VIP Dibber

Blondie1979's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 30
18 Days Of Orlando Magic Day 14 - Hollywood Studios

Today started off lovely and sunny again, I will never tire of this view
This morning Ian and I are off to find out a little more about Disney's DVC at Saratoga Springs, the kids are going to Magic Kingdom with Jean and Roger and we plan to meet at 1pm at Hollywood Studios.
We drop them all off at DTD so they can get the bus to MK.

Ian and I arrive at the DVC building and meet Frank our personal guide.
I won't bore you with the details but it was really interesting for us, we have looked into DVC before and are in a better place to think about it seriously now.
Thanks to the Dibb we have obviously not said yes to anything yet but we will be going home and doing some more research now we are better informed.
I am also pleased to report that it really isn't hard sell at all, it's really just a look. Of course they want you to sign up but if you make it clear from the start they don't push at all
We leave the DVC building after a couple of hours with an extra 3 fastpasses for each of us for our time!
This comes in handy later !

We arrive at HS at 12.30pm and park the car.

We wait for the kids and Jean and Roger at the entrance as they've caught the bus from MK.
We are all reunited for an afternoon and evening at Studios.

I'm sure many of you are aware that HS are running a Frozen Summer event, it's everywhere in the park there is no escape! As we arrive there is a sing a long happening on the stage under the hat.

We all get given an Olaf to take around the park and if you send in your photo with Olaf via social media there is a chance you will get your picture put up in the Frozen fireworks show at the end of the day
Here is me with my Olaf (he likes warm hugs)

This is our picture we submitted

Ryan and Charlotte got picked on to participate in some Streetmosphere. These guys were hilarious! We drew a crowd..

As they were good participants they were both given a $100 note, sadly not to spend but great for the scrapbook!

We leave Jean and Roger to have some time to themselves and we head for our first FP+ of the day, my favourite ride TOT.

The standby is 30 mins at the moment but this queue is hot, so I'm glad we get to go straight in.

Took this from the entrance to the lobby.

The ride as always was brilliant and we had one really long 'out of your seat' drop at the end!

After TOT we are all hungry so we find a nice shaded table along Sunset Boulevard to sit and eat and cool down, today is the hottest I've been all holiday. I drank so much water today!

Charlotte and I share this chicken meal.

Ian and Ryan share this cheeseburger meal.

After lunch we go to meet Jean and Roger for our FP+ for Voyage of the Little Mermaid.

Taking this photo of Charlotte I wonder where Ryan has gone,

I found him enjoying some air conditioning!

On way to Little Mermaid we pass the new outdoor area at the Brown Derby restaurant. No reservations are required here, it looked really nice but probably not for kids.

We meet Jean and Roger and go to the air conditioned goodness of the Little Mermaid.

I love this show but am sad to say I was a but disappointed with it today, they have cut it much shorter than it used to be
I overheard some other people saying the same too.

Let's hope they sort it out quickly

Next on the list is One Mans Dream.
We have to visit this every time we come to Studios. I love looking around here and I get quite emotional watching the end of the film they play in the theatre.
If it wasn't for Walt's determination to fulfil a dream then we wouldn't have such an magical place to visit

Walt's plans for EPCOT.

Maybe one day?!?

Time to head for our FP+ for Toy Story Mania.
Glad we have one as it's a 65 min wait.

Even Jean likes this ride!

Ryan wants to ride with me, I think it's because I'm not much competition!

So I was pleased with my 135,600 until I looked at Ryan's 157,900! Damn you XBox for making him good at computer games!

We all want to see the Beauty and the Beast show so we head for the last showing of the day.

Pleased to say this was as good as ever

After the show I'm waiting for Charlotte to fill up the water bottle when I realise standing next to the costume Leonardo De Caprio wore in Titanic, he was very slim in that film!

Charlotte wants to do the Muppets 3D so as it's only a 5 min wait we don't mind.

They have updated the pre show to include Constantine but don't get your hopes up, the show itself is still exactly the same.

We still enjoyed it though

We have about 30 mins before we plan to eat so we hop aboard the Studio Tram Tour.

We decided to eat in the Backlot Express as it's nice and quiet.

I have a pressed turkey sandwich, it was lovely and very filling!
Feel like I've eaten rubbish today!

Jean, Roger and Charlotte have a hotdog.

Ryan has chicken.

Ian has another burger!
We like this quick service as you help yourselves to drinks so we always get a refill to take to Fantasmic with us

As we get near to the theatre for Fantasmic at 8.10pm it's announced that there is standing room only left and we will have to wait until 8.50pm to be let in!
Now it was here that I had a brainwave... We have some FP's that we can use, so I ask a cast member if FP are seated and she says yes, my FP doesn't work on the podium but a quick show of my MDE app to prove it and she lets us in

It's absolutely packed! I would definitely consider using a FP for this or turning up VERY early!

The show is fantastic or should I say Fantasmic!

After the show we leave via a backstage area which brings us out to the entrance to the park by the ticket turnstiles. What a result as the Frozen Summer Show and Fireworks is just starting.
They are playing what's happening on stage on a huge screen so we can easily see what's happening and I'm really glad we are standing where we are...
1. Because the road leading up to the hat is rammed side to side, end to end with people.

2. Because we had the most amazing view of the fireworks.

All the fireworks are set to the soundtrack for Frozen. It's brilliant!

The finale is obviously to 'Let it Go'
OMG it's breathtaking and the amount of fireworks going off is just impossible to explain.

Another great reason for standing where we were was we could make a quick exit before the masses!
We are back in the car at 10.15pm.

We have all had a lovely day with the highlight for us all being the Frozen Fireworks.

Tomorrow the boys are off to Kennedy Space Centre and us girls are heading back to SeaWorld as we won't have the car so whatever we do has to be within the I.Ride trolley route. We might do a bit more shopping too

Thanks again for reading!

Anna x x

Old 28 Jul 14, 05:43 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Blondie1979 - 28 Jul 14 5:43 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 14, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
beck_loz
Imagineer

beck_loz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great report, thanks for sharing x
beck_loz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 14, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Another brilliant day. The Frozen fireworks looks fab.
Old 28 Jul 14, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post

I always enjoy my day at Hollywood Studios and you obviously did too the fireworks looked amazing

Love to all
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 14, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Remote
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

Ooooh a bit of a Frozen song song and amazing fireworks x
DLP August 2012 Sequoia Lodge

Haines City - Easter 2019
Remote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 14, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Wozi
Imagineer

Another brilliant day, thanks for sharing
Old 29 Jul 14, 01:26 AM  
Link to this Post
thewatsons
Apprentice Imagineer

Fab day
Four Corners 2014 H27
Highlands Reserve 2019 H27
thewatsons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 14, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

Frozen and fireworks, perfect end to a day
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List