Notices

Old 2 May 16, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Larajp
Excited about Disney

Florida 2016- The One With A Wedding- Day 6 Wedding Day!

So here it is- the one with the wedding!

Started off with me getting up and sorting my make up in peace! The plan was to head to Walmart salon at 9 as they had confirmed a stylist would be in to do an up do. Their prices were advertised from $30.

When we got there the stylist was a bit off, saying she was doing inventory today. After a colleague gave her a nudge she said she would do my hair but it would be $50. The cheapskate that I am, I politely declined!

We bought some yellow flowers for us to make two small bouquets and headed back to the hotel.

I did my hair the way I had practiced and it looked good enough from the front! Make up touched up I did mias hair. She wanted it down so I plaited it last night to give it waves and so hers was really simple!

One down, two to go!

Me and Lee then got dressed and took some pics for family back home. Once sent we were off!

So the journey to long wood took about 40 mins. The place we were married was called the secret garden, I think on google their under intimate garden weddings.

Gary and his wife live there and hold the ceremony's out the back next to the lake. It's so beautiful there and they were so nice and welcoming.

We walked down to the 'alter' together while Mia sat in the shade on a bench. She was so good. I think because there was so much to look at she was distracted for the 10 mins the ceremony took.

After that we spent about 30 mins having photos taken at different parts of the garden. We also had a video done to let our parents see. I think this will make me cringe! We were both cringing when they were telling us to walk there, look out to the lake etc. It'll keep our parents happy though.

So wedding done we headed back to Orlando, but dos stop for subway lol! Me and Mia are addicted to subway at home so was the perfect wedding meal!
Mia had her normal Italian BMT and me and Lee had the turkey & bacon. This was amazing. The turkey was like you have at Christmas, carved really thick and so tasty!

So that's it. Face book updated and as most didn't know it's pinging flat out with congratulations.

I'm tucking into my wedding cake (cinnamon bun!) which I've saved u til after wearing my dress so make sure it fitted! While writing my report.

Lee watching the Spurs game and Mia drawing, going down the pool with her in a bit while Lee shouts at the tv.

We have booked a table in maggianos tonight. I signed up to their club and got $10 off coupon which I hope we can use. I'll update food pics later!

Thanks you dibbers for your well wishes and help with all my questions and dilemmas over the wedding. You are fab!

Cheers! Few hours down the pool before it was time to get ready for our reservation at maggianos

We have never eaten here so we're looking forward.

We did share a starter, it was the special on (I forgot the name sorry!) but it was crispy fried shrimp with a tasty dip. This was good.
They also brought around bread and the waitress made a dip for it.

The waitress here was great. She explained everything well and wasn't pushy. She answered my questions about the different sauces and was happy to make suggestions.

Mia had spaghetti and meatball! It was huge, she barely managed half even though she loved it.

I had mama's lasagne. Delicious.

Lee had baked ziti. Again. Very tasty.

Lee helped finish mine and we were too full for dessert.

We shared a jug of sangria to toast the wedding, getting uber here and home.

Mia's meal came with a choice of lemon cookies or ice cream. She chose the cookies- there were three although she tucked right in before I took the pic. They were a bit like a shortbread with lemon icing on top.

We wanted to have a look around pointe Orlando before heading back as we had some great bargains in the Tommy Hilfiger shop last time, but a thunderstorm was brewing!

Within 20 mins it was pouring down. The first proper rain of the holiday. It absolutely tipped down and we were drenched getting in. At least it's not cold like at home.

Fingers crossed this storm passes by the morning as we have a day at discovery cove planned.

2004 / 2009/ 2009/ 2013 Mia's first visit to Disney / 2014 Orlando & Clearwater / 2016 Our wedding! Orlando & St Pete's - Photo trippie done / May 2018 Orlando & Fort Myers beach on Estero Island/ 2019 Big family Disney trip/ 2020 sneaky week
Larajp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 16, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
2anddone
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Congratulations love both of your dresses. Can't believe how miserable the person in Walmart was! Enjoy the rest of your special day
2anddone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 16, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Congratulations! Your dress was perfect for the occasion
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 16, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Awww congratulations, you all look beautiful. Lovely day x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 16, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Congratulations, what a lovely couple you make and a beautiful family, I bet your daughter loved being a part of it all.
We ate at maggianos a couple of weeks ago and they honoured our voucher... I'd be tempted to mention its your wedding day too it was so nice in there I'm sure they would like to make it extra special for you, the theming was very nice as we walked in you could maybe get a couple of photos in your wedding outfits?
Enjoy and every happiness for the future 💍👰❤️
Sam x
Edited to add forgot to say how pretty you and your daughter looked 😳

Edited at 09:34 PM.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 16, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Congratulations your dress is lovely as was your daughters
Old 2 May 16, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Fabulous.you all look gorgeous.congrats ❤️
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 16, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Grapesoda
Apprentice Imagineer

Massive congratulations, you all looked fantastic! I'm really enjoying your report.

DLP Jan 2014 ~ Sante Fe
DLP Jan 2015 ~ Cheyenne
Pretrip report Here
Report in progress Here
Food Report ~ Here
Grapesoda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 16, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Huge congratulations you all looked lovely and the place you got married is gorgeous...have an amazing evening xx
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 16, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Aww congrats, you all look great, your dress is beautiful
3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List