Notices

Old 1 Feb 16, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mr Bear Takes Boris to Disney World: August 2016

So I finally finished writing up my trip report from 2014 you can find it here: Mr Bears Grand Adventure!
Now we're back for trip number 3!
Mr Bear Takes Boris to Disneyworld!

This year is a trip with a difference, with my girly gang going on other excursions (Grace is heading interailing, and Tiff on a paramore cruise) I was forced to concede I would not be heading to Florida again for a few years (wow this sounds like 2014 all over again!).. The girls originally were keen to come to Florida again but finances and the need to explore meant they decided against a further trip (having looked into it I was sad to find I wasn't going) que my sister Emma and a conflab with my mum, Mum is not keen on the idea of spending 8 hours cooped up in cattle class, to run around for 2 weeks, she much prefers the idea of relaxing on a beach in a place with a few sights to see (think Greek islands!) my sister started her first part time job (in the same supermarket as me!) and decided she wanted to go to Florida as she could now pay for herself (I must say she has been working very hard in the school holidays to ensure she has the funds too). The catch is she is still at school and as L6th going into u6th taking her out of school was out of the question, and due to retail work we could not get time off over Easter holidays or Christmas (and half terms here are only a week each time) so I started researching August, queue a few cold sweats over flight prices, and found like many of you, that last 2 weeks was the way forwards.
So the first week of October found me booking my holiday with work (and immediately badgering my manager to get it approved... I did warn him I would be though) and once approved I breathed a sigh of happiness! I could go back!

Okay so without further ado here is the cast:

On the left... Me: Leighanne, Crackers, Big Smush (sisterly nickname!).
Big sister, master of planning, chauffeur and keen photographer.
I'm very much looking forward to my 3rd trip, returning to my happy place amongst the Disney Magic and eating all the food and sweets!

Emma: Lil Smush,
Younger (yet actually bigger) sister, indecisive and mildly Obsessive.
Looking forward to meeting Tigger, seeing Giraffes, and general American shopping/dining.

Now the real stars of the show:
Mr Bear: my mad build a bear who has been to Florida before, loves wearing a sully suit and chillin in the backpack!

Boris: A well loved harrods bear with a slightly stubby leg! He is very well travelled, having been to Paris, Venice and many Greek islands loves a good bed to stay in!

The Plan:
Now I'll post with a full Itenary once I've got it more 'nailed' at the moment I've just popped the parks in and our universal stay so it looks a little blank..
However :
We shall be flying to Dublin on the 15th August and staying over night at the Maldron hotel, I plan for us to bring snacks from home for a snacky tea, and we shall grab a decent lunch in the airport before we head to Dublin, I have used my miles from my previous trip and traded in a few clubcard points to book us Club Europe flights (these cost £50 for the pair of us) so maybe we shall have access to a lounge in Heathrow Terminal 5, we fly at around 2 so will be heading to Heathrow for about 11, I choose these flights as I know the traffic getting to Heathrow can be a nightmare if we left it much later, or tried much earlier, and I didn't want a stupidly late flight! (As we'd need a 7/8pm check in time to head over after rush hour, and wouldn't get to Dublin till midnight!)
On the 16th August we shall check out of the hotel around 6:30 and head over to the airport for our 9:55 flight to Charlotte, we then have around 90mins to connect in Charlotte before heading down to Orlando, where we will arrive around 4pm. Now I chose to do our outbound connection over in the US so we can preclear customs and immigration in Dublin, I could have chosen a LGW or LHR connection however it was more expensive, we are travelling business class with AA, and it seams to be a better product then paying more for BA club world for the honour of connecting back at LGW and queueing for customs and immigration back at Mco with the masses... No Thank You!
Following our arrival at Mco we will take Disneys magical express to Bay Lake Tower at Disneys contemporary resort- we rented DVC points from Daves vacation club rentals for a 5 night stay here as when I was costing things up it work out cheaper for us to rent DvC and pay for dining plan then to book with 'free' ddp at contemporary resort. We have booked a theme park view room, and I plan to request a higher floor.
Following 5 nights at BTL, we will move to Disneys Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House! For 2 nights in a Savannah view room (a must do for my giraffe obsessed sister) I don't know if we can request over a Savannah with giraffes in, but I will try!
Next we then pick up a car from Disneys car care centre and move over to Rosen Inn international for our remaining 7 nights, but we do have a 1 night sleep over at Universals Hard Rock Hotel booked for The usual privileges.
On the 30th of August we then check out, return our car and take the 5:35pm BA club flight back to LGW, where we will land around 6am to be greeted by our mum.

So this trip:
We will see the giraffes and take amazing pictures.

We will stop to soak in the atmoshere and take amazing pictures.

We will meet Tigger in every Park and take selfies each time.

We will fill up of sugary sweets and not care about the consequences.

We will watch wishes from our balcony with hot chocolate.

We will not fight and argue with each other over stupid things.

We will not make a huge mess of every hotel room.

We will make memories to last a lifetime.

We will continue to write notes and sections as we go, so it doesn't take a year to write again.

We will have an Amazing trip and take lots of Amazing photos!

