Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Theme Parks Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, FastPass+ Questions and Info.
Unread 12 Sep 18, 02:42 AM  
Link to this Post
darthbane666
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Having just done this on Sunday night I was very surprised at the amount of non paying customers without wristbands in the park well into the evening, around 10pm. The only time I was asked to show my wristband was to pick up the trick or treat sweet bag, not once on any ride.
darthbane666 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 18, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
HerculesTiger
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by darthbane666 View Post
Having just done this on Sunday night I was very surprised at the amount of non paying customers without wristbands in the park well into the evening, around 10pm. The only time I was asked to show my wristband was to pick up the trick or treat sweet bag, not once on any ride.
I really would have thought Disney would police this better? not like them to let ppl get something for nothing
Lindfields - Kissimmee - Sept 2017
CBR - Sept 2018
HerculesTiger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
2021 - Got to be done
Unread 12 Sep 18, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by darthbane666 View Post
I'm really surprised to read this, we've been to MNSSHP 3 different years, 2004, 2008 & 2015 and it's always been policed, bands have had to be shown to access rides, food and even shops. There are always some people who will try it on and stay in the park, but they can't actually do anything and generally are asked to leave.

Many trips since '92 incl. ASMu, ASMo, BCV, OKW, HRH, Drop Anchor Resort, Islamorada BWV, AKL - Kidani & Jambo, BLT, Vero Beach, THVs SSR, RPR,BRVWild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Copper Creek
Unread 13 Sep 18, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker100
VIP Dibber

sunseeker100's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
take your own treat bag?

hi everyone

I've not read every post so apologies if I've missed this but is it frowned upon to put some treats in your own bag, like a rucksack or whatever you take into the park?

the bags look very small and without wanting to sound greedy I may be tempted to want more treats than I can fit into a bag

we're only going for one night and I do love sweets! hence the constant diet I suppose haha
Unread 13 Sep 18, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sunseeker100 View Post
hi everyone

I've not read every post so apologies if I've missed this but is it frowned upon to put some treats in your own bag, like a rucksack or whatever you take into the park?

the bags look very small and without wanting to sound greedy I may be tempted to want more treats than I can fit into a bag

we're only going for one night and I do love sweets! hence the constant diet I suppose haha
This is fine!
stupet11 is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Fan
Unread 13 Sep 18, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
HerculesTiger
Apprentice Imagineer

hi everyone

the best way to maximise ur treats is the use the bag they provide, but every now and then to decant most of the contents of it into ur backpack, CM's will start putting more stuff into ur almost "empty" bag as the evening goes on as they will feel u are missing out by not having alot of candy. whereas actually u already have it all but its out of sight.

This is a known and used tactic by many
Lindfields - Kissimmee - Sept 2017
CBR - Sept 2018
HerculesTiger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
2021 - Got to be done
Unread 13 Sep 18, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Apprentice Imagineer

hi everyone

The cast members dish out the candy but you can put it wherever you like, handbag, rucksack, bin bag! They are not bothered.
They will give you a small empty bag if you dont have one.
We went last month, they generally give each person a handful of candy each time you visit.
All Mars and Wrigley stuff like skittles, m & ms, Milky Way, twix etc.
Visit as many of the stations as many times as you like. Just get your candy then rejoin the queue at that particular station!
Theres no limit to how much you get, its literally how much you can physically carry home!
These are the empty free bags that they give you if you want.

Edited at 04:47 PM.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Again, but maybe no mouse this time!
Unread 13 Sep 18, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
darthbane666
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
I'm really surprised to read this, we've been to MNSSHP 3 different years, 2004, 2008 & 2015 and it's always been policed, bands have had to be shown to access rides, food and even shops. There are always some people who will try it on and stay in the park, but they can't actually do anything and generally are asked to leave.

I'm sure I did see a couple being asked to leave, this was around 10pm though. The most obvious was when couples would walk through the trick and treat stations but not stop to collect treats. I'm not angry with Disney but I made it known to all those that I seen without bands to stare at their wrists
darthbane666 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 18, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 99plums View Post
Theres no limit to how much you get, its literally how much you can physically carry home!

You'll only do that your first time though as most of it is quite vile

Many trips since '92 incl. ASMu, ASMo, BCV, OKW, HRH, Drop Anchor Resort, Islamorada BWV, AKL - Kidani & Jambo, BLT, Vero Beach, THVs SSR, RPR,BRVWild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Copper Creek
Unread 13 Sep 18, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker100
VIP Dibber

sunseeker100's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by 99plums View Post
The cast members dish out the candy but you can put it wherever you like, handbag, rucksack, bin bag! They are not bothered.
They will give you a small empty bag if you dont have one.
We went last month, they generally give each person a handful of candy each time you visit.
All Mars and Wrigley stuff like skittles, m & ms, Milky Way, twix etc.
Visit as many of the stations as many times as you like. Just get your candy then rejoin the queue at that particular station!
These are the empty free bags that they give you if you want.

Excellent! Just booked the contemporary for the night so I think its safe to say I dont have far to go to get it home Im sure we wont eat it all