Notices

Old 16 Aug 15, 02:27 AM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

Just A Cheeky Mini Trip - August 2015 Day 2 Universal, Supermarkets And Roccos Tacos

I woke up just after 6 but didn't actually get out of bed until about 7.30 - had a soak in the bath and then had the long task of photographing all my goodies from yesterday, finishing my trip report and uploading...in the end I had to create a wi-fi network from my work phone using data and use that as the hotel wi-fi is rubbish! Let's hope that didn't cost too much and tonight I have better luck!

It was already really muggy outside and there were storms predicted from just after lunchtime. I would say if you are flexible on dates March / April and October are by far the best times to come and not feel a frizzy mess for most of the day! But I'm not moaning as I'm in the best place in the world and had just 1 thing on my mind... food!
I was really looking forward to a big Perkins breakfast!
There is free breakfast at the hotel - we came down around 9.30 and there must have been a good 30-40 people queuing... no thanks!

Perkins is what I call a no frills restaurant - does the most amazing... no scrap that - it did the most amazing pot roast :-( not anymore! But they have lovely breakfasts and the most delicious pies!
I ordered the All American with juice and coffee and Jez had his usual of eggs benedict with juice and tea. All in was $27... they also have free wi-fi here!

By now it was nearly 10.30am which is unheard of for us - I blame the Dibb for making me late! We were already directed to the top floor! We would much rather get to the park for opening and avoid the queues and boy were there queues ahead of us...

It would only be right as I was wearing my Agnes T-Shirt for Jez to also be cuddling a unicorn! Come on everyone... it's so fluffy!

They were holding people at bag search as it was so busy - ugggghhhh it was madness people pushing and shoving - it was there own fault for getting up late!

Anyway after a while we were on our way and heading towards Universal! We knew now it was going to be super busy so thought we would just head towards the back of the park against the crowds!

A quick stop for the usual photo using my selfie stick - I guess only a matter of time until Universal follows Disney and also bans them from the parks!

As we arrived they had a minion dance party going on - it was fun to watch them and some of the dancers appeared to be liking it a little too much! We avoided the ride as it was already showing 100 minutes queue time!

Before long we bumped into Doc from Back to the Future, again selfie stick came in handy!

I keep saying it but Krusty land and the park in general was really busy - I guess the combination of weekend (I think the last before local children return to school) , UK holidays and the threat of another afternoon of rain!

Simpsons was showing a 20 minute wait and it was pretty much that before we were enjoying the ride. We both enjoy this ride and especially the smell-o-vision part!

Next up was a favourite and a quick drop of bag into locker (not sure why this is necessary for the ride!) and we opted for single rider. Queue time was 30 mins for regular and we were on within maybe 5 minutes. We were in the same car just one behind the other! We both got the red button bonus but Jez came out the winner today...

The weather certainly means you need to drink a lot! I fancied a cherry slush and then proceeded to drop it on the floor... now, if this was Disney it would have been noticed, replaced and cleaned away in a matter of minutes... here - well it just kinda melted and then we moved on!

We headed into HP land (not sure that's the official name! ) to see what the queue time was like...

You could hardly move with the amount of people so when it was 60 minutes I didn't fancy that so we decided to head on out and try again next week and arrive early!

There is no denying that the theming is awesome and with the music and all the kids (and some adults) with the interactive wands you could spent a lot of time here!

One last selfie and back into the main park!

We next tried Transformers - it was 60 minutes and single rider was closed as it had reached capacity... I think at this point we decided no more rides and to just wander about for a while!

We saw the horror make up show was about to start and it meant being in the cool so a good plan! It has been several years since we did this show and I'd forgotten how good it is, I'd recommend it if you fancy 30 mins out of the sun and you want to rest your feet!

After visiting the show houses yesterday we decided to pop back for a second view - this time we got to look in a couple more that were just finished. The community is lovely and the open plan style is exactly what we are looking for... we still didn't commit as it is a huge decision!

Next up I wanted to go to Walmart to mainly check out the beauty stuff - 1st up was my Milani wish list, I already knew the colours I wanted from my pre-trip investigations! The lipsticks are really nice and I love the packaging. They are $5 each which is great value

Next was the Drew Barrymore Flower range I told you about in my pre-trippie. I got a jumbo eyeshadow in a beautiful muted purple ($7.98), the lip / concealer brush ($6.98) and the foundation brush ($10.98). I would recommend the brushes - the quality matches that of the real techniques and I like the handles a lot!

I wanted another pack of jumbo lipbalms and got this pack of 3 for $9.99

Next I had been on the hunt for this wet moisturiser from Jergens. I had seen it now a few times on YouTube videos and everyone was raving about it. You put it on straight from the bath / shower to wet skin! It was $6.99 ( there are a few different smells but I liked this the best)

Now random I know but I also picked up my favourite deodorant - I've not seen this exact version at home but I love getting this deodorant on holiday and then taking back as it then reminds me of being in my happy place :-)

Next I wanted to go to Target to check out the dollar spot stationery. I love these ranges which come out several times a year - everything in the picture is $1. Something to brighten up my study!

Final purchase today is a Planner - I do already have the Erin Condren which I love to decorate with stickers and washi but I was looking for something more that I could dedicate to work. This is the day planner by bluesky and is perfect with the outline and I also love each day has a schedule, to do list, notes and quote of the day. There is also a monthly overview and at the back noted section etc. This was $19.99

By now it was pouring and with really loud thunder and lightening! We came back and chilled for a bit before dinner

I'd booked in at Roccos Tacos at Dr Philips, we came here a year or so ago and really enjoyed it! It has valet parking which is fab and as we arrived at 7pm it was also very busy - it was Saturday night after all!

