Notices

Old 7 Mar 15, 02:56 AM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

184kg Allowance I'll give it a go :-) - March 2015 Day 1 Animal Kingdom & BOG

I made it to 5am! Result after such a lack of sleep this week. I checked in on the Dibb and loved reading everyone's comments whilst Jez snored (loudly grrrr) next to me ;-)

I took a few photos whilst the villa is still respectable and tidy... that probably won't last! We are in a 4 bed town house in Terra Verde, I really like it here!

Today it was Golden Corral (look how grey the sky is! ) and I know this is a marmite one with some dibbers! It's the one next to Crossroads that we only go to for opening which is 7.30am. Yes, it's plastic plates but the food is fresh and hot! They now also do a take-away service which is based on weight.
Price is $8.89 per person including drinks

First up I had fresh yeast rolls, cottage cheese, crispy bacon and potatoes all washed down with hot coffee and OJ! It was really good and much needed after our filling dinner last night ;-)

Jez just had a mess on his plate ;-)

There is an egg station in the middle for any kind of omelet or egg combo you fancy and then a bakery and pudding section - as I'm on holiday I picked up chocolate and marshmallow dipped in the chocolate fountain, Cinnabon and hot peaches... I would now need to roll to Animal kingdom!

We made it to Animal Kingdom with lots of time to spare - it was really quiet probably as it was lightly raining so I guess that put some people off!

We headed straight for the safari and it was a walk on - our guide was really good and we got to see lots of animals roaming around. I loved the lion who was just kinda snoozing

After this we headed over on a mission to see the baby gorillas that we missed in October. We saw both of them so tiny holding onto their mums legs. I have to say though it is the male ones I love the most - they are amazing and look so soft from a distance, I'm guessing I'll never find out!

After just watching them for a while we walked over to Everest, we hadn't bothered with any FP for today as we booked them for tonight in Magic Kingdom. It was not busy and we were on within 5-10 mins

All of the ride photos now can be linked to your magic band so that made it nice and easy, we also got some regular photos (and also asked them to take with our phones which they have no problem doing)

Next it was dinosaur and again a walk on - it's definitely not busy today which means we are wizzing round in record time!

Come on sunshine where are you!

We decided to give the shows a miss today - I think doing them every other trip makes it nicer imo

There is still a lot of construction going on but it is covered well throughout the park with pictures and Walt quotes!

I wanted to have a browse in the stores ;-) so Jez went on bugs life. They had some lovely animal print items - perfect combo! But I'm going to hold out before buying anything disney themed!

It was approaching lunchtime so decided to head 'home' for a couple of hours... but via DollarTree for some snacks! I picked up a couple of mini Milky Way / almond snicker bar packs, cheese crackers and onion rings! I also grabbed a soft sunglasses case / cleaner. I fancied another trash read and was surprised to see the fiction book by the Kardashian sisters! $24.99 to $1 times must be hard ;-) it's positioned as a novel but the read-up is about 3 sisters living in LA called Kamille, Kassidy and Kyle lol! If anyone wants it after me let me know in the comments and I'll post it when I get home! As much as I love my kindle reader nothing beats a 'real' book on holibobs!

After a couple of hours relaxing and to put on something a little bit warmer (it's low 60's today so a bit chilly! ) and to test drive my new memory foam sketchers! we wanted to pop to the outlet at lake buena vista - I was keen to check out Aeropostale (I claim this one to have the best bargains!)

I was very good and only picked up 3 things (did I mention tomorrow is dedicated to shopping - not the outlets as it's the weekend!) those that have read my previous reports know I like Bethany M range here and I got these 3 things:
Super super soft leggings - they are actually in a really dark navy. These were $16
Bethany M muscle T - this was reduced from $24.50 to $5.99
Bethany M Floral track bottoms - these were $17.80 from $44.50

Next stop was Magic Kingdom - by now it was getting really cold, temp had dropped to 59 degrees! The contrast in crowds was also big from Animal Kingdom with most of the big rides around 45-50 mins.

