Notices

Old 17 Apr 15, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Here Now! first WDW family holiday - Day 5 Shopping and Eastons arrive!

Woke at 7am and got up to find Kieran going to the loo. He and I have a wee routine in the morning now! He had breakfast. I attempted to upload the rest of my trip report from last night. For some reason the villa wi-fi has been getting slower and slower and last night after taking 40 mins to type it up, I spent 2 hrs trying to upload it to the Dibb. I find it easier to write the whole thing in word, then copy and paste the paragraphs in along with whatever photo but last night the reporter app just kept failing. Hopefully that doesn't happen too often or I won't be able to keep it up. Finally had it all on, tried to respond to as many questions and comments as possible.

Kevin and Hannah got up at about 8:30. The plan today was just to do some shopping in on of the outlets, stock up at Walmart, and be home in time for the Eastons arriving which should be around 5pm. Had a lazy start, breakfast, showers etc and headed out at around 11. While we getting organised we had a wee chat about the holiday so far and everyones favourite things. For Kieran it is Tower of Terror (the best ride in the whole world apparently) and his Jedi Training. Hannahs is the Rock n Roller coaster and finding out she will be getting to swim with dolphins on Discovery Cove Day. I think mine have been seeing Kierans face during Jedi Training and seeing Hannahs face as we drove under the big Magic Kingdom sign. Kevins highlights so far have been Typhoon Lagoon, seeing the kids faces walking up Main Street, and the experience of the 50s Prime Time Café.

Eating wise I have loved 50s Prime Time Café the most, then Bahama Breeze.

We headed up the I4 to the Premium Outlets off Vineland.

Hannahs first stop was the Vans shop. She picked up 2 pairs for a total of $69 and was one happy girl.

I spotted a Kipling shop – woo hoo! Only to find they do not stock Kipling Multiples. I thought at first I could not find them but I asked and was told they don't stock them in that store. Ah well. Im not really fussed on any other styles so that was that.

We then headed over to a shop called Charlotte Russe which had loads of teenagey type clothes. I thought we would never leave. Another $90 spent in there on fancy shorts and tops and she had spent what she had brought. I had had enough of teenage shops for today.

So we headed to the Levi store. I had bought Levis in Las Vegas 2 years ago that I just love, called classic slight curve and have only been able to find them for silly prices in the UK so I really wanted to try and find them again. After a bit of searching and a LOT of trying on I managed to find 2 pairs that were perfect. We had been in the shop for quite a long time and the kids were fed up by then. They appeared to be $49.99 each with a promo saying if you bought 2 pairs you would get them for $39 each. Then I got to the till. One pair scanned at $39 and the other at $19.99 so with tax it came to $74. He asked me to wait while he checked so I expected him to come back and make them $39 each. No – he came back and made them both $19.99. Result! 2 pairs for $42 inc tax.

I had had enough of trying on by then so bought the kids and I an ice cream ,and the 3 of us plopped down to have them while Kevin had a browse round Tommy H. He came out without buying anything and said h wanted to leave. He was then starting to panic about being home in time for the Eastons coming so wanted to leave to get to Walmart even though I kept saying we had loads of time. So back into the car and headed for the Walmart off the US 27 as it is closest to the villa. Was a bit quieter than it was on Saturday night so much more bearable. Stocked up on everything we needed for the Eastons coming and off we went back to the villa by 4.30.

5pm and ta-da! The Eastons arrived! Mayhem ensued. We took the easiest option and chucked all the kids into the pool.

Dianne and Andrew unpacked some bits and pieces and settled in. They move into their own villa round the corner on Saturday so are just with us for the first 2 nights. It is great that the kids get to bunk in for the first couple of days as they are all so excited.

Broke out the Costco Pizzas and chicken skewers for dinner and the odd beer for the adults.

2nd phase of the holiday starts now!

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 15, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
4andcounting
slightly serious Dibber

Have a great day, really enjoying your trippy!
4andcounting is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 15, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by scottishnellie - 17 Apr 15 12:54 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 15, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
pinktraceb
slightly serious Dibber

pinktraceb's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Great report so far thanks for sharing ☺
pinktraceb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 15, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Lots of shopping, Mrs M loves shopping Splendid day and glad to see your friends arrived safely
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 15, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Great day, I loved shopping at the premium outlet store and the Levi's what a result lol, your daughter got a fair few bargains too... That suitcase will need some serious lacking for the journey home lol.
Great to see your friends arrive looks like you are all gonna av a great time. . . Enjoy today and I look forward to reading about it in the morning x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 15, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Perfect timing back at the villa! Some great bargains today too

Looking forward to reading more
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 15, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
k l is excited
Imagineer

Great shopping day, your daughters taste is similar to our daughter Holly. I'm sure Holly and her two friends who are coming with us will have a gret time shopping. I know they wanted some Converse and Vans each so will definitely be looking in these shops. I love the Vans your daughter picked they are fab.

Glad to hear your friends arrived safely, enjoy you next day together.
Old 17 Apr 15, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Fab shopping day and what a bargain you found in Levi's, love the pic of you all together lovely memory for you to keep, thanks for taking the time to do this, really enjoying it
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 15, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

An excellent bit of shopping done by Hannah, loving all of her shorts and her Vans. Cracking deal for you on the Levi's. Looks like loads of fun when your friends arrived. As always thanks for sharing, especially with the wifi issues you are having.