Notices

Old 17 Aug 15, 01:51 AM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

Just A Cheeky Mini Trip - August 2015 Day 3 Lazy Sunday, MoM And Cheesecake Factory

Today I was awake at about 7am and when I opened the curtains it looked a lot nicer than when I closed them last night!
I have to say this hotel albeit a bit basic is in a great location - the Orlando eye looks magnificent from here!

So as a regular holiday tradition today we would be eating pie for breakfast lol! I had popped into Publix last night and picked up these beauties for less than $5 each!

I do love cherries but seems in the UK it is not so popular so naturally it was cherry for me! I'm not sure the picture pays it justice but look at the size of the 'small pie' next to my hand!
So now is where the fun starts I did not pick up a fork / spoon so eating pie was rather difficult and messy! (No pictures at this stage! )
After a clean-up operation and left over pie put in the fridge we were off to the cinema!

I had not been to festival bay before... I don't think it is really my kind of shopping so have always avoided it...let's see if that was a good decision or not?!?! We arrived at about 9.30 so nothing was open yet

We walked around in the sunshine to the main cinema entrance

I noticed that they have glow in the dark mini golf here - maybe something for a wet afternoon with kids?!?

But even better a dedicated Disney screen - that's pretty cool!

We were watching Train Wreck...as we had 'early bird' tickets they were only $6.25 per adult - bargain!

As you can see we needed to rush to get a good seat!
The film was pretty good romcom but I had forgotten to take a cover up and i was bl00dy freezing by the time we had finished!
We were the only 2 watching the film - apart from one guy who came in 1/2 way through then left after about 10 mins!

We walked back through the indoor shopping centre - it reminds me of a giant warehouse! Tbh it isn't my kind of thing - lots of individual traders but here is a picture to see if you might like it!

This was pretty cool though - an indoor go ape for kids... again maybe something for a rainy afternoon!

After the cinema it was time to head across the road...
So as much as I love a high end bargain I also love a real bargain! So everything in this photo was $1 from Dollar Tree
My niece has just turned 12 and loves nothing more than putting on make-up... my make-up! I love her but using my make-up not so much... crushed lipsticks - they kinda make me cry and 'it wasn't me' makes me mad!
The solution - a complete make-up kit for less than the cost of 1 Mac lipstick... don't you love a win-win situation! In fairness I had watched some dollar tree hauls and the makeup reviews were pretty good - brands are Elf, LA colours, wet n wild and colormates.

The whole haul was $15 including a bag, 2 brushes, foundation, bronzer, concealer, eye liner, 2 eye pallets, 2 blushes and 3 lipsticks!
It's a great introduction to make-up and at this price you just can't beat it!

Oh and these appear to also have been purchased! Dollar tree is fab for sweets and chocolate to take home and also I would recommend for kids wanting to buy little bits and bobs if you want to work on a budget - they have a great Disney selection of colouring books, stickers, reading books and small toys which would save you a fortune on Park versions!

Lunch was now needed and given we were planning Cheesecake Factory for dinner it felt like a good choice... what with pie for breakfast! So it could only be Sweet Tomatoes

I rave about it in every trip but for less than $10 a person (and often cheaper if you sign up for coupons) it's brilliant!
A huge salad bar (you can make unlimited trips), fresh bakery with cakes and bread, pasta, soups and potato bar! I also highly recommend the strawberry lemonade!

You should also save a little room for pudding :-)

The next few hours were spent looking at villas - we decided this time to head for champions gate and were shown about 4 show homes. They are beautiful looking over the golf course, but compared to yesterday so much more expensive with the monthly owner fees... (They started at around $300k but monthly fees were about $600 which is really high I think!)

You know what happens next by this time - yep, the rain hit hard! So we decided to head straight for Mall of Millenia

It was our tradition of course to hit Cheesecake Factory - first up the yummy bread!