1st off was a quick snack - I got a Mickey pretzel with hot cheese sauce and mustard and a bottle of water ($8)

We headed over to people mover - it was a queue but moving none the less...

From here we couldn't not do Carousel of progress and if nothing else it kept us out the cold for 20 mins!

We had a FP for little mermaid and this was fun (skipping 7DMT at 50 mins wait!)

BOG was booked for 5.45 and I guess we were in and seated by 6pm.

It seemed to take forever waiting for the buzzer to sound (plus by now I was freezing! )

They brought over bread and we both had French onion soup to start - it was delicious 10/10! Next I had the Pork and Macaroni whilst Jez went for the steak. The meat was fabulous and the beans had a good peppery kick! Both of us were too full for pudding (at the time anyway lol!) the bill including tip was $105 - definitely not cheap as neither of us had an alcoholic drink - still considering its Disney we would both highly recommend if you can get a table!

On the way out we stopped for a quick photo with beast and thanked him for a lovely dinner!

We both agreed to cancel our final 2 FP (speedway and buzz) as the temp continued to drop we decided to call it a day! I know maybe a lot of you reading this will think we don't see a lot of the parks, but we like to just do a few hours each day and focus on the bits we love so the holiday feels relaxing - the thought of 12 hour days feels me with dread (maybe if it was shopping I'd give it a go mind you! )

Back in the car and on route home it would be rude not to have desert now wouldn't it - so a quick stop at Perkins and I jump out to order pie to go ($7 for 2 slices), I take Cherry and Jez has caramel apple... soooooo good!

And now I'm stopped for the day I check in on distance travelled - nearly 6 miles! (Helps justify the pie! ) Not bad for day 1... let's see what tomorrow will bring with the shopping lol!

Thanks for reading along - see you in the morning for some serious shopping! Debs xx

debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 15, 03:14 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by debidee - 7 Mar 15 2:14 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 15, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
BeachGirl
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Wow looks like you had a great first day! That's a lot of walking! I wouldn't mind that app - which one is it Debs?
BeachGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 15, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

A nice relaxing park day.

Hope it warms up a bit for you

Looking forward to tomorrow.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 15, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post

Gotta say Golden Corral doesn't float my boat, but some don't like Denny's which we LOVE

Really pleased you managed to see the baby Gorillas, I know you hoped to after seeing my pics in November.

7.30am here and that cherry pie looks totally yummy, bring us some back lol Some great photos and lets hope the weather warms up a bit for you soon.

BTW what do you use to measure your distance/steps? Been thinking of getting myself something like the Garmin band but there are so many different makes out there now all with their own bonuses and pitfalls...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 15, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Doowop
Very Serious Dibber

Shame about the weather, looking forwards to your shopping day
Doowop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 15, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Doc88
Very Serious Dibber

Great start to your hols debs. I really like your go walks thinking of getting myself a pair, they look really comfortable. Also liked your floral track suit bottoms I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for a pair of them lol
Doc88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 15, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Brilliant start up your holiday. You seem to fit loads in to you day but still make it feel so relaxed. That's my hope for our Nov/Dec holiday. I'm glad you enjoyed BOG I'm looking forward to eating there.

The gorillas are my favourite too but I'm thinking the babies won't be so small when we go!

As always hooked on your reports already.
Old 7 Mar 15, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Fab start to the holiday and I think you did loads. Two disney parks and you made it shopping that's impressive. As always some fantastic purchases and bargains there, we did visit there are the prices were amazing I just couldn't fit into anything haha!

BOG looked really good and those pies wow. It's 9am here and I'm about to have my healthy slimming world breakfast but caramel apple pie sounds far more appealing haha!

Hope you have a great day today and looking forward to reading all about it tmorrow xxx
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 15, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
princess1706
Excited about Disney

Some people srsrt their day reading the 'broadsheets' I start mine with your trippie!

Loving it! Thank you! Xxxx
princess1706 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List