So I will update with a more set plan after ADR day on Feb 18th!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 16, 02:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Okay so a Lil update:
On Feb 18th I woke up at 8am in a blind panic that I wouldn't get the ADRs I want cause I was supposed to wake up at 5... Nope that's fast passes... Whoops! I rather rationally then checked the dibb to find it was 11, so leisurely got ready for work so I could book the ADRs at 11 ready to head to work at 11:45... Fabulous! That worked as planned, except for the ADRs linked to our AKL stay, which I had to do a few days later (luckily I didnt want anything particularly specific for those so sorted them a couple days after the window opened)

Okay so plan looks like this:

Monday 15th August PreTravel Day- we depart from Heathrow about 2pm to go to Dublin for our overnight stay at the Malden hotel, I still intend to take food with us, prehaps grabbing a sandwich, unless anyone knows of somewhere good/ cheap for food nearby?
Tuesday 16th August "Travel Day"- we will leave our room at around 6am ready to check in for our 9:55 flight via clt, we utimatley arrive in mco at 16.06 where we will get the DME () Mco to BLT. On checked in we shall grab our refillable mugs and take a stroll over to magic kingdom for some quick serve food (we have a theme park view room booked, and Emma isn't allowed a preview of the castle from our room till she's seen it from Main Street)
Wednesday 17th August- HS AM
"Chef Mickeys 7:15am
Scifi dine in 1:35pm"
We will probably leave the park after our lunch and either head to Walmart to get random rubbish for our room, or maybe go via yachtclub or POR to Dtd for a little look round shops and grad earl of sandwich for dinner, but I'm currently still undecided on this matter.
Thursday 18th August-MK All Day
Liberty tree 6:15pm
I currently plan for us to head in for road drop then head out after dinner, although we might head back for a nap and stay a little later in the evening, there will be some snack and QS credits used for food during the day though.
Friday 19th August - "Epcot then DTD from yacht club"
"Via nipoli 11:45am
Beaches and cream 4:20pm (oop)"
I'm not a huge Epcot fan, so I hope we can do the headliners and have a wander around, then head over to beaches and cream for Icecream, we do plan to return to watch illuminations later in the week.
Saturday 20th August MK am, nap, HS fantasmic
"Crystal palace 8:10am (oop)
Grand Floridan cafe 1:55pm (oop)"
Following the early starts I know we shall want a nap today, so the plan is to head out of MK in time to catch the boat to GF, to get some lunch at Gf cafe, then head back for a bit of down time and a nap, before heading to HS for hopefully I ride on ToT and fantastmic.
Sunday 21st August "Animal Kingdom, Epcot PM illuminations"
Teppan Edo 6:50pm
Since today is moving day, the plan is to leave our luggage with bell services and arrange it's transfer to AKL, we shall then head to AK for the day before heading to check into AKL at around 4, once checked in we shall freshen up and unpack the nessarsary items for our stay before heading over to Epcot for out dinner at teppan Edo, followed by illuminations.
Monday 22nd August "Water park, Night time safari"
Boma (AkL) 5:50pm
Today we plan to have a chilled day in a water park, then head back and chill at AKL,
We then have an early dinner booked at boma (hopefully it's early enough) so we can then do the AKL night time safari, which I need to phone and book still.
Tuesday 23rd August "AK AM DTD"
"Yak and yeti- 12pm
Today is our last day staying onsite, so again we were going to head to AKL, we have lunch booked at the TS yak and yeti, we will be all packed up before we go that morning, we shall then return to AKL to go and pick up our car from DCCC, (or maybe get picked up from AK if we can) I also plan for us to spend a bit of time at DTD but I don't know if we will do that before or after collecting the car.
We then leave the Disney bubble to Check in Rosen Inn Intl"
Wednesday 24th August Universal Check in HRH
Thursday 25th August Universal Check out HRH
Friday 26th August
Sat 27th August
Sunday 28th August
Monday 29th August "Wishes at MK DTD for last min shopping" TRex?
Tuesday 30th August "Check out Rosen inn Intl home time

As you can see once we leave Disney my plans then get vague, I know when we are going to universal because of our HRH stay, and we have a list of places we want to eat, but that's it for now...

Anyways thanks for reading
I'm sure I will have an update again soon, but for now back to procrastinating from the real world!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 16, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
CazP
Imagineer

Sounds fab
WDW Oct 1991 HoJo DLP June 2001 Cheyenne DLP Santa Fe Feb 2003 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2008 WDW Xmas 2008 CBR DLP Santa Fe Oct 2010 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2012 Ramada Int. Drive Aug 2013 DLP Cheyenne Oct 2014 IDrive & OKW July/August 2016 Oct 2016 Cheyenne DLP Aug 2017 Fairfield Inn July 2018 Newport Bay
CazP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 16, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
secretivemum
Imagineer

What a great plan... look forward to hearing all about it!
secretivemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 16, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Great plans! Love your bears name my Golden Lab is also a Boris 😁

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 16, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

So due to a lack of photos and notes I have wrote and extended highs and lows instead of a full report:

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...5#post12006165