VIP Dibber

Blondie1979's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 30
18 Days Of Orlando Magic Day 17 - Magic Kingdom

Today is our last full day
Breakfast out today as we've run out of cereal etc at the apartment. It's nice to go out anyway! Perkins on I.Drive was our choice.
This restaurant holds many memories for me, I used to visit here with my family when I was a child, to be honest it's in need of a refurb but I love the fact it's still exactly the same The food and service are still very good here though.

Boys are happy as they have a substantial menu to choose from.

Ryan, Jean, Roger and myself have oatmeal with maple syrup and a muffin, this picture doesn't do it justice but it was yummy

The muffins were huge! Ryan had apple and cinnamon and Roger had blueberry.

I had biscuits, which for those who have never tried them they are a bit like a scone but lighter.

Charlotte had a kids breakfast.

Of course Ian had to have a big breakfast!

Which also came with pancakes!

We leave Perkins nice and full and get back in the car to go to Magic Kingdom. It takes about 20 mins on the I4 from here to Disney in good traffic.

It's really busy arriving at the MK at 10am and I quickly realise why I usually like to arrive earlier. We eventually get a tram to the TTC, the Ferry and the Monorail queues are really busy so we hop on the resort monorail with no wait and take the trip to the gates of MK in no time

We make a quick dash up Main Street as we have 10 mins to get to Pirates of the Caribbean before our FP runs out!

Nearly there! ...

Made it!

Of course, a silly hat photo opportunity follows! Not my finest!

After pirates we split up from Jean and Roger, we plan to meet again at 12.45pm for our FP for Splash Mountain.

It's really quiet around here considering how busy Main Street was!

Walking through Frontierland we stop to listen to these guys who were singing country songs. They motioned for the kids to join them, so they did and I got a great photo too

Charlotte chooses another coin press, we have so many now. We've been collecting for 3 years.

If I leave them here I can't leave either, right?!

Haunted mansion has a short wait time so we ride. This is one of my must do's on every trip.

The interactive queue is great fun and passes the time easily.

Great ride as always

A walk through a busy Fantasyland takes us behind the castle. It's just as pretty this side as the other.

We stop for a drink in Sleepy Hollow where we meet another lovely cast member called Frank, what a character!

We walk towards Splash Mountain after our drink for our FP. A couple of hat photos are to be had on the way!

Not a hat photo but Ian always has his picture taken with this chap.

Splash Mountain was as good and as wet as ever! We made Jean and Roger go at the front Lol

They survived! Wet but happy

We take some time to wander around Adventureland before making our way to Main Street to get a cookie and a drink from the bakery aka Starbucks!

I wonder how many years this man has been playing outside Caseys Corner? He's very good

Ryan poses with his mate outside.

The new bakery is very spacious and well organised, just a shame there's no seating inside. Never mind though as we will head for the Tomorrowland terrace to eat our goodies there.

Mmmm I have a cool lime refresher and a sugar cookie. This is the best Starbucks I've had and the one back home won't be quite the same! I love the Mickey sprinkles on my cookie.

From the terrace you can clearly see the new construction work taking place for the hub expansion.

After our cookie we walk over to Liberty Square to find a spot for the Festival of Fantasy parade. It's 2.15pm and people are already claiming their spaces.

We stop outside the Christmas Shop opposite Sleepy Hollow. OMG it's hot!
Ian and I keep the spot while the rest of them stay in the shade, I thought I was going to melt Olaf style!

My trusty umbrella is a godsend right now!

Finally after what felt like hours the parade started. It's so nice to see something different.

The Frozen girls were just the other side of Princess Tiana. I couldn't get a decent photo.

The Tangled float is brilliant.

The Brave Float. Merida looked very similar to the movie.

The dragons coming!

The dragon is superb

And that was just plain brilliant!

Now for my personal highlight.
Pluto is my most favourite character so when I saw him I started jumping up and down like a mad woman pointing at my T-shirt, if you noticed before I have a Pluto T-shirt on today.

Well he sees me...points at me...

Points at himself...

Then does a dance! Whoop whoop!

The main Mouse!

After the hot parade we dive into the Hall of Presidents, just to cool down!
We then find some more hats, and go towards Thunder Mountain for our final pre booked FP.

The standby line is 75mins by now but we walk straight on

Now if you remember we were given some extra FP's for attending the DVC meeting?
Well the kids want to ride the Speedway which I hate queuing for, BUT with the extra FP I don't mind!

