Notices

Old 22 Aug 15, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
feelingnuts
slightly serious Dibber

The Return August 2015 Pre Travel Day

So today started early with a hangover not the best thing to do when you are trying to be organised. We had a night out for a friends birthday yesterday and I had promised myself I wouldn't overdo it. Oh well! I woke about 6.15 and then my mind started so by 6.30 I was out of bed sorting washing and putting the holiday feeder in the fish tank. Get back in bed chilling and at 7.30 house phone starts ringing it's my 84 year old nan telling us to have a nice holiday bless her.

After lots of faffing we were on the road for 11.30 heading to Manchester and the heald green premier inn.

As we start driving off we hear a bang look at each other what's that?! Then remember I'd put my phone on the roof of the car epic fail moment. Jump out run up the road rescue my phone which amazingly isn't broken just a small dent on the corner phew. About half an hour away from home we realise that our travelling clothes for tomorrow are still at home another doh moment and then we both sit stressing about what else we haven't done. I'm convinced our third thing was the horrible traffic we got stuck in adding about an hour on our journey. Hungry we stopped and grabbed a greggs at the services my favourite tuna crunch. Finally arriving at heald green at 2.15pm room was ready and standard premier inn clean, comfy beds what more could you want.

We chilled and watched some TV before heading out for our dinner reservation at the airport pub. We popped to next first and both brought a new tshirt to travel in tomorrow rather than take something out of the suitcases.

The airport pub is lovely we sat in the sunshine in the beer garden watching the planes take off and land and Riley played before eating. We did have to queue to get a parking space but it wasn't long and worth the wait.

The food was lovely we all really enjoyed it Quinn had the BBQ meat crate and I had the fish crate at £12.50 each, Riley had the wraps which includes a drink for £4.50 then only Quinn could manage a desert the pancakes at £4.50 which Riley quickly grabbed a spoon and tucked in too. As we were both still hungover we stuck to a pint of lemonade each.

We retreated back to the premier inn just in time to watch Indianna Jones on tv odd as we only said the other day Riley hasn't watched it. It has been lovely just to relax and chill before an early night ready for travel day.

Edited at 08:21 PM.
feelingnuts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 15, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by feelingnuts - 22 Aug 15 8:18 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 15, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I really shouldn't read trip reports when I'm hungry! Hope you have a good travel day.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 15, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Enjoyed reading this and reminded me that we forgot our travel clothes for next day too last October 😩... Or should I say OH did ... He definitely got the blame for that mistake! The airport pub I think we will definitely check out next trip I keep seeing pics of these meal crates and they look fab! have a brilliant flight tomorrow and a wonderful holiday 😀
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 15, 03:13 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A bit of a mixed start glad your phone was ok

Joan
Old 23 Aug 15, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
feelingnuts
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Enjoyed reading this and reminded me that we forgot our travel clothes for next day too last October 😩... Or should I say OH did ... He definitely got the blame for that mistake! The airport pub I think we will definitely check out next trip I keep seeing pics of these meal crates and they look fab! have a brilliant flight tomorrow and a wonderful holiday 😀
My OH is getting the blame for our clothes too I asked him to get them which he did but instead of putting them straight in the car he hung them on a cupboard door downstairs, however I must have looked straight at then when checking the house one last time. Oh well thankfully next had a few nice tops to choose from.
feelingnuts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 15, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Dogwalker
VIP Dibber

I've done the exact same thing with my phone before
Hope your travel day goes well
Dogwalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List