Old 28 Feb 15, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
princess lola
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 52
Laura And James Do WDW Christmas And Cruise! Nov'14 - Day 10 Part One Epcot

Day 10 - Part One - Epcot

This morning was a tiny bit warmer, we left the hotel about 9, I braved a dress but still took my hoodie with me.
We headed over to future world and stopped opposite test track for an apple strudel pastry to share, James had a coffee and I had a tea, the cast members at this kiosk seemed very confused with the disney dining plan and is asking to pay OOP for the teas but have the pastry as a snack so we just ended up paying for it all!
Our FP+ for test track was running out at 10am so we headed in to that next, the last time I had ridden this I was about 13 and I lived the changes, we lived designing our car and we got chosen so that was fun, I felt like the whole ride was very "Tron"esque and James loved it too.

We planned to head over to mission space from here but it was down, so instead we headed over to mouse gear for a look and a slow wander over to soarin with our next FP+ at 10.30, now normally you can't get a FP+ for both of these rides together but upon planning our trip I noticed it was mentioned on the dibb there was a glitch in the MDE app and it was letting you book two first tier rides in one go! Bonus!
I loved soaring this time more than my previous visits, I love the music and was so pleased we got to sit in front row meaning we went right up to the top! I find it so exhilarating being all the way up there and looking down! James loved it too but we both agreed it long over due an update, the music still gets me though!
From here we walked around world showcase starting with Canada, we had a reservation for Le cellier towards the end of our trip so we had a look at the menu, and we had a look in the shops as James and his brother are big ice hockey fans and they were looking for a certain Jersey it's hard to get in the UK.
We headed to England and I bought a Cadbury Twirl, I know I know the price of these things are horrendous but having been in Isreal for a week and straight to florida for two weeks I was seriously lacking some good Cadburys!
We wandered from here over to Paris taking some pictures and then over to Japan.

We had a reservation at Teppan Edo for 1.00pm and were a little early so we looked round the shop checking out the pick a pearl stand as I was planning to do that later!

We headed up to Teppan Edo and taken right to the very end of the restaurant where we were sag with the GRUMPIEST Southern American family I have ever come across! We sat down and we introduced ourselves hoping to have a nice chat about how there day had been and instead were greeted with a stony glare!
They were a Mother, Dad, daughter and two sons we presumed since they were all practically identical and were clearly hoping to be sat alone. As soon as we sat down the mother jumped up and headed to the waiter with raised voices and large gestures they came back to the table and waiter explained that in this eatery you share the table and sit in groups ... Awkward ... The rest of the group sat in silence (literally the whole meal)
We chatted away between ourselves but it did make the meal a little awkward.
I had steak and chicken and James had prawns, we loved watching our chef cooking and me and James were the only ones to join in on his jokes, I'm sure we were rewarded by getting slightly more then everyone else!

The food was delicious and the service was fantastic every time our drinks were empty they were refilled quickly and with no fuss and as we ordered our dessert we got a suprise, Momo our jape see friend from the cruise (who had been on our table for our meals) was serving and spotted us so came over for a chat! It was lovely seeing her and we had a lovely chat before getting some pictures together and getting her Facebook address so we could stay in touch, she looked beautiful in her work clothes and as my dessert came out she told me she had made me a special origami engagement ring for me to keep ) so pleased. During all of this the American family sat stared and before our desserts arrived they upped and left!

We said our goodbyes and headed downstairs to pick a pearl. Having never done this before the system was quite confusing we didn't realise you had to pay first then wait your turn (nor did a lot of ppl around us) so we waited and waited crowding round the tank until a small girl with about ten slips of paper explained it lol! We felt silly being told by a 7 year old haha! So we went off to pay given number 10 they were only at number 4 we had about a twenty minute wait but it came round quickly, I choose two oysters, I would pick one and James the other. Now if read on here that in order to get a good pearl you had to choose a really crusty oyster so I had spotted mine, covered i barnacles and a very very dark colour, James choose quite a fresh looking oyster and mine was to be opened first.

We had a very excitable Japanese lady who shouted and danced about which was very fun, I joined in with the chanting and the clapping and what a whopper my petal was !
8,1/4 black and silver ! And then to find ... The biggest of the week ! Wahoooooooo
I was so pleased but as James's ouster was then opened to find a 7 pink pearl I quickly realised I wasn't to get the matching earrings I'd hoped lol.

Instead I had my black pearl mounted into a ring and my pink pearl mounted in a silver clam charm which I hope to get attached to my pandora bracelet soon.
I was so happy with both of these and even happy to find James had footed the bill and they were to be a part of my Christmas present ).
We headed off round the rest of the world next browsing in shops, I have never really spent any time in Germany so we had a look at the beautiful cuckoo clock and bears and then headed to Karamel Kuche for a legendary strawberry, I used a snack credit, never had one before and it was AMAZING!

We tried in some funny hats in Mexico and wandered round the indoor market, this part is possibly my favourite in world Showcase.
We walked back to Japan to pick up my pearls and then back to get some pictures of the Christmas decs.
It was about 3pm now and we headed back to the hotel to have a bath a nap and get changed for our very first MVMCP excited !
princess lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 15, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I so want to do Pick a Pearl but I'm so shy I think I'd feel silly doing all the counting etc and having everyone watching me. I really like the black pearl, it's so pretty.

Those strawberries are SO yummy.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 15, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

I'm reading these completely out of order!

A great morning spent in Epcot. I've still not had anything from karamel kuche...determined to change that this time round! In fact, I might use up all my credits as everyone raves about virtually everything they've had from there

I love your pearls. How fab to get 2, although a shame they were different colours. Beautiful though.
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List