Notices

Old 29 Apr 14, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

I Need A Holiday - Last Minute April 2014 Day 5 - Magic Kingdom, Shopping ;-) And Paradiso 37

Today for breakfast we ate pie! Well to be fair we knew we were having early lunch and dinner so didn't want too much lol and anyway if you can't eat pie on holiday for breakfast then when can you!
I had already taken a bite before I remembered the photo...doh! But it was yummy :-)

We had our morning planned at Magic Kingdom thanks to our fastpass plus planning - it really has been brilliant and I really recommend to all you dibber planners out there :-)

As we were in no real rush we took the boat across and we were walking down Main Street at a couple of minutes past 9am. It was busy but it looked like people were heading in 1 direction only...

Yep you guessed it - the queue for Anna and Elsa was already at 4 hours at about 9.20am... they really need to do something here to cut down the wait!

We had a little time before our 1st FP window closed so rode on Buzz, People mover and Orbit thingy (can't remember the name!) all were walk on!
Seven dwarfs was still not open - but cast members were riding and it was playing the 'hi ho' theme tune :-) so no luck for us this trip but I'm guessing it will be open in a couple of days!

Little Mermaid was next, I like this new ride and of course the music / songs along the way :-)

I saw this quote on some construction - I love it and it's so true :-) #disneymagic

Next we headed over to its a small world - it was a 15 minute queue, it's a bit of a staple ride but that song is soooo annoying over and over again :-)

Next was haunted mansion, you don't get to choose now to by-pass the cemetery so it took about 10 mins to get round and in... there is some hidden magic along the way - see the picture for a clue (we were let into this secret on a behind the scenes tour a couple of years ago)

We had already decided on lunch in Casey corner - the pictures really pay no justice we love these hotdogs! I just had a plain one and Jez had chilli and cheese - top marks from us :-)

Lunch done and up next was our second fastpass - onto the speedway - again another fun ride but it was now getting really hot! This time last year when we were here it rained literally every day and up until about 30 mins ago this time we have had none! (Rain lasted about 10 mins tonight!)

With our final FP being Space Mountain we said goodbye to Magic Kingdom until October - we didn't by far do everything but for us we had spent 2 fun filled mornings here which was enough this time, next time we will switch it up a bit and do afternoon / evening. It just makes sense for us when we are only here a week to get here early before it gets too busy and hot - as we walked our it was definitely busy and very hot!

Next up I wanted 1 last trip to Premium (Top of I.drive), I had promised to get a bag for one of my friends and naturally I wanted a last check on Victoria Secret and Michael Kors :-)
The bag is for my friend and it was on sale from $278 to $199
The bottom left wristlet in navy is also got my friend $79 from $89
Bottom right is mine - could resist (same price as navy)

Next picture and this really doesn't do it justice - it is a navy maxi dress with gold buttons and the belt also had gold metal work engraved with Michael Kors. It is absolutely gorgeous! It is actually on the website in current stock (with a fabric belt) so I was so excited to see it! It was reduced from $169 to $79!
It fits like a glove and I'm in LOVE with it - with my new bag, jewellery and flip-flops it will work perfectly ;-)

Then I spent a good hour or so in Victoria Secret - you need to give yourself lots of time if you want matching items as everything is a) always messy in big display boxes and b) tops and bottoms are not together!
First up they had tons of new bikinis in store - all bottoms were just $7.99 and tops $14.99... well this is now were I get a little extra VS Magic...
The bottoms both came up at $7.99 (originally both $22.99) and the top... originally $54.99 came up at... $1.99! I could have let out a little scream at the register - love it when this happens :-)

Next I spotted this little beauty - down from $48.00 to $14.99 :-)

And finally lots of new underwear in my size out on display! Bras still all $12.99 and bottoms either $2.99 or $3.99
I think it's safe to say I have enough new sets until next time! I pretty much get all my underwear here and I know I've said it before but give yourself time if you want matching sets and you will be super happy and save an absolute fortune!

So that's now it for the outlets until October - sorry for the overload of photos for those who aren't into the shops, but I love to read about everyone's shopping trips in Orlando and wished more would post photos and prices for everyone to see and thought some would like to see my bargains :-)
Don't worry though - for my fellow shopaholics I do have a final trip to Florida Mall slipped into tomorrow's final full day agenda ;-)
Next up was dinner and back to Downtown Disney!

This was our only formal dinner reservation - the food was lovely but I do think it was expensive...
We shared the starter of chips and dips, I then had a steak ranch salad and Jez had a 'tour of land' which was steak, spicy skewers, pork rolls and rice and beans. I did have wine and Jez had coke and it cost just over $90 (including tip). We could have got 15% discount but being new annual pass holders we completely forgot until we had paid and had already left!

To walk off dinner we headed towards main downtown for ice-cream :-)
My goodness portion sizes are ridiculous - Jez seriously had about 5 UK sized scoops which is apparently 2 USA scoops :-) of strawberry and I had black cherry vanilla!

A quick scan around world of Disney before the rain hit!
I picked up these sets of post-it stickers for $5 for all 3 (they had lots to choose from in the stationary section) and I also wanted a holder to put all our playing cards for the new sorcerers game in magic kingdom...now I know I haven't written about this or posted any photos as we basically got our first 2 sets of playing cards and on route to the second window to play I somehow lost the 'key' card which you need to activate the window! See - a purchase absolutely necessary for our next visit and the cards will still work :-)
And that brings day 5 to an end - can't believe how quickly this little trip has gone and it's our last full day tomorrow! The plan is Perkins for breakfast, then Hollywood, then Florida Mall ;-), then Chillis and then a final cinema visit before packing :-( so until tomorrow - thanks for reading - Debs xxx

debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 14, 01:16 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by debidee - 29 Apr 14 1:16 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 14, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Brilliant day! Sad you only have one day left - I am really enjoying your report!
itsrachelhere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 14, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Wow last day tomorrow, that's gone so quickly!

I for one love seeing the shopping. Michael Kors and Victoria Secrets are top of my list so it's great to see the bargains you got. Hopefully you've left some for me, we arrive in less than 2 weeks
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 14, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

I love reading about all of your shopping! A great report - thanks for taking the time to share your fun.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 14, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Torypops
Imagineer

Just want to say I love your trip reports and all the pics included. I'm a complete newbie and plan to head out for just one week in October so it's been great to see how much you've managed to fit in. The shopping pics and bargains you've had are great to see and so are all the food and mealtimes pics for someone that's a complete newbie and doesn't know what to expect. Thank you
Torypops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 14, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Another great day and some fab shopping bargains.
Old 29 Apr 14, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I am sad your trip is ending too! Love how much shopping you did, and all the photos of underwear very funny! Makes me realise I really need to go back and shop harder!
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 14, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbell.xx
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I am loving your trip report! Especially seeing all your bargains. I really don't want you to go home, I don't want this report to stop! Xx
tinkerbell.xx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 14, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

I'm with tinkerbell... want your trip reports to keep coming...

Have a fab last day tomorrow. Will you fit in my suitcase? Can you come with me and be my shopping guru when we go next year
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List