Notices

Old 2 Apr 16, 02:45 AM  
Link to this Post
closeder
slightly serious Dibber

Day 6 Seaworld/Red Lobster Keeping the Grandparents Up To Date Easter 2016

Derek and I woke fairly early, 6.30ish followed by Murray at 7, we all used our phones and iPads to catch up with the world/play games until Katie eventually came round at 7.30ish. At this point Derek asked what time I was aiming to be out for, I optimistically said 8.45, fat chance!

We all had showers and then a very healthy breakfast of Krispy Kreme donuts and fruit! Derek and I also had our usual cup of coffee we have been enjoying from the little coffee maker.

I thought we were doing well managing to get out the room for 9.05, however no sooner had we taken the lift to the lobby Derek realised he had left his hat in the room so back up he went while we waited. Back down he came eventually only to realise he also didn't have the car keys, some loving words were exchanged before I made the trip back to the room this time! Departure time was delayed until 9.20.

We arrived at Seaworld and there was no queue at the car park, we ended up in the same row as Tuesday and again there were hardly any queues at bag inspection or the turnstiles.

Now we had all agreed last night to give Manta a try. Murray and Katie are not, let's say, the greatest thrill seekers and although Derek likes rollercoasters he can't handle rides that go round and round or simulators such as Star Tours or Simpsons. I'm really building to a disaster already but this wasn't entirely obvious to us all this morning! The wait time was 5 mins and so I rushed to get everything in a locker, fairly painless affair, then I joined everyone in the nearly non existent queue. We have been to Seaworld several times now so it's not exactly a secret what happens on this ride and the kids were really excited. That all stopped when the seats moved us horizontal and Katie decided she didn't like that. Too late however we were on our way. For the record I thought it was amazing and thoroughly enjoyed it, the rest of the family absolutely did not! And of course it was all my fault and my bad idea! Derek was feeling really dizzy and woozy and the kids were in a major huff with me. It took a good 10 minutes for them to forgive me (I don't know why I was getting the blame we all agreed last night) and as we were near the Clyde and Seamore show and we missed the first 10mins on Tuesday we headed there. Two bags of popcorn and all was forgotten (almost).

I am always amazed at the size of the walrus. After this we headed to the sea lions enclosure and Murray fed them some fish, it was really quiet round here, I've seen it much busier.

It was now 11.45. Murray was desperate to have lunch at the Shark restaurant, we ate here last year and he loved seeing all the Sharks up close. It's pretty expensive for what you get and I had refused on Tuesday however now the guilt trip was on after subjecting them to Manta ( even although I didn't force them and everyone agreed last night!)

We had a good look at the Sharks and rays outside first.

We were seated very quickly, it was pretty quiet although it was busy by the time we left. Murray and Derek had a great look at the Sharks close up, and at the back of the menu it gives you pictures and information on each of them which the kids enjoyed using. I had the Mussels appetiser as a main and Derek had the Seafood Asiago which is basically seafood pasta. Kids had chicken tenders and fries but then ate most of my mussels.

The kids get an icecream and their drink included but I think $13 is steep, however the surrounding tanks are special and that's one happy face in that picture.

After lunch we headed for Shamus happy harbour for more net climbing.

The kids had a great time here again. The weather today was very warm, 94 degrees in the car and lots of scorching sun breaking through at times. The kids did last a lot longer playing here than they would have in the summer, we then got a slushie each and had a nosy in the wild artic shop until it was time to enter the Shamu stadium for the 2pm show.

That won't fit in the suitcase Katie!

I do love the One Ocean show, I know this can be a controversial subject but we went, we enjoyed it and we were amazed as usual.

I am always amazed at the number of people who sit in the splash/soak zone and then run away when this happens, there is plenty of warning, it's always amusing, they clearly don't expect the volume of water.

After the show we went to wild artic, the kids and I did the simulation helicopter, Derek did the mild version, did I mention he doesn't do simulators well!

