Notices

Old 8 Apr 16, 01:45 AM  
Link to this Post
closeder
slightly serious Dibber

Day 12 Golden Corral/Mall At Millenia/Cheesecake Factory Keeping the Grandparents Up To Date Easter

Today we were up at 8am because we had nowhere to go of course. It had been raining over night and was still pretty overcast so we decided to go to Golden Corral for breakfast and see if it would brighten up a bit. I did a bit more washing first and started the packing😞

We aimed to get there for 10.30 so we could start with the breakfast selection but they start putting out lunch at 11am so that means you can be there for the change over in case there is anything you fancy!

One visit here per holiday is a family tradition, it's cheap as chips to coin a phrase and it's fun to have ice cream for breakfast on your holidays!

I won't go in to all the choices on offer but you can have fresh omelettes and waffles made for you and there are always fresh tasty fluffy pancakes so this keeps us happy never mind the rest. This morning there was some lovely ham being carved and I especially enjoyed the blueberry pancakes. There is also an ice cream machine and chocolate fountain so once the kids had some sensible selections we all headed to the sweet stuff. Katie also discovered cotton candy on the way out to the souvineer shop next door, she was amazed when we said she could have one on the way out!

Here they are enjoying that ice cream, apparently I have a fall back career as an ice cream vendor as I got the ice cream fully into the cone with good height according to the kids!

We were back at the villa at 11.45 and the sun by this time had broken through, it was a lovely temperature and I quickly headed out to the sunbed. The kids wanted to finish their Lego building, I did warn them is be breaking it up for the suitcase but they were fine with this. Derek watched the start of the Masters on the only channel the TV seems to show!

At 1 we got ready to head to Mall at Millenia, we find there are different choices at the Macy's here mainly for Derek and the kids and also we like to go the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. It is a beautiful Mall and I love to browse but don't often find many bargains for myself. Not many photos taken today so used one of the Mall from the Internet!

Derek was successful with a few bargains from Ralph Lauren. They seem to pull discounts out of thin air here, some of his t-shirts were 30% off in the rail and then another 25% off as there was a "men's event", I think the counter assistants just make them up sometimes but I'm not complaining!

We got some shorts for Murray and a lovely outfit from Ralph Lauren for one of Derek's work colleagues who has just had a baby girl.

Actually it looks nicer in the flesh. It was originally $45 and the final price was $28.35. We got speaking to a Ralph Lauren (merchandiser I think) here. She was telling us she lived in Celebration and we should go to the Tavern there for dinner or Mannys. I have seen recommendations for both of these on the DIBB I think, just so many places so little time!

Having skipped lunch we headed to Cheesecake Factory at 4.45. We were seated immediately, this has never happened to us! Lovely meal as usual, I had Steak Tacos, Derek had Parmesan encrusted chicken, kids had sliders and chicken tenders.

We saved a little room for cheesecake, Derek had the Strawberry and I had Lemon Meringue, which was absolutely delicious, of course most of it came home in a box with us, it's calling me from the fridge right now.

After dinner we had a wander round some more shops but no further purchases were made. We headed home for 6.30 and we all hit the pool, even Murray tonight. They had a great time soaking me in the hot tub by blowing water through their noodles, I kept trying to tell them to stop but it was too funny, and when I told them I didn't want pool water in my wine they told me I cared more about my wine than them having fun, hmm let me think about this one?

After a couple of hours in the pool we headed inside, the kids had bought beanboozled in our last shopping trip and were desperate to play. We managed three rounds of picking a flavour each before we could carry on no longer, we were all very unlucky with our choices and anymore and we would definitely have brought up our dinner! A fun evening all round.

We gave the kids the choice of returning to any park for our last day tomorrow, my money was on Aquatica but no it was a unanimous vote for Legoland. And since we now have the annual passes we are going to do the waterpark too.

Index to my trip reports at link below, updating live
"Over the hill and sailing away March 2017"
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=36640
closeder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 16, 02:30 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by closeder - 8 Apr 16 2:30 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 16, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
k l is excited
Imagineer

Loved reading your trippie each morning your two weeks seems to have gone too quickly. Enjoy your last day.
Old 8 Apr 16, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
twinkleshmoo
Very Serious Dibber

That little outfit from Ralph is so cute! Cheesecake Factory food is just so good isn't it! Enjoy your last day
Old 8 Apr 16, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
A lovely relaxed day...we wan to try and find golden coral this trip ... it sounds weird but in a good way... you can't beat a buffet...any buffet in our family . The Ralph Lauren outfit is adorable, the cheesecake yummy.
Have a fabulous day today at legoland. Thanks again for sharing your holiday
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 16, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Cheesecake Factory looks fab! Another great day

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 16, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Sounds like a nice relaxing day. Enjoy Legoland for your last day.
Old 8 Apr 16, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Cheesecakes look lush.
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 16, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Blimey, is it almost time to come home already?

Lovely relaxing day. You did well with Bamboozled, my two have that game too, but I've learnt my lesson!
JoJo88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 16, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Only seems like a couple of days I've been reading this but can't believe it's so close to the end... I'm sure you feel it's flown too!

Enjoy the repeat trip to Legoland
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List