Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 14 Feb 16, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

New York Dh 40th Trip report Last Day :(

Couldn't believe it was our last day in the city
We weren't flying until 6pm so we could cram more stuff in. Problem was I was so tired and in a lot of pain with my legs so decided to take it easy and not plan.

Up at 5am but later yay. I couldn't face a bath my legs were so sore.
We decided to go to IHOP again, we knew there where probably hundreds of diners but we love IHOP and not sure when we will get back to the states, so cab again it was to 14th st.
Same breakfast love yum yum!
Cab back to Central Park, this time I was wrapped up ready, leggings, jeans, leg warmers, vest, t-shirt, jumper. Coat, snood and gloves.
We walked all the way up to strawberry fields then up to the national history museum. Now I am not a museum type of person but dh really wanted a photo for ds 9 who is a big fan of night at the museum films.
The suggested price was $25 each but you can pay what you want so we paid $20 knowing we would buy a lot in the gift shop. We did a speed tour snapping pics for ds 9. We did I fact buy a lot in the gift shops, for the kids.
Next stop was the firehouse building of ghostbusters, I was still in pain so rather than wait for the bus we hailed a cab, we were getting good at this lol. Dropped right off in front of the firehouse, but it was full of scalfolding but we still took lots of pics, one cab driver told us they are doing a remake of ghostbusters not sure if it true or not though.
Short walk to coffee shop where we purchased red bulls, and walked to the Hudson River to sick on a bench and watch the world go by for a bit. I loved people watching in New York. Headed back to the main shopping places found a Kmart and stocked up on peanut butter m and m's. Yum.
Taxi back to our hotel, and we checked out so sad but yay we would see the kids soon we did miss them.
Taxi back to the airport, the cab asked for $70 so we think he added his own tip. He didn't get any extra any way!
It was in the airport I bought my favourite tacky New York mechanise, a NYPD sweatshirt I love it!
After the horrible journey to New York dh decided we were going to upgrade our seats to business class, however there was no availability so we paid for extra leg room instead. This made the journey back home more comfortable and we even managed a little sleep.

Anyway that's it in a nut shell our lovely perfect little holiday just the 2 of us. We had an amazing time and it was wonderful to reconnect as a couple again. We will be back one day I am sure to New York but not for a few years. Too much of the world to see.

Thank you for reading a few top tips for those of you who are going soon.

Check your airline if you are traveling on a 757 upgrade if you can.
Take a lot of money eating is not cheap.
Take bottles of pop with you in your case might save you a small fortune.
Hop on off bus, we would have missed so much if we had got the subway.
Don't pay full price at the history museum.
Don't plan too severely take each day as it happens.
Enjoy the city it is amazing

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying

Edited at 09:37 AM.
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 16, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Central Park and people watching in New York sounds like my kind of ideal day. It's always been a lot warmer when I've been though which probably makes it a lot more enjoyable!

I have to say that eating can be lots cheaper than you experienced though. There's lots of local delis, diners and coffee shops where we ate breakfast for less than $20 for the two of us, although I appreciate with the cold you didn't want to go looking for one.

Thanks for writing your trippie - I've enjoyed reading it.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 16, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MichelleB
Imagineer

Sounds like you had fun! Thanks for sharing, brought back some happy memories.

WDW Feb 2007 Bahama Bay
Beach Club/HRH/ Bella Piazza condo Oct 2010 New York April 2012
HRH and OKW August 2014. Boston, White Mts and Maine 2016
Planning for California Sept 2019
MichelleB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 18, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Waltdisnae
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thanks for your report - looking forward to your next one somewhere a bit warmer!

How was paying a lesser amount than suggested at the Natural history museum?
Waltdisnae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
thanks for posting
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Waltdisnae View Post
Thanks for your report - looking forward to your next one somewhere a bit warmer!

How was paying a lesser amount than suggested at the Natural history museum?
Hi
When we got to the counter we said we would like to donate $10 dollars each no problem and we got our tickets

Not sure if i have a got the stamina for a 2 weeks report, we will see i might do a live one this summer

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying

Edited at 09:19 PM.
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney owl View Post
thanks for posting
You’re welcome