Old 21 Apr 15, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
princess lola
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 52
Laura and James do WDW Christmas and Cruise ! Nov'14 ! Day 14 Magic Kingdom

Day 14 Magic Kingdom

We were up and left by 9am this morning we strolled over to a busy bus stop and the same as day 13 we felt the effects of thanks giving weekend, it was going to be busy.
The weather was so much better today so a welcome change could go back to my skirts and crop tops instead of our hoodies!
We arrived and made a dart for Mickeys meet and greet as it was showing 20 minutes but we ended up waiting an hour.
We got some great piks in here and I loved the talking mickey, James kept saying I was star struck as I was completely lost for words!

Next up was our FP+ for Anna and Elsa, now I did feel bad here! The wait time was already over two hours and seeing all the young princesses waiting in line very patiently I felt so bad at the age of 24 waltzing through the fp+ line that was about 15 mins!

On the exit we noticed the gift shop had also been frozen and spotted a great minnie how had been "elsafied"
I sent all these piks over to my two young cousins as they are frozen mad, and we headed over to Tortuga tavern for lunch.
It was 11.40am and we were starving already, we waited a while for lunch about half an hour I have in my notes, but so worth it getting the taco salad and an Icecream.
We had a FP+ for small world (much to James's dismay!) it's one of the classics for me and even though is a but annoying it's so nostalgic! The standby line was 90 mins at midday and even our FP+ return wait was about 20 mins!
We thought about Dumbo here but when we checked the app and found the wait time to be over 2 hours ! We decided to take a tangled toilet break and hang around new fantasyland until our 7DMT FP+ return.
I love this ride it's brilliant, if a little short, and I love looking through snow whites cottage as the ride ends.

We headed over to frontierland from here and sat outside the ice cream shop just before the bridge to the main hub with some waters for 45 minutes until the parade started.
It was a welcome rest and a great place in my opinion to view the floats, it was also reasonably quiet round here, but no shade, the heat was soaring and the sun was burning!
The parade was great and we got lots of waves with our engaged badges!
We had a slow walk down main street looking in the shops along the way and catching the phillarmagic band just before the exit which we stood and watched for a good 15minutes.
We were back to the hotel by 4, we still had a counter service credit to use so we shared a chicken tenders and fries with a coke, and we headed to the quiet pool by our block and had a swim.
I wish we got to use the pools around the hotel more but with the cold weather and the busy schedule we just didn't have the time!
We did a little more packing and got flamed up for our California Grill reservation at 9pm.

Now tonight we encountered the only problem we ever had with the buses. We waited about an hour (50 mins) for a MK one and when we arrived we were running late, we got all the way up to the monorail and realised they were turning people away because of a problem with the track so we hot footed it over to the contemporary on foot.
We arrived at 9.15pm I hate being late so apologised profoundly as we checked in, the server had noticed our badges so she scattered mickey confetti on our table before we arrived which was a lovely touch.
Our table was near the exit, close to the bar, although we weren't immediately near a window we still had a great view of the castle, and we would be going outside for wishes on the balcony after our food.

Now the only fault I had with this restaurant was the server, he was VERY snobby.
I ordered a glass of white wine and he pushed me for a bottle, I politely decline as I had my eyes on a few cocktails in the bar before we left. He was displeased so pushed James for his drink order, as I've mentioned before James doesn't drink (personal reasons) so ordered a bottle of sparkling water but the waiter pushed and pushed for him to have alcohol, when James explained he didn't drink the waiter had a good laugh at his expense and wouldn't let it drop all night, he kept asking if he was driving or if he was religious which made us feel slightly uncomfortable and I must say put a slight downer on our meal.
Never the less we had an unforgettable night, I think the whole experience (apart from the waiter we had) is unforgettable.
I had the pork two ways which was fantastic I could eat it again now and James had some sort of fish which he loved.

Just before wishes was due to start someone proposed in the corner which was so beautiful, it brought back memories of our cruise which already felt like a lifetime away.
We headed outside for wishes which was beautiful and then back inside for our desserts.

We both ordered the special sampler and the manager brought out a congratulations creme brûlée which was a beautiful surprise.

As CG was starting to empty we headed over to a seat by the window looking right over MK and had a cocktail whilst taking in the view, I had a cucumber fizz which was beautiful but very strong!
We walked back over to MK and got a bus about 12 back to the hotel, a beautiful last night, and I hoped ending a holiday this way would become a tradition :p.

Edited at 12:21 PM.
princess lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 15, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

What a shame the waiter at Cali Grill was such a fool; I don't drink either and it's something I'm worried about eating in Signatures as I know they like to push the bill up with drink.

Lovely pictures of the fireworks.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 15, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
princess lola
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 52
Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
What a shame the waiter at Cali Grill was such a fool; I don't drink either and it's something I'm worried about eating in Signatures as I know they like to push the bill up with drink.

Lovely pictures of the fireworks.
Very true ! It's such a shame, they don't push vegetarians to eat meat I don't think they should push for you to have anything you don't want ! Xxx
princess lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 15, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Shame about the server but sounds like a lovely meal.

Joan