I went for my usual - Skinny Turkey and Avocado - less than 600 calories (every little helps after pie for breakfast!

Jez had a club sandwich and followed this with Dutch Apple cheesecake. Food as always was delicious - but beware portion sizes are huge so go hungry!

Every cheesecake topping you can imagine!

After dinner just time to hit a couple of shops, the mall shut at 7 so it was really only a flying visit. 1st up was Lush and I picked 3 bath treats for my last 3 days (all under $5) a mango butter bar, a sugar soap scrub and a sheer butter bath bomb - they smell so good!

I had forgotten my Sephora card so didn't want to buy anything today - with the points I already have plus any other purchases would mean I get some goodies - so I will wait until we go to Florida Mall.
Recommend you join - points never expire and you get nice free goodies with purchases!

Final stop was Mac to get the other bits I couldn't get at the airport. My best buy is the pigment in Vanilla - you only need a tiny bit and it's fab for the corner of your eye to brighten and under your brow as well, you can also use as a cheek and nose highlighter! It was $22 and I really recommend this one!
I also picked up a lipstick in Lady Danger ($17) and the lip liner in high energy ($20) - strange it's more than the lipstick! I also got a travel cleansing oil at $10

Jez also made his 2nd purchase of the holiday! - he got a bottle of fierce from Abercrombie it was $78 for 100ml... now this is the best clean man smell there is!

On the way home we did a quick stop at Wallgreens - I picked up my 2 missing Milani lipsticks ($5 each) and some more cleansing wipes... love this range and a lot cheaper than boots at home

So we are now back in the hotel and have had to invest in wi-fi from brighthouse - the free hotel one is so rubbish and it's an investment to ensure I can upload my report on time!
Tomorrow we are going to Islands of Adventure and the back to the outlets at I.Drive - I want a proper mooch around so Jez might go to the cinema and leave me too it! Thanks for reading Debs xxx

PS here is our little candle making the room smell yummy! Xx

debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 15, 02:49 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by debidee - 17 Aug 15 2:49 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 15, 06:06 AM  
Link to this Post

Another good day out with plenty of shopping and eating. Not sure I could eat cherry pie for breakfast though. Love it when the cinemas are empty but damn they do get cold
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 15, 06:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Graciesmummy
Getting Excited

Another great day, I'll be adding the MAC pigment to my ever growing list
2001 Orlando and St Petes. 2002 Orlando. 2004 LA and Vegas. 2005 Vegas wedding and NYC honeymoon. 2007 Washington and RCI cruise. 2008 Vegas. 2009 Disney Anaheim. 2011 Miami and carnival cuise and Vegas. 2013 Miami and Carnival Cruise. 2015 Orlando and Cruise.
Graciesmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 15, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Wonder
Imagineer

Mobile

Another great day, sounds super relaxed xx
Old 17 Aug 15, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Spoilsport not showing us the after pictures from eating your pies lol , Megan going to see train wreck this week she loves that sort of film but then again so do I lol. Some great buys again especially the makeup kit for your niece ... She's gonna be a happy girl.
Have a great day today and I look forward to catching up tomorrow
Sam xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 15, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Lovely day again and I know what you mean about Festival Bay... can't wait for tomorrow xx
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 15, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
disneylover
Imagineer

Great day debi. We have a master plan for Christmas the boys are going to festival bay to see Star Wars and can drop kate and I off at premium outlets. We won't have the nightmare of parking with the Christmas shopping crowds. Don't you just love dollar tree? I was only looking on their website last night, far superior to our pound land! I don't know how you stay so lovely and slim after all that food! Speak later lovely x
Old 17 Aug 15, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post

Lovely day x
When you go to look around villas, do you find the villa estate agents pushy? X
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 15, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
twinkleshmoo
Very Serious Dibber

A lovely chilled day. That is such a good idea to buy your niece a whole set - what a bargain! We arrived yesterday afternoon - hoping for better weather today! Have a great day today xx