Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports Download the app for iOS or Android
Eat and Play Card
Unread 18 Apr 16, 01:19 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Day 7. Villa Chillin' - April 2016, Scottishnellies 2nd Live Florida Trip Report

This will the shortest day I have ever written, as we did absolutely hee-haw today. And it was magic!

We spent a good couple of hours in the games room last night playing pool and playing golf and bowling on the wii wall. It was great fun and nice and relaxed with a beer for Kevin, wine for me, and snacks and drinks for the kids. We went to bed about 11pm and I jumped up into my princess and the pea sized bed. Wow it's comfy!

I woke at 4am, but managed to go back to sleep until 7am. Yee-ha! That's like a normal nights sleep! I got up and messed about making a cup of tea, opening all the blinds sorting out washing from the dryer etc. It was nice to be able to move about doing things instead of the creeping about in the dark as I have done every other morning while we shared hotel rooms.

Kieran surfaced just after 8am and came looking for cereal. Pretty much as soon as he finished this he had his swimming trunks on and we were taking the cover off the pool. Kevin got up about 8:30. Kevin isn't very good at doing nothing, or amusing himself and by 9:30 was already pacing about talking about going to the shops today. I on the other hand was determined I was sitting beside that pool, in the sun, reading my kindle. So I told him he could go if he wanted but this wummin was not moving. He eventually decided he would lie by the pool in the morning but might go out in the afternoon.

Kieran was a bit lost without his sister at first but split his time between the PlayStation and the pool until she got up.

We had decided to let Hannah sleep as long as it took for her to wake up. She was clearly exhausted yesterday and needed to let her wee body recharge. She eventually woke at 11:30, by which time the rest of us had already been sunbathing at the pool for a good couple of hours. The sun started to hit the pool about 9am and was in full sun by 10:30. It stayed that way all day until the sun started to go down behind the fence at 7pm. But of course in the summer months this would be much later as the sun will be higher.

We moved the music stand from the living room to just outside the door so we could hear the radio without having it blasting out inside the house.

And that was it. We just lay there all day. Kevin drove up to Publix at one point to pick up more bread and some Malibu and cranberry for me for later. And I face timed my mum and dad and gave them a tour round the villa. I read an entire book today. Bliss! Hannah played in the pool with Kieran and when he went for a go on the PlayStation she would FaceTime her friends back home.

Kevin eventually settled once he had been lying in the sun a while so contented himself that he wasn't going far.

It got to 6:30pm and we hummed and hawed over whether to go out for dinner or get a takeaway. This was decide for us when the kids point blank refused to leave the pool. Take away it is then!

Kevin just went to a Chinese we had seen up the road called 126 Chinese and got a Chinese chicken curry with rice and a sweet and sour chicken with rice. We shared this along with the rest of the chicken from last night.

It is now 8:30pm and the kids are splashing about in the pool with the light on that changes colour. I will add a few photos of that later as it gets darker and has more effect.

So it has been a chilled day in the sun which was just what we all needed.

Over dinner the others have decided they want out again tomorrow. It's another free day on the planner so there are a number of options. Shopping, water park, Disney Springs. We will wait and see.

Night all, Helen xx

Kevin and I had a go in the hot tub while the kids were in the pool. Magic!

Came in about 9pm for showers etc. I am a massive fan of the Diana Gabeldon books and so watched the outlander series last year. The new series has just started so we looked at the tv to see if we can get it.

Series 2 is there with the first 4 episodes but when we try to watch them it asks for a 4 digit parental control pin. I am so gutted! We checked everywhere in the house folder but the tv instructions seem to be for an older system, and there is definitely no PIN number noted anywhere. So close, but no Outlander for me 😥

scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
1 week Anna Maria then 15 nights Villa
Unread 18 Apr 16, 02:23 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by scottishnellie - 18 Apr 16 2:23 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 16, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
Imagineer

Mobile

Absolutely love 'pool days'-
Sound divine😄😄
Marriott Motel, I-Drive 1991, Marbella Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms & RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR & HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
I bagged a bargain!
Unread 18 Apr 16, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Sounds like a lovely relaxing day.
margyloveswdw is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Birthday in the Sun!
Unread 18 Apr 16, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
BriarRose
Imagineer

Mobile

You all needed a chilled day to recharge your batteries. Enjoy !

1998,1999,2001,2004 I Drive, 2005,2006 Pop Century, 2007 Newport Bay DLP, 2010, 2012 OKW 2013, 2014, 2015 SSR, 2016 Portofino Bay & IDrive
BriarRose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Idrive then POR with full DDP
Unread 18 Apr 16, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

JoJo88's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
What a lovely relaxing day, sounds like it was just what you needed, especially Hannah.

When we used to go all out and do all the parks, Simon used to be the one begging for a rest day but then within a couple of hours he'd be bored and wanting to go out!

Hope you have fun today whatever you end up doing, and I hope your day starts with a lie in! x
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
So much for not going this year!
Unread 18 Apr 16, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

This is making me so glad we chose a villa for our next trip! Gorgeous day 😄
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 18 Apr 16, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
closeder
slightly serious Dibber

Lovely relaxing day, hot tub looks wonderful, great to just chill after your busy days!

Index to my trip reports at link below, updating live
"Over the hill and sailing away March 2017"
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=36640
closeder is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Last minute Disney fix!
Orlando Attraction Tickets