Notices

Old 1 Apr 16, 03:01 AM  
Link to this Post
closeder
slightly serious Dibber

Day 5 Shopping/Bahama Breeze Keeping the Grandparents Up To Date Easter 2016

The forecast for this morning was to be bright sunshine in the morning clouding over in the afternoon so we decided to spend some time in the morning at the pool and then head to the shops later on. Murray was desperate to play tennis so we had a quick breakfast of cereal and fruit in the room before the boys headed to the tennis courts. Katie and I "faffed" a bit more in the room before heading for the pool. I think we were down for 10am and it was already busy so we had to search for quite a while for the best sunny spot. There really is an abundance of sun beds however there is a fair amount of towel bed reserving goes on which is a bit annoying. There are also a massive amount of shaded areas and I imagine, much like my comparison at Aquatica, if I was here in the summer the reserved beds would be those ones in the shade, however I was on the hunt for maximum sun exposure!

Eventually I found a sunny spot and Katie was straight into the lazy river, the boys came round soon after having enjoyed their game of tennis.

Not brilliant pictures but gives an idea of the facilities.

The boys had been back to the room to change into swimming gear and then via the Market place shop for some Starbucks coffees for Derek and I and snacks for the kids which we all enjoyed. Kids split their time between the river, pool and slide and we spent a few relaxing hours on the sun beds. At 12.30 we decided to head to the room to get ready for some shopping. We had a little relax in the room with some TV watching and were out for 1.30. We headed for Vineland Rd Premium Outlets, it being the closest. The weather was actually still lovely without the clouding over which had been predicted. We hit our usual favourites - Coach, Disney, Ralph Lauren Adult, Ralph Lauren kids, Sketchers, Under Armour, Nine West, Toys r us, Kate Spade and more. We had an icecream at Godiva, never been in here before but the icecream was amazing. I was tempted by the chocolate strawberries but I resisted!

I meant to take a picture of the icecream but the kids were half way through before i got out the shop behind them.

There were some good offers on, Ralph Lauren is in the middle of being renovated and changed about. The new layout is much better and more open with the tills situated at the entrance to the right where shoes and handbags used to be, great improvement and was also very quiet. Another fortune was spent in here by Derek and it was 40% off the lowest ticket price for all items, there were many bargains to be had. The kids store had the same offer and we picked up tshirts and a lovely jumper for Murray, didn't see anything for Katie but she got two pairs of her favourite twinkle flip flops in sketchers. I managed to take some pictures of some of the shopping, I won't bore you with all of the details. Picked up some great items in under armour for the kids too.

Clarins prices were slightly cheaper than UK and the girl threw in a free hand cream.

Kate Spade had some lovely bags but I was very restrained and came out with earring, a lovely scarf and a new water cup for work, there was 50% off everything in here.

Two pairs of shoes in Nine
West, couldn't decide on which colour to choose so took both 😉

Just can't come out of Coach without something, the shop has been reorganised and is looking very stylish but nothing caught my eye except this purse.

Murray and Katie tried very hard to find something in the Disney store. Not much of a haul, is it me or can it be very hard to tell what character these Tsum Tsums are meant to be? I think it's Lilo and Stitch's girlfriend Katie informs me? Is the dog Lady!?

We spent quite a few hours
shopping and understandably the kids were getting tetchy, so we headed to Bahama Breeze further along the road for dinner arriving at 5.30. It was pretty busy but we were seated within 10 minutes. It was happy hour so it would be rude not to have a cocktail right?

A frozen Bahamarita for me, it was lovely. Derek was driving so he had one bud light. I love eating here, great choices on the menu. I had one of the specials, Chicken taco salad, Derek had a shrimp rice dish, can't remember the exact name, Murray had sliders and Katie had chicken breast and fries, declared as the best chips ever!

My salad, delicious!

Derek's rice dish, also had Chorizio sausage in it, very tasty.

We all sharer an appetiser of firecracker shrimp, something we have had the last couple of visits and look forward to having? It didn't dissapoint and was half price in happy hour.

On the way home we stopped in to Wallgreens pharmacy for paracetamol and came out with this lot, also two Star Wars blankets with sleeves, storm trooper and darth vader, honestly you leave Derek and the kids for five minutes so I can look at makeup and all sorts slip into the trolley. First purchase of Krispy Kreme was made too for breakfast tomorrow, hoping to get out early to Seaworld!

Back to the hotel for 8pm, we went straight down to the basketball court so the kids could shoot some hoops while we waited on them at the bar. We then got some smores kits and spent a little while toasting marshmallows at one of the fire pits.

A lovely end to the evening, we had the kids tucked up in bed by 9.30.

Index to my trip reports at link below, updating live
"Over the hill and sailing away March 2017"
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=36640
closeder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 16, 03:52 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by closeder - 1 Apr 16 3:52 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 16, 06:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Lovely day again... I love seeing people's shopping hauls 😀, the smores making looked a lovely way to end the day. Look forward to reading more tomorrow 😀
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 16, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
k l is excited
Imagineer

Another great day, sounds like you are having an amazing time.
Old 1 Apr 16, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

I love your Nine West shoes, they are very stylish, and your Kate Spade scarf and your Coach purse. The Vineland Premium Outlets are our favourite, we always spend a day there. Your cocktail looked delicious. Can't wait to hear about your day at Seaworld.
Old 1 Apr 16, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

What a great day and some lovely goodies to take home too x
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 16, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sounds like you got yourselves some great buys. I like the shoe dilemma-you can never have enough pairs!
The smores look delicious.
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 16, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridajill
Excited about Disney

That cocktail at Bahama Breeze looked yummy as did the food! Will be on our list of places to go next time👍
Floridajill is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 16, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
That same cocktail appeared on another trip report I'm reading (AbiKnox) must be a popular choice!

Another fab day - love the smores kit for using on the fire pit - what a lovely end to the day
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 16, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I love Kate Spade and Coach That pool at the hotel looks lovely!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List