Notices

Old 19 Apr 14, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbigbeak
Imagineer

Cats Out The Bag Day 12 Aug/Sep Discovery Cove

Today we got up early, got some things together and made our way to discovery cove . I was very excited but also very nervous about doing the swim . The plan would be for me to do the the first swim and mark and samara do the next available one , to ensure that one of us was always with Anya . I decided to let samara and mark to do the swim together as i didn't want my fear spoiling it for samara , Mark couldn't wait to get stuck in .

Mark and samara getting some breakfast

We had a walk around got a few snaps of some different birds before my swim

Some beautiful colours

Me looking a tad frightened , I'm such a wimp lol . I can remember when this bird landed on me it was very heavy and his claws were quite hot . I think I shouted to mark to hurry and just take the pic already lol.

Much more relaxed now lol NOT

Anya loved these ones as they kept on trying to peck the sand off the moon buggy things that they give you and she lived teasing them and giggling .

This was what them turkey looking birds were after , the sand on the buggy lol

Well it was getting close now to my swim so i set off and watched a short video of the dos and don'ts while mark found a great spot to record the swim

These suits are not at all flattering and quite difficult to get into lol but a laugh

Can't believe how at ease I was when in the water , it was really over whelming . Fantastic

Listening to the talk about the dolphins was very interesting .

A combination of sun and sun cream in my eye lol

These were the pics the the photographers took

I think this was the bit i was most worried about but really it was just brilliant . What lovely memories . It was coming to the end of my swim and I had already asked if Anya could get in to have some pics done . Now I didn't know how she would be but she absolutely loved it and couldn't get enough lol

Anya was beaming x

A lovely kiss for the dolphin , she wasn't hesitant at all x

While waiting for Mark and Samaras swim ,we done or should I say , tried snorkelling with the rays . As you can see this wasn't for samara by the look on her face so while we swam with the rays samara soaked some sun rays up .

Anya is such a dare devil and it didn't bother her in the slightest that the were giant rays around our feet lol she even touched this weird crab thing .

I nearly forgot to post this one of all the dolphins in the air

Time for Mark and Samaras swim , while they was doing the swim i was trying to film , snap pics and keep Anya occupied

Samara being pulled

And Marks swim . Was very proud of him for doing this as he not such a good swimmer

And he also loved it

And a lovely family pic , tbh today was worth it just for this lovely moment we had and shared with each other

Cheese

This is one of my pics . Any away it was a great day but felt let down by the lack of photographers around the park as we paid for the photo package and also how long it took to chooses the pics which was precious time wasted , I think we must of been doing our picks for way over an hour we complained and explained that we wasn't happy and we had money off the package good result but still would of rathered the extra pics and time .

1st time POFQ Aug/Sep 2012- 2 weeks -2nd time Rosen inn,POFQ 3 weeks-3rd time NYC,Canada,DC,Rosen inn, Coranado springs 5weeks-4th time Vegas,San Fransisco,Hollywood, Anaheim & NYC 3 weeks - 5th time,Rosen inn international,Disney all star music resort 3 weeks
mrsbigbeak is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 14, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Fieryannie
Imagineer

OMG... Pics r fab...

xxx
Animal Kingdom Lodge - HRH - Aug/Sept 2012
All Star Music Resort - June/July 2009
Fieryannie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 14, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by mrsbigbeak - 19 Apr 14 11:36 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 14, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
mrbigbeak
Excited about Disney

looking good mrsbigbeak... PLEASE dont let it put you off if you can't swim, honestly it was perfectly fine and i am terrible at swimming, you just stay on a ledge that is probably if i can remember right up to your waist, they are very patient and understanding too. All in all looking back a good day but we did encounter a few problems with pictures and doing 2 seperate swims. You pay a lot of money for Discovery Cove so if its not a perfect day for you dont be afraid to complain.
Old 20 Apr 14, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post

Great day , was delighted to see this up this morning . I loved your pics
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 14, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
nursielynz
Apprentice Imagineer

OMG I can't wait to go but again I'm a little bit scared but I'm guessing once I'm in there then I will be fine it's only me and my husband doing the swim my little one will nearly be two so a little young but I'd love to get a picture with her in the water if we could... !
2022 Port Orleans French Quarter
August 2024 Port Orleans Riverside
nursielynz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 14, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
What a lovely day - the photo of you all together with the dolphin is fab, and I especially love the one with all the dolphins jumping as they swim off.

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 14, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbigbeak
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nursielynz View Post
OMG I can't wait to go but again I'm a little bit scared but I'm guessing once I'm in there then I will be fine it's only me and my husband doing the swim my little one will nearly be two so a little young but I'd love to get a picture with her in the water if we could... !
All you have to do is inform them you would like a picture and they'll do all they can to accommodate thanks for reading everyone

1st time POFQ Aug/Sep 2012- 2 weeks -2nd time Rosen inn,POFQ 3 weeks-3rd time NYC,Canada,DC,Rosen inn, Coranado springs 5weeks-4th time Vegas,San Fransisco,Hollywood, Anaheim & NYC 3 weeks - 5th time,Rosen inn international,Disney all star music resort 3 weeks
mrsbigbeak is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 14, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Dolphin78
Helping Mickey

I'm glad you enjoyed DC despite being nervous. The pics look great!
Acadia Estates Villa, August 2014
Dolphin78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 14, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbigbeak
Imagineer

Yes I was nervous but would love to do it again , thanks