We spent quite a while looking at the belugas and walrus under the water.

After this Katie decided she was brave again and wanted to do Journey to Atlantis. I looked on the app and it said a 50min wait. That's about 40 mins more than I would like to wait for any ride but here came the guilt trip again and I said we could walk round to it just in case the app was wrong. On the way we spotted the killer whales trainers at their enclosure and that meant we could see the killer whales under water.

We then spotted soft serve ice-cream so had to stop for one of these.

That softened the blow of a 60min wait by the time we got round to the ride so at this point we decided to call it a day. Somehow it had reached 4pm without us noticing, a very long park day for us. On the way to the entrance Manta was a five minute wait, the family weren't up for it but I decided I'd like one more go without the guilt trip, the rest of them were happy to wait and I went on myself, it was fab.

Kids reminisced about their wonderful time on Manta while waiting on me.

We left the park and were back at the hotel for 5. We all had a rest, no one could be bothered to go to the pool and instead we all put our feet up in front of the TV/phones/iPads. We had no plan for tonight's dinner so I searched for "Restaurants near me" on google and turned out there is a red lobster 0.8miles away, that would do!

We got ourselves ready for 6.45 and took the car basically across the road, we justified this by telling ourselves it was in case it was too busy and a long wait so we had the option to try somewhere else. In reality we just couldn't be bothered walking anymore, my Fitbit said 14,290 steps, quite enough for today.

Fabulous meal, so much choice on the menu, I had the Seaside shrimp trio and Derek had duelling lobster tails, Murray had popcorn shrimp and Katie had chicken, she will turn into a chicken at this rate.

We were very good and only had one serving of the delicious rolls/cakes that come before the meal, these are to die for, sorry I know I'll be making you jealous now Mum!

Back to the hotel for 8.30, we were all pretty tired and the kids were happy to go back to the room. Our last night in the hotel was spent with a cup of tea packing bags 😥 We will miss the hotel, it has been wonderful and the kids have had a ball, but also looking forward to getting to the villa and dare I say it getting a wash on! Check out is 11am, we have a 2pm ADR at Beaches and Cream so I can get excited for our next hotel stay, then on to the villa, we can arrive any time after 3pm.

Index to my trip reports at link below, updating live
"Over the hill and sailing away March 2017"
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=36640
closeder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 16, 04:15 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by closeder - 2 Apr 16 4:15 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 16, 05:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great Day -hope your parents are managing to keep up with your posts!
Twinklestar1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 16, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
k l is excited
Imagineer

Another fab day Hope all runs smooth with your move to the villa.
Old 2 Apr 16, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Another brilliant day... Your report each morning is really getting be excited for our trip. Have a lovely day today and enjoy beaches and cream... We did the kitchen sink there and had a great time.
Sam x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 16, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Great day. Fancy 'making' them get on Manta-pleased you got another go as you left.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 16, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Another great day even with the blame of Manta being put on you!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 16, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Lovely day at Seaworld, your family are very brave going on Manta (even if they did agree to it the night before! ), it's one I've never been on.

I've just been writing up the next day of my trippy from last year and in that my parents went to Red Lobster and my Mum raved about the cheese rolls

Looking forward to your move! xx
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 16, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Another great day even with the blame of Manta being put on you!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 16, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi folks. You seem to be still having early starts. Don't know this manta ride but by the sounds of it, we won't be giving it a try if the kids didn't like it. Your food in the shark restaurant looks amazing but my memories is that is was very expensive (you are on your hols so it is alright). Red lobster was one of my favourites and the cakes brought back fond memories. Hope you week in the villa is restful after you fin packed time in the hotel. Perhaps a little tame for the kids. We are yet again in a cafe in Dunbar with chocolates caked (no lunch again). Weather dry and about 9 degrees so no need for sun tan cream! Decided to stay until Monday so will have Sunday lunch out. Enjoy
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List