Old 28 Feb 15, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
princess lola
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 52
Laura And James Do WDW Christmas And Cruise! Nov'14! Day 10-MVMCP Part Two

Day 10 - Part Two MVMCP

We left the hotel at 6.05pm after having a nice warm bath and a quick nap we had changed into jeans and jackets, it was a warm day when the sun was out but as night came in it got very cold !
We arrived at MK at about 6.25 and collected our bandage headed straight up main street enjoying the snow and to Tomorrowland to get our first dose of cookies and hot chocolate, we LOVED this and really stocked up throughout the night, the cookies were plain with cinnamon and the mini hot chocolates went down a treat with warming us up!

At this point in tomorrow land we noticed a lot of ppl trying to stay in the park without paying for the party, the family in front of us hadn't a wristband so were refused hot chocolate and cookies, and as we headed to the people mover our bands were checked at the bottom of the escalator and the family behind us were denied on the ride for again not having wristbands.
I saw a post on the Dibb while we were still out in Florida about how MVMCP wasn't worth the money and how you could easily stay in the park without paying, I'm not sure how this would work, every were we turned we had our bands checked and for most of the night we had a lot of the lands to ourselves and as far as not worth the money goes then I think it's all about what you want from the experience, we wanted to see the Christmas parade and the shows exclusive to MVMCP including Christmas wishes, and for this it was more than worth it, I know a lot of ppl complained about the size of the cookies and hot chocolate but they are unlimited and we saw it as simply a bonus! Anyway ... Each to their own.
We hopped on the people mover which is my favourite ride to relax on, I love being in here to people watch and while we were on it we caught the castle being transformed into ice by ELSA! What a great view!

After this we headed over to fantasyland my programme said Christmas characters were meeting from 7.00pm and as it was 7.15pm we thought we were in good time to catch Jack Skellington from the nightmare before Christmas but when we got there to our surprise he had a whopping 3 hour wait !
His line had only been open 15 minutes !
We bypassed this passing Donald and Scrooge McDuck on the way with a 2 hour wait ! And headed to the the little mermaid ride, now I am the biggest ariel fan and this ride was a walk on, I loved it I think the animatronics are incredible and I loved it when you go under the sea and Sebastian is singing it's fantastic! We got some photopass piks outside Ariel and Eric's castle and then headed to take some pics around the rest of fantasyland.

It was empty round here and this was were MVMCP was really worth it for us, we headed into Gastons pub and had a look round the fountain, we headed over to phillarmagic which was a walk on and we were the only ones in the cinema practically so we sat in the middle and then walked straight into the carousel.

We popped over to have a look at the meet and greet for the Seven Dwarfs which was a whopping 4 hour wait ! And then headed to the Pinocchio Haus for more cookies and hot chocolate which we carried round with us to sit on the pavement (very civilised for florida and watch celebrate the magic right in front of the Castle, this is the first time I've known Americans to sit down in front of the castle (as they always do it in Paris) and it was really nice.

We were perfectly on the curb so when it finished and the cast members starting shooing ppl away for the parade we were in prime position! James popped off for some hot dogs from caseys corner and we watched a great cast member dancing to Christmas tunes whilst we waited.

Now this parade was FANTASTIC ! The floats were amazing and I cried shamelessly throughout it! We loved how when certain floats went past you could smell them! Like Goofys sweet factory float smelt like peppermint and the gingerbread float smelt like gingerbread, it was great we both felt like kids again and really made it magical for us.

Now we'd heard after the parade was a good chance to ride the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train so as soon as we were able we ran over heading in the opposite direction from the parade through America and over to new fantasyland this way, by the time we reached 7DMT it was only showing a 25 minute wait which was brilliant considering every day we'd been in the park it was 90 minutes and upwards but in the end we only waited about 15 ! The interactive queue was great and we played with the spinning diamonds and the musical water fall for a while when we stopped there, and then onto the ride, I loved it however I think it's a bit short, again to my "how long you wait influences your experience" rant If I'd waited 90 minutes for this I would of been very disappointed but a 15 minute wait was worth it, I loved when you got into the mine and saw the dwarfs for the first time it was really special and at the end of the ride looking into snow whites cottage and catching a glimpse of the witch at the back door with her apples! It's a very clever ride and I'm glad on this trip we managed to ride it twice with minimal wait.
We headed back through America to grab our last cookies and hot chocolate, they were close to closing so we took extra cookies to take home with us for tomorrow's breakfast and then we headed to main street to watch holiday wishes.
It was a lovely show and I loved the Christmas music but it wasn't as magical as normal wishes for me. (Not as many selfie sticks tonight !)
We headed down main street enjoying the snow and getting our last pictures before calling it a night and popping in customer services to check our itinerary for our Keys to the Kingdom tour the next day.

Edited at 12:25 PM.
princess lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 15, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Tharky99
Earning More Ears

MVMCP looks great! Free cookies and hot chocolate- who could argue?
Tharky99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 15, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Gorgeous pictures of the Castle.

We rode the Mine Train during the Christmas party too and when I posted here about how short the wait was no-one believed me haha.

Can't wait to read about Keys to the Kingdom!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 15, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
pumpkin
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Ah just caught up with your trippie, it is brilliant, sounds like u had a fabulous time. I love the engagement ring, it's gorgeous. Thanks for posting, hope to read the rest soon 😉
Old 19 Apr 15, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
princess lola
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 52
Mobile

Originally Posted by pumpkin View Post
Ah just caught up with your trippie, it is brilliant, sounds like u had a fabulous time. I love the engagement ring, it's gorgeous. Thanks for posting, hope to read the rest soon 😉
Thank you so much pumpkin ! Just posted more days and the last one and two are to follow soon ! Xx
princess lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 15, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Love the pics of the castle as gingerbread and candy!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 15, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

What a brilliant evening. Love your photos again a don how cool,you got the smells of the floats too! Sounds magical. Unfortunately being stuck to school holidays we are very unlikely to enjoy this for ourselves for eons!
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List