Notices

Old 19 Dec 15, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

It's A Magic Cruising Christmas 2015 - Pre Trippie

Hi everyone, I'm back for another live report - this time it's going to be slightly different for a number of reasons...

1) we are not doing any Disney or Universal Parks

2) I don't think I will be able to shop every day (I'll still give it a go!)

3) The 3 part day won't exist on this trip!

So this trip we are going to be Cruising over the Christmas holidays on the Disney Magic! Of course it wouldn't be complete without a couple of days afterwards with the sole purple of shopping!

So before I go much further let's start with the introductions for those that don't yet know me!

I am Debi hanging on to the last months of being in my 30's and chief planner, lover of Disney but more so a lover of shopping and finding a bargain or 2 or 3 or more... if you have read my previous reports (shameless plug - go take a look under my signature) you will see most days revolve around some kind of supermarket, outlet or shop! I will be reporting live each day on life onboard the Magic and I'm sure it's going to involve a lot of food photos!

And here is my partner in Crime Jez - more so a lover of Universal but I think also a secret Disney lover! He has also been known to turn his hand to a guest Dibb report if I'm working (booo) so I'm sure if you give him enough encouragement you might get another report this trip!

This year has been pretty full on and we both could do with a break, I've pretty much been travelling each month at least 1 long haul (nowhere near as glamorous as it sounds other than the airmiles / hotel perks and who am I trying to kid also the mini shopping!)

This year so far I've managed to collect 10 Starbucks we are here mugs so that gives you an indication of where I have been!

We booked this last year and it's our second cruise - we did a 3 night on the Wonder about 10 years ago and really enjoyed it! We decided we just wanted to get away over the holidays and get some sunshine!

We are actually doing 2 b2b cruises so we get a full 7 nights here is the ittinery so you can see our plans:

Saturday 26th Dec - Boxing Day - travel to Miami staying at Hilton Miami Airport

Sunday 27th Dec - boarding we are in the 1st slot at 11am

Monday 28th Dec - Nassu - We have booked the Ardastra gardens and city tour and I also have a fire and ice pedicure booked in the morning

Tuesday 29th Dec - Castaway Cay - We have bicycles and Float rental here

Wednesday 30th Dec - Key West - We have Presidents, Pirates and Pioneers tour booked here

Thursday 31st Dec - Port of Miami - we have the same room for our second cruise so a quick hop off and back on again before NYE onboard!

Friday 1st Jan - At sea, as this is the 2nd pirate evening we have booked instead to dine at Palo, before this I have the absolute spa ritual booked!

Saturday 2nd Jan - back to Castaway Cay, nothing booked so far might just chill on the beach for the day!

Sunday 3rd Jan - back to Miami and leave the boat

Monday 4th / Tuesday 5th - we are booked at DoubleTree by Hilton at Biscayne Bay and here we shop!

I can't believe next week is Christmas and therefore holiday time!

Now those that know me know I like a shopping list and this trip is no different - I'm recently into Pinterest where you can see my ever growing wish list - ddowling1976 I have a general Orlando wish list (I know it's not actually Orlando but it's always in progress!)

I have already done a Michael Kors order which will arrive by the time we arrive back in Miami - here is a sneak peak... well they had a sale on what can I say ;-)

I'll be doing a big Sephora shop for some beauty bits and bobs

Then I'm going to be checking out Kate Spade for a new watch and coin purse

And it's not complete without a candle order!

Then obviously Victoria Secret for underwear and I'm also thinking some nice lounge wear - now I work at home a lot my wardrobe has changed lol!

Let's not forget Target for dollar spot (or should I say bulls eye playground!) for stationery and other office bits

In terms of packing, I'm looking forward to getting a bit more dressed up in the evenings - although I won't be going crazy given I need to save space for purchases... maybe not with our luggage allowance. And I can't wait to wear these beauties!

We will be flying with British Airways, it's who I use at work so points mean prizes and lounge access! We go out Premium Economy and back business class so we can sleep! I don't see the point of going business class on the way out as we won't be sleeping so we would rather save the money for other things... like shopping ;-)

I've ordered door decorations from a Dibb advertiser - can't wait to put these up!

So I think that's about it - short and sweet but I'll be back again next week to kick off the real thing! Hope to have you all along on-board for the adventure...Happy Christmas everyone! Debs xxx

Ps - I'm also on Instagram if you want to follow along and I'll be posting regularly 'Debi1976' let me know who you are so I can follow back :-)

debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 15, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by debidee - 19 Dec 15 7:22 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 15, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
SEAWORLD FAN
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Christmas next week and a live report, the excitement might be too much! We're heading over in march so I'm using your report as my shopping planner. I've been checking out kate spade a bit since coming across her stuff in your previous reports so lots of pics would be appreciated debi. Have a great time and safe travels.
SEAWORLD FAN is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 15, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Oh I’m looking forward to another live report of yours Debs, but this time with a difference!

What an amazing way to spend the festive season - sun, sea and shopping. Hope you both have a fantastic time.

Off to check out your Pinterest wish list now.

Diane & Lucy x
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 15, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi Debs,

Great to see another report in the making, looking forward to following the show
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 15, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm so looking forward to reading your trip report especially the shopping info! I've had a quick peek on Pinterest at your Orlando wish list and I'm now following you.

Hope you have a lovely time, can't wait to read the details
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 15, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

Not... jealous... at... all...
Old 20 Dec 15, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Sounds like a great trip! I'm so jealous, I would love to do this some year! I will be reading along.
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 15, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by SEAWORLD FAN View Post
Christmas next week and a live report, the excitement might be too much! We're heading over in march so I'm using your report as my shopping planner. I've been checking out kate spade a bit since coming across her stuff in your previous reports so lots of pics would be appreciated debi. Have a great time and safe travels.
You know me there will be lots of pictures - I've got 2 weeks of shopping to do in 2 days! Kate Spade if definitely on the agenda! Happy Christmas!

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Oh I’m looking forward to another live report of yours Debs, but this time with a difference!

What an amazing way to spend the festive season - sun, sea and shopping. Hope you both have a fantastic time.

Off to check out your Pinterest wish list now.

Diane & Lucy x
Hey Diane and Lucy, always lovely to have you along and how different this time will be! Ask Lucy if she wants any target stationery - I've started seeing pictures of the new line and it's beautiful - all hearts and the famous balloon girl is back! Lots of love xxx

Originally Posted by MickeyM View Post
Hi Debs,

Great to see another report in the making, looking forward to following the show
Hehehe yep back again and happy to have you alone for the ride! Happy Christmas! xx

Originally Posted by eleele View Post
I'm so looking forward to reading your trip report especially the shopping info! I've had a quick peek on Pinterest at your Orlando wish list and I'm now following you.

Hope you have a lovely time, can't wait to read the details
Thanks! I followed you back - I love Pinterest! Lots of shopping is promised just in a much shorter timeframe! Debs xxx

Originally Posted by mrmoo123 View Post
Not... jealous... at... all...
hehehehe I'll try not to gloat too much!

Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
Sounds like a great trip! I'm so jealous, I would love to do this some year! I will be reading along.
Fantastic - happy to have you along! First time for us being away at New Year so looking forward to some sunshine! Xx
debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 15, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Yayyyyy thought I'd have a nosy and see if you'd posted and you have! Perfect Sunday night reading.

Wishing you both a lovely relaxing holiday - hope it's fabulous and festive!

Lots of spa reviews pleeeease!

Safe travels - can't wait to read all about it xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List