there are new rides and we didn't do it last time so a new park for the other 3

Wet n wild, mainly because they are cheaper for a 14 day ticket and they have a new kids area and are just next door to us

Lynx bus passes will get a 7 day pass for the second week so we can go further out shopping, walmart and florida mall especially
I ride passes for the 2 weeks best way for getting up and down the drive IMHO

So far I have and have paid for universal, kennedy, disney one day and gator gator gator, so not much more to get and my lovely dad has offered to pay for tickets for a park for us, so will get him to get busch or wet n wild.

Things I still need to do

ESTA colin and arron are getting new passports so are waiting for those coming back, in fact colin had a letter today saying his photo's were too dark (not happy with this seeing as a pro photographer took them ! )
API again passports
Insurance, am not sure what to do with it as 3 of us live together and one doesn't, needs sorted soon though
adr for whichever disney park we spend the day at or maybe somewhere at downtown still to be decided
a hotel near to disney or if funds will stretch a disney hotel, we decided to stay out here on the night we do MNSSHP so we can stay to the end
book seats
holiday wardrobe to be bought
finish saving for spends, I have a tin nearly full and can start socking the rest away when the bits are paid up.

Places we would like to eat at
we are defiantly doing red lobster this time, we both love shellfish and gave it a miss last time due to DD's fussiness, she likes prawns now though so hopefully she can have them lol
Bahama Breeze, I like this place and haven't been back for the last 2 trips so a long overdue visit is on the cards
Millers Ale house, we loved it here last time
Denny's for a moon over hammy so nummy
IHOP just has to be done
Olive Garden, missed it last time so will visit this time for sure
TGI Fridays for the corriander and lime coleslaw that is all lol
Chilli's loved the food and atmosphere here last time and the balloon man
Somewhere at citywalk , still not sure where maybe hard rock ? lots of choice though and plenty time to make it.
I'm sure I will add more to this
Others
we are going to go for a jaunt out to old town on the sat night for the car parade , I'm sure colin will like it
silver spurs rodeo, think we will all like this and will be something a bit different
crazy golf, we will do this sometime have never played over there.
Maybe a horse ride for me and shannon
Outta control comedy magic comedy show
Blue man group

So to date we have paid off the holday yaaaaaaaaay , this is the worst bit but we paid the last bit off in January , paid for the main part of the tickets so are trundling along nicely now.

I have a lovely planning folder I bought here on the dibb from amy1511, and luggage tags….do you think I may like despicable me a little lol, everything is nice and tidy in there.

that's it for now I guess I'll add things as we go

Edited at 09:00 AM. Reason: update
peagusus66 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 14, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Great start, looks like our trips overlap as we arrive on October 11th :-)
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, August 2020 Disneyland California
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 14, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
peagusus66
Imagineer

so we do I like october have been once before then, but I don't think the parks had parties and things 20 years ago? It was my first trip so although I was a planning monster back then without being told (always am where ever I go! )I was nowhere as bad/prepared as I am now, hope you have a great time
peagusus66 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 14, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
granmags
Imagineer

granmags's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
great start - had a look as we are also going in October - looks like we go on the same day

love your luggage tags and planning folder - we love minions too

I MAY NOT BE RICH OR FAMOUS BUT I DO HAVE PRICELESS GRANDCHILDREN
granmags is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 14, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
peagusus66
Imagineer

oh my that cake is amazing, love it did you make it yourself ? I can make a fantastic cake tastewise but have no artistic talent . I do love my folder and tags though
Old 21 Feb 14, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great pre trip report we will be there same time as you flying out on the 8th
Taffy1959 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 14, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks_81
Apprentice Imagineer

Another one for Oct (technically leave 30th sept). I cannot wait!
2012 highgrove villa
2014 AOA at TownCentre villa
Tinks_81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 14, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
peagusus66
Imagineer

I love October, the weather is perfect, the parks are decorated and perkins is selling pecan pie... mmmm can't wait for my pecan pie maybe it should have been the thing i'm most looking forward to
Old 22 Feb 14, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Steph0188
Imagineer

yay! Glad you've started. We're out there in October too x
Old 22 Feb 14, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
peagusus66
Imagineer

ty steph, you're getting married there though how wonderful, that's where I would like to do it too x