Notices

Old 9 Apr 15, 04:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

Easter 2015 Day 12

Day 12? No, that means only 2 to go. Wasn't sure if we would be up in time today but we were so we headed to Busch Gardens. It opened at 10 and we arrived 10.30. It was busy and took a good half hour to get parked and inside. Passed the famous mickey on the way.

Headed straight for Shiekra to discover it wasn't yet open so we headed to Falcon's Fury which was a walk on. OMG this ride is fantastic. The first ride for many years that actually have me that nervous feeling. It is so much higher than it looks up there. I had trouble spotting DH who was doing photo duty as he does not like these type of rides. Loved it so much we went round and rode again.

Next up Phoenix. I skipped this one though as I find this ride hurts my shoulders, chest and just about everywhere! The girls enjoyed it though.

Decided to head back for Cheetah hunt as the crowds were building. Passed these beauties in the way doing tricks for treats. Cheetah huntnwasmshowing 80 mins! No thanks. We'll try later. Tried Montu next 60 mins! Omg never seen that at over 10 mins queue. All the quick queue tickets had sold out so we realised we were going to have to queue. It was incredibly hot and humid now. I checked last night and it was supposed to be about 86 but feel like 87 in Orlando and when I checked Tampa it said it would feel like 106! I thought it was a mistake but I can tell you it felt like it! Way too hot for these kind of queues.

Decided to grab some lunch at Zamora cafe. Burger,cheeseburger, chicken tenders and grilled chicken all with fries. $39. Not bad but the food was petty cold. We bought an unlimited refill cup earlier for about $11. Every single place we tried to refill tasted awful and on trying the water fountains we realised it was the water. Gross. Ended up buying some bottled drinks. It was just sooooo hot.

Dd15 didn't like her dinner much so wanted an ice cream. Of course we all had to have one,

We headed back to Sheikra which had no sign indicating the queue time so I asked the attendant. He said about an hour so we decided we would have to queue or not ride anything else today. The queue was so hot it was horrid. Took 75 mins. It is a very good ride but I wouldn't have done it had I known just how long and hot it would be.

Cheetah hunt. We did eventually ride this with a 50 min wait. The others then rode Montu which now had a 5 min queue time!

Montu

We rode the sky ride across the park which was nice and relaxing and had great park views. (Not as good as the view fro, Falcons fury though 😄

Park views. We visited quite a few animal areas throughout the park. This place is very big and we did a lot of walking back and forth between the big rides which are spread out. There is a lot here and especially lots for children including lots of little rides and some great play areas. Ther is a lot of shady areas all around. Much needed today.

We headed back to Falcon's fury to find it still had a short queue. Maybe it was bigger in between our visits or maybe too many people just won't ride this. You go right to the top then they tilt you facing the ground. Hold you there till you feel yourself slipping in your seat then they drop you face first towards the ground. I will never get DH on this. Girls went round and road again.

The drop

I really love this ride. Also loved cheetah hunt. Fast but smooth. No brain shaking. Sheikra too. They are my 3 favourite rides here.

The park was closing at 7 and it was now 6.30. DH took DD15 to queue for cheetah hunt and I took DD11 for her 5th ride on Falcons fury. We agreed to meet at the entrance after. They took a long time as cheetah broke down after they joined the queue. It got going again though and they meet us about 7.30. We walked to the car as the tram queues were huge. I would only go to Busch again at a busy time if I could book quick queue. The queues for the rides we like are just too long apart from Falcon's fury.

By the time we walked to the car and drove back it was getting late so we stopped at the Golden Corral on the 192 near where Watermania used to be. Not somewhere I would usually choose for dinner but it was 9.15 we all wanted different foods and desperately needed a shower!

I could have all the veg I wanted (needed) even sprouts! Although I think I was the only person in there eating veg. It was about $55 for all of us with a 10% off coupon in a leaflet I had in the car. Keep all those,discount books in the car folks.
Well we got home about 10.30. Very tire and desperate for showers. They are all asleep now and I will be soon too. A great day despite the queues. A relaxing pool day tomorrow as we really need to recover.

Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 15, 04:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Read on here yesterday that it was really busy in Busch Gardens, we loved Falcons Fury too.
Enjoy your last full day
Old 9 Apr 15, 04:53 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Floridasun - 9 Apr 15 4:53 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 15, 06:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Love Busch Gardens, must get back there next year. Phoenix is not one for me either, hate being upside down like that! Like the look of Falcons though, wasnt there last time we were there.

Drooling over the strawberry ice cream cones, yum yum
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 15, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Jewelsm
Proud to wear my Ears

Loving your reports. Makes me just want to be in Florida now... sadly still have a long wait.
Jewelsm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 15, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Love Busch Gardens, the rides are fab, however, I'm with your DH, no way I'll be on Falcon's Fury - I'm really not into those kind of rides - especially now I know they tilt you forward!
Old 9 Apr 15, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Love Busch gardens can't wait to get back there, looking forward to Falcons fury too sounds like you had a great day if not long and tiring, hope you enjoy your pool tomorrow
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 15, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds like a. Busy but good day

Joan
Old 9 Apr 15, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Den
Imagineer

You are so brave, I wouldn't go on half the rides you do. Shame about the queues, I think I would have sat eating the ice creams all day if I had been there
Disney Den is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List