Notices

Old 24 Aug 15, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
feelingnuts
slightly serious Dibber

The Return August 2015 Travel Day

Today started early at 6.30 we all slept well last night I love a premier inn bed. I did wake at 2am think it was about 7 but that's my own fault for being asleep at 9pm. So we started the day with the premier inn breakfast, cooked to order it was nice and filled a gap.

We arrived at the airport at 9.30 and I had booked meet and greet parking great service, called them as we left the hotel and they arrived just after we had unloaded the car at departures. We were quickly checked in and was keeping the pushchair until the gate so got to use the fast track lane for security so by 10.15am we were sat at the soft play area relaxing. Well I was Quinn was moaning that we had arrived way too early. Riley quickly made a friend which kept him amused.

We boarded the plane just after 12.45 being upstairs we were one of the first on and had a bit of a wait until we took off just after 1.45. It was quite turbulent taking off and I was thinking about a guy on the plane who we had been talking to earlier it was his first time flying! The economy section upstairs was almost full but premium only had 4 people in it. We were impressed with the bubble and dibbers row, Roo loved the storage box for all his bits. Quinn was not impressed to hear we aren't upstairs on the way home. Service was quick drinks followed by dinner sorry no pictures of the food. I had the butter curry which was fab but I managed to splash my new white top and quinn had the pulled pork which he wasn't impressed with. Riley's kids meal was chicken tenders with potatoes and peas he wasn't impressed it was a bit dry but he got lots of snacks with his including fruit winder, Jacobs oddities and cheese and biscuits that kept him going. Pudding was a GU cheesecake again the boys didn't like it but I did.

I tend to just read and relax on the flight however I did manage to watch 50shades after I'd had a little snooze. Quinn was watching the avengers which I like to annoy him by poking him every now and then to make him pause it so I can tell him something useless. Riley watched paddington and did a bit of drawing before having a sleep which was perfect considering when we land he would normally be in bed so a nap would really help him. We then had to play games I felt a bit sorry for the people in front as Roo is a bit loud when we play snap.

The crew upstairs on the flight were lovely we stood chatting with them for a while they were off to universal for the day tomorrow as they get free entry. The flight did seem to drag a bit for me but we made good time and landed at 5.30. Being in the bubble we were one of the first off the plane to a fairly empty immigration hall. We waited a while for our bags and managed without doing the second bag drop.

Alamo there were only 5 int suv's to choose from Quinn wasn't impressed and we ended up with a Captiva the same as last year except this one has all the extras a satnav leather etc. We had a stress free drive to the Avanti and by 7.30 we were in our room unpacking.

The room is nice bigger than our room at the Rosen last year and I prefer the wooden floors to carpets I got the block I requested so I was pleased with that.

First stop millers ale house a bucket of bud light was required and we went for the loaded fries as a snack. By this point Roo was flagging and was asleep in his pushchair by 9pm we managed one more drink each I needed to try the strawberry mojito it was sweet but lovely then it was back to the Avanti for some rest.

feelingnuts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 15, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by feelingnuts - 24 Aug 15 10:35 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 15, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneygirlxx
Excited about Disney

Love travel day trip reports
Have a great holiday 😀
Disneygirlxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 15, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Great travel day, have a lovely holiday
Old 24 Aug 15, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Dan's Mum
VIP Dibber

Have a wonderful holiday - travel day seemed fairly relaxed

Dee
xx
Dan's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 15, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Great travel day trippie have a wonderful holiday
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 15, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great travel day

Joan
Old 31 Aug 15, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
pandanne
Imagineer

Great travel day - have a fabulous time.
Old 31 Aug 15, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Dogwalker
VIP Dibber

Your little boy looks so comfy snoozing on the flight
Dogwalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 15, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink 45
VIP Dibber

Great travel day! How old is your little boy? He looks really comfy on the flight! X
Tink 45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List