Old 3 Feb 15, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
princess lola
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 52
Laura and James Do WDW Christmas and Cruise ! Nov'14! Day3 - IOA

Day 3 iOA

Today was an early awake start ! My body took a long time to adjust to the time difference which is unusual for me ! This morning I was awake at 5.00am and finally gave in to my body clock at 7.00am.
We were up ready and at Starbucks for bagels and hot chocolate for breakfast! I must admit as breakfast wasn't included in our stay here having the little Starbucks downstairs was priceless and it was never busy which is a huge bonus.
We left to wait for a bus outside the hotel at 8.15 but the bus had broke down with no promise of when it would be running again or a replacement one coming to get us so after a lovely long chat with a London couple out to visit their son on a cruise we set off just to walk over to IOA. It was a hot start to the day today and I live lizard spotting while walking anywhere in Florida!
The park was fairly quiet and we decided to head right and start in Seuss Landing, I think we were drawn to it by the pretty christmas decorations here, we stopped to admire them.

We walked on cat in the hat here this is such a nostalgic ride for me I always reuse it with my parents, me met the main man who was hanging with no one by the entrance, and then hopped straight on the trolley ride.

I love the view from up here and this ride never gets old for me!
We walked from here over to Hogsmede and walked straight on FJ with our Fastpass from yesterday and despicable me.

From here we headed on to Jurassic park river ride, another walk on, and I was so excited for James to experience it as Jurassic park is my favourite non disney film and this ride is so well themed! We didn't get wet thank god as we hadn't bought any ponchos yet and more importantly I'd only just washed my hair :p.
By this time it was hitting 11.30am and we were starting to flag, James isn't amazing with heat and in the sun today was a scorcher so we headed back towards Hogsmede stopping on the way at Jurassic park discovery centre to have a few drinks and share some grapes outside under an umbrella watching the squirrels.
We looked in some shops along the way and in Hogsmede picked up some presents for friends and family in Honeydukes, I think this shop awakened our appetite and we headed straight to the three broomsticks for mini Cornish pasties and salad for lunch.

We backtracked from here through JP, through toon lagoon taking pictures and on through to Marvel island to Spider-Man.

James is a huge Marvel fan so was super excited to be here and took lots of pictures and enjoyed every ride and how it was themed. Spider man was a 20 minute wait and it was so much better than I remembered, and from here we headed into Dr dooms falls, again a walk on which is good less time for me to panic! I live rides and every type of them but these drop rides really give me the jitters, I screamed the park down!
Next was The Hulk James's favourite he had his eye on this all the way round the park and was bouncing with excitement, we lockered up and where on within minutes.
We both love this ride but the problem for me is it doesn't half bang your head around !
By this time it was 1.00pm and we had pretty much done everything we wanted in what seemed to be record time, so James went off to buy some churros and a drink while I was in the Christmas shop and we had a slow meander back to Walgreens next to our hotel eating our treats ! Half hour in Walgreens and I had spent a small fortune ! My bounty included disney ponchos, Oreos, peanut butter m and m's, a great sleeping beauty makeup bag and some disney ariel toppers!

We where back in the hotel at 2.30pm and as we where leaving for our cruise tomorrow we started to pack, not too hard for me as I hadn't unpacked too much !
James booked our transfers to the cruise terminal and I facetimed both of our parents.
So tonight we decided to brave the I ride trolley and head off to Pointe orlando for a wander around the shops, I bought a lovely checked shirt in hollister and from there we wandered over to Bahamas Breeze where we say outside listening to a reggae band playing on the terrace.
This place really impressed us we had cocktails each and a starter of onion rings to share ! Yum ! I then had the buttermilk chicken with mash and black beans, James had the co but shrimp and to finish we shared the Rum sponge pudding.

We were STUFFED! But very very happy, the food, the service and the atmosphere was fantastic and we waddled back to the ride trolley and back to bed by 9.30pm.
princess lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 15, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
simker
Very Serious Dibber

Love Bahama breeze!
11/2001 (Embassy vacation resort LBV) 6/2005 (southern dunes villa), 05/2007 (Sandy Ridge villa), 12/2008 (Bass Lakes villa), 12/ 2011 (Lake Wilson villa), 7/2014 (Regal Palms), 8/2016 (Sandy Ridge villa), 9/2018 (Lake Davenport Villa), 9/2019 (Sandy Ridge Villa)

simker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 15, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
princess lola
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

We did too simker, it was our first tkme we can't wait until we next go back !
princess lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 15, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

Mmmmmmmm... cocktail! Food and drinks look lovely. How fab to get everything done you wanted to by lunchtime with time left for a bit of shopping
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 15, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
dolphinlou
Imagineer

Bahama breeze is on our to do list
dolphinlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 15, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
princess lola
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by dolphinlou View Post
Bahama breeze is on our to do list
Make sure you do! It's a must, fantastic food and atmosphere and price! We loved it ! Xxx