Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 11 Apr 14, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Ahhh what a lovely story, congratulations to you. Your plans sound fab, lots of lovely locations to chose from. Can't wait to hear more
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 14, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Awe lovely story! I have been to a ŵedding at wortley hall, it is lovely and I remember the food being really good!

The hall is beautiful!
Old 13 Apr 14, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
llamala
Imagineer

Hi, your proposal was lovely and your ring is wow.
May I recomend Bagden Hall in Denby dale, we went to a wedding there last year and had a fab time, food excellent and a really nice informal day.
llamala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 14, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsWoody
Very Serious Dibber

Congratulations! I love the venue with the barn, it's beautiful. Looking forward to hearing more about your plans

May 2015 - Planning:Vero beach, 4nt Disney Dream, Dibb Villa @Westridge,WDW Dolphin & RPR Club level
MrsWoody is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 14, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Hi! I live in Brighouse, not too far from you! Just wondering if you have looked at chevin lodge at otley my friend got married there and it was lovely, also have a friend who got married at rise hall in hull (Sarah beanys house? )

Your plans sound fab!
lottiesmum0 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 14, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Venue update

Hello to all those reading along to my ridiculously early PJ.

I have a few updates for you. My Mum has since pledged a fair amount of money towards the wedding... Neil's parents have said they would contribute something but haven't said how much and I still have to speak to my Dad about the whole thing...

I have since been to my friend's wedding here:

And it was absolutely jaw-droppingly amazing. The Fleece at Ripponden Bank. It's exceptionally close to where we live. So I've sent an email and basically begged for an early booking discount You don't ask you don't get and all that

I've also fallen a little bit in love with this place. This is The Fisherman's Retreat in Ramsbottom.

However, this place is 40 minutes away from where we live. I know this isn't THAT far but as Neil rightly pointed out, it's far enough that people would have to pay a fortune for a taxi home if they didn't want to stay over. There is also no in-house accommodation - although there is some that is close!

I think Neil is keen on this place, it's called Southwood and even though we haven't got the prices yet, I reckon it will be tonnes cheaper than the Fleece and it is close to where we live but I HATE the civil ceremony room. And even though it is lovely, it just doesn't have the views or that WOW factor for me

Neil and I were chatting in bed last night and I was saying that I think one of the reasons I'm struggling with venues so much is that I'm trying to find somewhere I love as much as the Wedding Pavilion and it just ain't happening But doing it abroad just isn't an option as I mentioned before. It would break my Grandma's heart. And there would be a lot of people who couldn't be there who I would want there. And at the end of the day, my family are very close and I think it would break their hearts if they couldn't be there. Not to mention that our best friends are teachers so they definitely couldn't be there without increasing the price of our own Disneymoon substantially.

The fact that these wedding venues are so much more expensive than I thought they were going to be seems to be ensuring that Disney is going to have to be a Memories only state of affairs. I'll have my Mum, Step-Dad, sister and brother. If we had a big do in the UK, I don't think my Dad would be too fussed. Him and my Step-Mum don't go to Disney as religiously as my Mum's side of the family. Then if my sister's bf comes as well, we can either sneak him in or ask him to stand back a little. I find it difficult to comprehend how they can 'police' Memories weddings to be honest!

Anyway, fingers crossed for a discount from the Fleece!

Edited at 04:34 PM.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 14, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
rens
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Love your backstory and the proposal sounds lovely! All the venues you've posted look amazing, hope you find the perfect one for you
rens is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 14, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Amazing congrats! Have been to weddings at both tankersley and Worley and they are both lovely. Have you looked at cubley hall nr penistone? It's a converted barn I've been to some lovely wedding there it's really intimate but big enough for a big party and the views are great! Cpx
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 14, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
nicki2014
slightly serious Dibber

ill second that ive been to cubley hall for my friends wedding it was lovely

COMPLETE-DLP 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, DLR, CA- 2007, WDW- offsite 2008, offsite 2009, SSR 2010, SSR 2012, SSR/ GF/ HRH 2014, SSR 2015, MA/ NYC/ NJ- 2015
nicki2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 14, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hello again chaps!

Another update from me. Alas, all the holiday work I had planned to do over the Easter holidays has slightly fallen by the wayside with all this wedding planning!

Neil and I are still facing this location dilemma. I have been actively looking for venues I can see myself falling in love with and literally none of them are wowing me. Neil thinks I'm being too fussy

New favourite is this one. It's close, affordable and has kick ass views! We're going to have a closer look on Saturday So much for waiting till after the holidays

I'm not overly on the ceremony room but I could tart it up a bit

But the main reception room is very nice:

And as you can see from here, the views would be amazing:

The only thing that is putting me off is the fact that oldest friend Sophie got married here 5 years ago. Is that stupid? Probably

However, the idea of running away to have a Disney wedding is becoming more appealing by the day...

I've also recently been been thinking about things like bridesmaids (a whole other dilemma on its own. I am facing the prospect of having 7 bridesmaids. That's right, 7. All with a bouquet and dress to pay for.

1) Sister, Katie (MOH)
2) Goddaughter, Megan
3) Best friend, Olly
4) Old friend from school, Michelle

This is where I would want it to end But I'm also faced with the problems of...

5) Oldest friend, Sophie (I was bridesmaid to her wedding 5 years ago and am Godmother to her oldest child of 2, but we're not really close anymore since she's had two children and we have very little in common now)
6) Uni friend, Kathryn (I don't see her very often, maybe twice a year, but I do adore her and she's never been a bridesmaid before and when we got drunk at Uni - all those years ago - we used to talk about being bridesmaids at each other's weddings and she's brought it up since I got engaged)
7) Vicky - I am a bridesmaid for her wedding this July. She is a lovely girl and I am quite close to her but I have other friends who I am closer with!

Any advice for bridesmaid etiquette that can help me avoid having his many bridesmaids?! 4 is already a lot!

Edited at 04:36 PM.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List