I started with a strawberry margarita - it was a frozen one and very yummy!

We shared some loaded nachos and corn both of which were delicious

Here is my dinner which is a sampler of some of the main dishes - it was good!

Jez had a spicy chimichanga and said it was very good as well

We were both completely stuffed do no room today for pudding! It was just under $70
I popped into Publix on the way home to pick up pie for breakfast (we are on holiday so of course it's allowed! )
Tomorrow we are staying away from the park as it's just not enjoyable in this heat with so many people! Plus looking at the weather it's not great for a bit now! We are going to go to the cinema in the morning, then look at some more new villas... then hit Mall of Millenia later in the day and go to Cheesecake Factory!
Thanks to everyone for your comments each day it's fab to wake up to! Debs xxx

debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 15, 02:38 AM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

Did you manage to keep out of the rain and storm today?

It's unlike you to be late for a park start

... and yes, I joined in with "it's soooo fluffy!" It's also on our must purchase list (no matter what the cost )

Universal is on our plan for next week and it will be interesting to see how the crowds have changed from our last visit.

Just seen the next bit of your days rep.

Lovely colours for the lippy. Can't believe I've missed your whole pretrippie! Need to go search and catch up.

Shame about the crowds today. We were the same as we had to checkout of ssr and move to the villa. MK was park of choice purely because it was the only day I could get Anna and elsa fastpasses for us. Once we had done our fps we left. MK was mobbed!

Edited at 03:22 AM.
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 15, 02:43 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by debidee - 16 Aug 15 2:43 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 15, 03:05 AM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Originally Posted by KittyBlackDog View Post
Did you manage to keep out of the rain and storm today?

It's unlike you to be late for a park start

... and yes, I joined in with "it's soooo fluffy!" It's also on our must purchase list (no matter what the cost )

Universal is on our plan for next week and it will be it erecting to see how the crowds have changed from our last visit.

Just seen the next bit of your days rep.

Lovely colours for the lippy. Can't believe I've missed your whole pretrippie! Need to go search and catch up.

Shame about the crowds today. We were the same as we had to checkout of ssr and move to the villa. MK was park of choice purely because it was the only day I could get Anna and elsa fastpasses for us. Once we had done our fps we left. MK was mobbed!
We did manage to dodge the rain but hasn't it been brutal! I'm used to the 30 mins showers but the last 2 days it's been hours... feel sorry for people who are here for a once in a lifetime!
How much longer do you have left - where is your trip report ;-)
Hope you are having a wonderful time Debs xxx
debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 15, 03:26 AM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

I did think about doing a trippie but when I suddenly realised we had been here for 4 days, I hadn't made any notes and couldn't even remember what we did the day before it made my decision for me lol!

We've actually had some brilliant weather apart from afternoons from Thursday. So far we've been fairly lucky and dodged most of it. Thursday's seemed to be very localised.
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 15, 04:25 AM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Fab day, I'm enjoying a sneak peak on Instagram!

Enjoy your cinema day tomorrow 😄
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 15, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Graciesmummy
Getting Excited

Loving your review! Thanks so much! The detail you go into is fantastic, especially the photos, I'm getting so many tips for our upcoming trip, I will certainly be looking out for the drew Barrymore make up.
2001 Orlando and St Petes. 2002 Orlando. 2004 LA and Vegas. 2005 Vegas wedding and NYC honeymoon. 2007 Washington and RCI cruise. 2008 Vegas. 2009 Disney Anaheim. 2011 Miami and carnival cuise and Vegas. 2013 Miami and Carnival Cruise. 2015 Orlando and Cruise.
Graciesmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 15, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Wonder
Imagineer

Mobile

Another great couple of reports posted- love your shopping and the anti bacs from BBW are so cute in their new packaging!
May have to check out getting myself a planner when I'm over in October now too!
Old 16 Aug 15, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Hi debs
A great day today but sounds so manic everywhere, I wouldn't have liked it even though I'd love being there if that makes sense lol.
Glad we go at quieter times , Lilly would totally meltdown in crowds like that but can cope when it's quieter, heard good things about the time if year we've picked for next year.
So gonna be trying Perkins I think with location next year we are gonna be nearer a lot of great places to eat, we only ventured to McDonald's last year and premium outlets food court everything else we ate on Disney property... With the sounds of it the food world is our oyster next year lol( will be after your dining tips near where we are staying next year ).
Love all the bits and prices you bought today.
Have a great day today and look forward to reading more tomorrow. Hope the weather isn't as bad as the screenshot shows.
Sam xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 15, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Lola34
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

The August heat and the park queues are brutal aren't they and 366 days we will do it again 😏 but hoping the U.S. Schools will have gone back, we ended up having to go first thing to get on transformers the other year, loving the shopping ( and all the yummy food)
07 - Calabay Parc 08 - Calabay Parc 09 - Bridgewater @ Town Centre Crossing 09 - Westridge 11- Marbella North 12- Westridge 13- Westridge 14- Westridge 15- Calabay@Tower Lake 16- Calabay @Tower Lake 17- Calaby@Tower Lake 18- Champions Resort
Lola34 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List