Blondie1979
VIP Dibber

Blondie1979's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 30
18 Days Of Orlando Magic Day 15 - The Girls Do SeaWorld

The boys headed off for Kennedy Space Centre at 9am with instructions to take photos for my report but after Gatorlands poor effort I'm not holding my breath!

Jean, Charlotte and I catch the I.Ride to SeaWorld, the journey is only 10 mins from where we are staying.

We head into the park, we have decided to dedicate our 'girly' day to seeing all the animal exhibits we missed on our first trip and then seeing the dolphin show and the sea lion show.

First stop on our agenda is the stingray pool to feed them, it's $5 for the tray.
Charlotte and Jean are too scared to go first so I show them the ropes!

Ok so it's pretty gross! They are little squid and the best way to feed the rays is to hold the squid between the fingers and place your hand on the bottom of the pool and the rays swim over and take it from you.
It's really weird but the rays are very gentle and it was fun

After seeing me do it Charlotte is keen to have a go.

And she's in! She loved it and so did Jean, I didn't get many photos as I had fishy fingers! Lol

Charlotte does a stingray coin press for her collection, a memory of feeding the rays.

We walk past Turtle Trek to see the Manatees. Last time we were here there was a huge thunderstorm so we didn't hang about!

Not today though, it's another hot and humid one today!

We all loved seeing the penguins last time so we ride Empire of the Penguin again.

This time we ride the 'mild' version to see the difference between the two. Basically the mild version doesn't jump around and spin as much as the 'wild' version. I love all sorts of rides so spinning etc doesn't bother me but I actually preferred the mild version as you get to see more.

The new exhibit far exceeds the old one they had

Just about got a penguin in the background!

Pacific point next to feed the Sea Lions, this was great, they certainly know how to play up for the crowds!

What a poser! Possibly my favourite photo of the day

After feeding the sea lions we go to watch Pets Ahoy.
None of us have ever seen this show before.

This show is very funny and is a must for any young families or for anyone who loves domestic animals

After the show you can go and meet some of the stars. This Great Dane was a real softie

A drink and snack break is needed next as we are wilting in the heat!
Charlotte chooses a sugar cookie.

I have a chocolate chip muffin.

Jean has a club sandwich. We all share a bit of each.

Suitably refreshed we go to watch the dolphin show.

After the dolphin show we see the Clyde and Seamore show then take a walk over to see the killer whales up close.

We are all mesmerised by the baby killer whale playing.

It's nearly 4pm and so hot now so we call it a day and leave.

Charlotte sits and enjoys some cookie dough Dippin Dots while Jean and I pop into the shop.

I buy two reusable shopping bags, one is a pressie for someone. They are really nice and were only $2.

We say goodbye to SeaWorld and catch the I.Ride back to the apartment.

It drops us off right outside.

We walk back and head to our rooms for a cool down and a shower and change before the boys come back.

When we get in I pop the TV on and they are talking about how hot it's been today on the news. If they say it's hot it must be!

The boys come back at 7pm so we go out straight away for dinner at Bahama Breeze.

We only wait 20 mins for our table.

Some piccies while we wait for dinner.

This photo is the only one that came out any good! We shared 2 lime pies between us.
Dinner was excellent as always, we love Bahama Breeze.

Now some of you may remember the one photo they managed to take at Gatorland? Well they did get a few more this time!

They even remembered food pics!

The boys really enjoyed their day at Kennedy and we had a lovely day together at SeaWorld.

Tomorrow we have a morning by the pool planned then we're going to Animal Kingdom in the afternoon

Thanks again for reading!

Anna x x

Old 29 Jul 14, 05:27 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Blondie1979 - 29 Jul 14 5:27 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 14, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

There's obviously much more to see at Sea World than we've ever done. I think it's probably because I'm the only one at all interested in going there and the family just humour me, so there's no enthusiasm from anyone else! It looks like you had a lovely girly day. KSC is a fab day too and I bet the boys loved it, we all love it. Looking forward to your AK report.
Old 29 Jul 14, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 101
What a lovely girly day, and well done to the boys for taking more than one photo, especially the food ones...they're learning

Twitter - @rpaisley79 / Instagram - rachelpaisley79

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Click here for my Disneyland Paris Trip Reports
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 14, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great day at Seaworld! It causes me almost physical pain when people talk about how they went there for a day and then ran out of stuff to see and do! There's so much, and it's good to see you making the most of it . I don't think we have fed the rays before, so I think I will have to do that next time .
itsrachelhere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 14, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post

A lovely girls day out and although a hot day it looked very relaxed. Bahama Breeze looked excellent too - mmmm key lime pie

Love to you all
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 14, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
beck_loz
Imagineer

beck_loz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great report. Thanks for sharing x
beck_loz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 14, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
paulaandhappy
Very Serious Dibber

The key lime pie looks so yummy
:pop:June 06 Imperial swan, Aug 07 Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando, Aug 08 Crowne Plaza Universal, Feb 09Fairfield Inn & Suites Int Dr,Nov 09 Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando Convention Centre Universal Boulevard, Sept 10 Homewood Suites Sept 11 Extended Stay Deluxe Universal BoulevardFeb 12 Homewood Suites Int DriveFeb 13 Comfort Inn & Suites Canada Ave Feb 2014 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando Aug 2014 Enclave Suites Feb 2016 Comfort Inn and Suites Canada Ave April 2017 AllStars Music&Staysky Suites
paulaandhappy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 14, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

How lovely to have a girls day together
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List