Notices

Old 9 Apr 16, 03:47 AM  
Link to this Post
closeder
slightly serious Dibber

Day 13 Legoland Waterpark/Longhorn Steakhouse/Packing 😞 Keeping the Grandparents Up To Date Easte

We set the alarm this morning for 7.45 so we could make the most of our last full day in Florida. As voted for by the kids we were heading to Legoland to the waterpark. Derek and I were actually both awake at 7.30 but so as not to break the theme of this holiday the kids had to be wakened up because we were actually going somewhere.

We aimed to be out of the house for 8.45, we made it at 9.05. It was a glorious sunny day, not a cloud in the sky. The next Photo should demonstrate this, we spotted four army helicopters (we think) in formation so I tried to capture them with my phone, it's a good shot of the blue sky.

We arrived at 10.03am, just in time for park opening. We could have entered the park half an hour earlier with our new annual passes but it only allows you on a couple of rides and the water park doesn't open until 10.30 so I wasn't upset that we arrived at this time (much)

What a difference in the amount of time we spent before getting in today, walked straight up and through the bag check, and with our passes in hand we swiped quickly through the barrier and we on our way.

We decided to go on all the rides the kids wanted to repeat then head to the waterpark. Didn't go crazy on photos as it is mostly a repeat of our last Legoland visit.

First up surprise surprise was Mia's riding school, just Katie and I again.

The Dragon roller coaster was next, we all went on this time.

Lost kingdom was next, we all improved on our last scores, Derek won again.

Then on to coastersaurus, we all rode first then the kids went on again. All the rides were a walk on.

I didn't do too well capturing the kids on this, I think they are the third row from the back, they really loved this.

The kids then went round on the Safari Trek, really slow but they seemed to enjoy it, especially when the elephant blew water at them.

The Lego models really are amazing I think.

Finally as we arrived at the entrance to the waterpark the kids went on Flying school. We were at the entrance to the waterpark at 11.25 with the kids having been on all their favourite ride (apart from Chima as we said they would get wet enough soon, we had forgotten about it until we were near the waterpark and didn't want to turn back).

The waterpark was dead, hardly anyone was here at this point. We had our pick of seats and we headed round to the Joaker Soaker area for some beds in the sunshine. I thought the kids would mostly play here but Murray quickly discovered a mini imagination station where you could build Lego boats and race them, and we could hardly drag him away from there.

After a good play at this they headed to the lazy river where you can build on your rubber ring with soft Lego bricks that float around with you. Then eventually they came round to the Joaker Soaker area.

By 12.30 the kids were starving so we headed to the only available place for food within the water park which sells the usual theme park offerings -burgers, hotdogs, nachos and chicken strips. Almost but not quite a repeat of last time, it was slow but not tearing my hair out losing the will to live slow. I had checked on the website last night as I really wanted to take our own food but it clearly states snacks but no picnics. The food was actually tasty, we had a nachos to share, Derek had a hot dog, Murray and Katie had burgers and I had chicken strips.

After lunch we headed round with the kids to Twin Chasers, this is a rubber ring slide and the kids really loved this, they can down together then they could also do it individually.

We left them to it here for a while and went back to the beds. A bonus today was the park is fairly small and it was quiet for most of our time there, we were comfortable letting the kids do their own thing and didn't need to worry about where they were. I wouldn't like to see it busy though and i imagine or hope that they have a limit on the number of people they let in at busy times.

Here is a picture of the wave pool, the kids didn't go near it, it did look very tame.

When they returned from the twin chasers I went round to the lazy river with Katie and Murray went back to boat building. After three rounds of the lazy river Katie went back to boat building too and I went back to sunbathing with Derek.

We called it a day at 3pm, packing and early dinner was planned.

We said goodbye to the waterpark, no promise to return in the summer, we might consider it if we can fit it in but I can imagine it would be a bit of a nightmare when it's busy and I don't think there would be enough shade either.

We walked back through Miniland with a quick stop to admire a few more models.

Katie's favourite Heartlake girl, Emma.

We wee just in time to meet Wildstyle and Spaceman.

Bye for now Legoland, we may see you in a while?

Our return journey home was uneventful, although the say nav took us further up US27 than normal so we got to see where some of the estates I hear mentioned on the DIBB are situated. We arrived home at 4.30ish. We had half an hour downtime Derek watching the Masters, Murray playing pool, Katie in the pool, me on the sunbed eating my leftover cheesecake☺️
Just as delicious the second day.

We were out for our last dinner to our favourite Longhorn Steakhouse by 6.30. Our wait was 40 mins however I spotted a spare table in the bar area and as happened last year we know you can be seated and served immediately here. Derek asked the girl at the check in desk and we were seated at the table with no wait.

I can't order anything else on the menu I just love the sirloin and shrimp so much, Derek had Flo's Fillet, Kids both had steaks, they were all tucking in before I could take any pictures. Absolutely delicious as always.

Derek steak already with a bite out of it.

Last photo of the evening, we had a great meal and a great day.

We returned home at 7.30, a mammoth packing session followed while the kids played ping pong in the garage. I was determined not to buy a new suitcase so stuff is getting crammed the hand luggage case which we will then put in the hold as our fourth case. Almost fitting everything in, a last minute trip to target might be on the cards tomorrow morning!

Can't believe we are going home but we've had a brilliant time and won't be long until I am booking those fast passes (15 days to go) and planning our next holiday to Florida with a little more military precision than this one!

Index to my trip reports at link below, updating live
"Over the hill and sailing away March 2017"
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=36640
closeder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 16, 04:51 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by closeder - 9 Apr 16 4:51 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 16, 05:46 AM  
Link to this Post
k l is excited
Imagineer

Glad you had a lovely day for your last day. Hope you managed to get everything in your cases. Have a safe and pleasant journey home.

Will you be doing another trip report on your next visit, I'm awake early most mornings and enjoy logging into the Dibb to catchup with your trippie.

Many thanks for taking the time to write and shard your trippie with us all, it has been lovely reading it.
Old 9 Apr 16, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

A lovely last day thanks for sharing, hi know most people get the Florida blues but what a brilliant cure you have for them getting straight crack into the planning for your next trip. Safe journey home and hopefully you do another trippie in the summer and I get to read that
Sam x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 16, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
twinkleshmoo
Very Serious Dibber

Oh those Florida blue skies - perfection! Lovely last day. Safe journey home x
Old 9 Apr 16, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Oh nooooo, not the last day! Good choice for your last meal

Hope you have a safe journey home - are you going to write a report for your next trip?
JoJo88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 16, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Really enjoyed reading your report. Safe journey home.

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 16, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

It's so nice to read good reviews for Legoland- looks like you had a great day. Have enjoyed following along sounds like a great time of year to visit!
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 16, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Can't believe your packing to go home, I'll miss reading all about your day. The waterpark looks lots of fun, the lazy river with the building blocks sounds fab.
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 16, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

A lovely last day. I've really enjoyed your daily reports... thank you for sharing.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List