Notices

Old 4 Apr 16, 02:17 AM  
Link to this Post
closeder
slightly serious Dibber

Day 8 Cracker Barrel/lazy Pool Day/Millers Ale House Keeping the Grandparents Up To Date Easter 2

We all had a good long sleep and this morning the kids were up just after 8, after some TV watching and iPad playing we all got ready to go to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. The sun was out but it was actually pretty chilly in the shade, the car said 65 degrees. The Restuarant was heaving and we had a 20minute wait. We sat outside in the lovely rocking chairs and Murray and I had a game of checkers with help from his Dad.

Before long we were seated, the surroundings are lovely and The servers are very friendly and helpful. Murray and I had Mommas Pancake breakfast, Derek had Uncle Hershels and Katie had two pancakes with bacon. Failed on the photo front here, we were all so hungry we were half way through when I remembered. Our server was very attentive and my coffee cup was never empty. Everything was really tasty and and we only left two pancakes between Murray and I, when I say left I mean we took them home in a box! I really like a good browse round the shop attached to the restaurant but it was far too busy, Derek said he would bring us back another day.

After breakfast we headed to the Super Target along the road. We actually popped into TJMax and Dollar Tree first for a good look. At TJMax Derek bought an arm holder thing for his iPad and Katie got a new purple brush, you would not believe how excited one girl could get over a purple hairbrush, easy pleased, she just spent 15 mins brushing her hair with it before bed tonight!

I didn't manage to see anything I liked in TJMaxx. In dollar tree we bought small bags of Lays crisps as you only ever seem to get huge bags in Target unless you buy mixed multi packs, and noodles for the pool, also rubbishy "ring pop" lollies that turned the kids tongues bright blue and M&Ms.

On to Target for the usual grocery shopping. I did manage to buy the new Fitbit Alta though, my charge is falling to pieces and Fitbit have said they will refund me if I cut it up and send them a picture. I decided to buy a new one over here first then cut up my old one when I get home. It was $139 including tax for anyone interested.

Once shopping was over we headed back to the villa, it was 12.40 and the weather was starting to heat up a bit. Groceries away, kids sprayed, we all hit the pool, well I hit the sunbed actually. It was a great temperature now for enjoying a day by the pool, still a bit cool in the shade after coming out of the pool, I could only gauge this by the blueness of Murray lips when he came out for a drink.

I include one photo of the kids in the pool, I did take a few around the pool but most of them look the same and also photos of Derek and I in our swimming gear might put you off your dinner!

Here are some pictures of my new Fitbit, of course it had to be purple, according to Katie anyway.

We had a nice homemade lunch around 2.30 of ham sandwiches and crisps, jam sandwich for Katie. Everyone had some downtime inside the villa after lunch except me, I just stayed out in the sun and caught up on theDIBB/Facebook/emails etc.

I did manage to put two washes on, Mum would be proud! I wish we had these washers and dryers in the UK!

We got ready for dinner and headed out at 6.30 to Millers Ale House, I'd been reading a trip report and it was getting good reviews, we haven't been before so we thought we would give it a go.

It was very busy, we were asked to wait and they wanted our mobile number but as it was a UK dial code they gave us a slip with a number and we had to watch a screen for when our number came up. This didn't take too long and we were soon seated at a high table. They had asked our preference for high table or booth but we said we didn't mind. The surroundings were great, lots of TVs showing sport, something for everyone and the kids quickly became engrossed in the gymnastics. Our server was a little strange, he came up to say who he was and that he would be looking after us except he seemed to forget who he was? He got there eventually, I could see his
name on his badge but didn't help him out in case it was a stutter, but I don't think it was. We had been given four adult menus so asked for a kids one, he was away so long Katie went and retrieved one at the check in desk instead. It seemed he did forget as he came back to take our order without the menu. We had plenty time to make our choices, Murray had chicken zingers, Katie had the kids burgers, Derek had 20 chicken wings and I had the chicken and shrimp Cobb salad.

Chicken zingers

Chicken wings

Cobb Salad. Very tasty all round, Murray didn't finish his zingers. A few times this holiday he has wanted to order from the adult menu against my better judgement, and this was one of those times I was proven right. He ate three and left three, I've said to him it's better to order from the kids menu, especially as they had chicken fingers on the kids menu which we could have asked for the sauce on the side with, and if he doesn't feel full we will gladly order him something else. I think he's just at the in between age and often his eyes are bigger than his stomach or he feels too grown up for the kids stuff. We were able to box up the left overs but it will likely sit in the fridge for a few days then head to the bin. Maybe I'm being harsh, it's his holiday after all and I certainly don't grudge the cost, just the waste.

Posted the photo to gives an idea of the TVs surrounding you and just noticed the lady behind the kids, massive black eye, now I know why she was wear her sunglasses inside.

We were home to the villa by 8.20. The kids were straight into the garage to play games, bedtime was 9.20.

Derek and I had a few beers and wine whilst flicking through the TV channels, walking dead was on but we resisted since we have last weeks episode still to watch.

Some photos of my charm bought yesterday.

I think it goes nicely with the rest of the charms. A family vote has us visiting Legoland tomorrow!

Index to my trip reports at link below, updating live
"Over the hill and sailing away March 2017"
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=36640
closeder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 16, 03:28 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by closeder - 4 Apr 16 3:28 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 16, 06:28 AM  
Link to this Post
k l is excited
Imagineer

Another good day. We went to Miller Ale house last year for the first time we all enjoyed it, would definately go again when we return.
Old 4 Apr 16, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Sounds like another fab day! We love Cracker Barrel and millers.

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 16, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
twinkleshmoo
Very Serious Dibber

Lovely relaxing day 😊 We discovered millers last year and it was a big hit. X
Old 4 Apr 16, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another good day
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 16, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
clubhouse
Very Serious Dibber

Another lovely day, you all look at home in the villa. Love your charm, looks great on your bracelet.

Right I'm off to look out the fake tan, don't want to look too peely wally next to you after all your sun bathing! Look forward to the next update.
clubhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 16, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Nice relaxed day. Your charms look lovely x
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 16, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Lazing by your own pool is always a delight. We love Millers for dinner. Another good day.
Old 4 Apr 16, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi folks, glad to see you are settled into the villa. Breakfast sounded good. Have we been there before? Your charms are lovely something you can't buy in Scotland. Glad you have tried Miller's ale house, food looked great with generous portions. Just arrived home from the caravan and it is raining. Now looking forward to our dinner and overnight stay at Champaneys on Thursday. Enjoy legoland, speak again soon.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List