Ryan and I ride together, he does all the driving.

We had great fun and he is a very good driver, unlike Charlotte!

Before we leave we ride Buzz Lightyear with our last 'free' FP.

Check out our photos...
These two obviously know where the camera is.

These two don't, look at Rogers concentration face!

Ryan's all serious and I'm not sure what I'm doing, I'm giving the camera an evil look! Lol

It's time to leave, I hate this bit and often wonder why I bring myself here as it's so sad to say goodbye
We make one last stop for some souvenirs.

One last look...

Walking up to the monorail with a heavy heart.

It's just so lovely here...

A selfie on the tram, a forced smile I'm afraid!

And we're back at the car.

Just as I get into the car I look up and the sky looks so lovely I take a picture!

We go back to the apartment to change and go straight out for dinner as I have a lot of packing to do later
Olive Garden is our last night restaurant choice.

We all share a bruschetta to start.

And of course the yummy salad and breadsticks!

Ryan had a chicken Alfredo pizza.

Charlotte had a kids pasta and sauce.

All four adults have meatballs and spaghetti and there was no conferring, we all chose the same thing!

Well I couldn't not post just one more picture of the castle!

As I write this I'm nearly all packed just a few bits to go in tomorrow morning.
We plan to leave at 8.30am and go to check in at DTD before breakfast at the Cracker Barrell. Not too sure after that, perhaps some shopping? We will see how the time goes. Our flight leaves MCO at 1935 and arrives into Gatwick at 0845 Friday morning.

I will be posting my last day and travel home trip report on here when I get back home which will be on Friday at some point!
Thank you all for following me on my most wonderful holiday and for your replies and kind words.
Don't forget to check for my final day on Friday!

Thanks again for reading.

Anna x x :-)

Old 31 Jul 14, 05:43 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Blondie1979 - 31 Jul 14 5:43 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 14, 06:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Awwww an absolutely brilliant last day report , could feel the emotion in your words, but you've had such a brilliant time and thanks for sharing it all, it's given me some great ideas for our trip in October. . . . Think might involve silly hat photos of our own.
Have a safe trip back and I look forward to reading your final report. . . It will be strange not looking for them every morning to read with my coffee .
You have a lovely family and you look like you've had so much fun.
Thanks again x
Ps hope Ryan does brilliantly with his gcse results. . . Were waiting this end for our eldest daughter to get hers too. . They grow up so fast xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 14, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thanks so much for posting, i have really enjoyed reading and looking at your photo's of your lovely family.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 14, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Remote
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

What a fab way to spend your last day.

Safe travels friend x
DLP August 2012 Sequoia Lodge

Haines City - Easter 2019
Remote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 14, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
igoefamily
Imagineer

igoefamily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 11
Really enjoyed your report. Thanks for posting. Safe journey home
Quality Inn International-July 2001,Quality Inn Plaza - May 2004,Disney All Stars-June 2006,Bahama Bay -July 2007,Villa/HRH - June 2008, Villa - June 2009, Villa 2010, Tuscana Resort Sept 2011,2012 and 2013, SunriseLV(DIBB villa)/RPR Oct 2014,Tuscana Resort /RPR Oct 2015, Regal Oaks Jun 2016,
igoefamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 14, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post

As a new member, I have loved reading your reports and seeing the pics from your awesome trip... glad you had an amazing family holiday...just 60 days until we go on honeymoon to WDW... my other half Justine, it will be her first ever visit to the States, so we are very excited, especially after seeing the silly hat pics!
Thanks for sharing
Paul
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 14, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 101
I can't believe it's nearly over but I have to say it will be nice to have my bessie back...What a result with Pluto and the t-shirt, such a great memory have a lovely last day and a safe flight xxx

Twitter - @rpaisley79 / Instagram - rachelpaisley79

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Click here for my Disneyland Paris Trip Reports
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 14, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post

awwww, I felt quite sad reading the end of it showing your last pictures of the MK as I have been in that position many times before
Make the most of your last day, have a safe flight back and get straight into saving for the next visit
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 14, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
colmac71
Gone all Goofy

Thank you so much for posting your day by day account. I've only been once before (last year) and then because we tried to fit so much in I only saw 3 days of Disney.
Going back in 11 days time for 21 days and staying in Disney and I cannot wait.
It's been fantastic to read your adventures and thank you for posting some many great pictures
Have a great journey home!
colmac71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List