VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
The Land Sea and Wedding Trip Oct 2015 - Day 10 Swimming, Helicopter Ride, Epcot & Yacht Pt 2

The Land Sea and Wedding Trip Oct 2015 - Day 10, Swimming, a Helicopter Ride, Epcot Around the World and the Wishes Cruise, attempt 2!

The previous day is HERE

Tuesday 20th October 2015

I was awake early this morning, just after 7am. Madison and Kaley had a lie in which was good, and woke around 7.45pm. We took our time getting ready and I packed all the new stuff that I had bought and wouldn't be needing.

My favourite American breakfast

All the men got ready and left to go and do a helicopter ride. They were aiming to get there for 9am, when it opened according to the website, however, it turned out that it was only 9am if you booked in advance, so they had to wait a little while.

The rest of us were ready to go just after 10am and walked to the main swimming pool. It wasn't very busy and we were able to get some sun loungers right by the pool.

To use up some counter service credits and to have a taste, we had some breakfast from Goods to Go. We got two croissant sandwiches ($6.49 each) and a bounty platter ($6.79), and some kids French toast sticks ($4.99)along with three orange juices ($3.99 each).

This should have cost $36.73 but we used 4 counter service credits instead. This was ok but I don't think I'd have anything again.

Someone sent this on our WhatsApp group

We didn't dress like this the next day!

It was now time to swim. The weather wasn't overly great and it was a bit overcast, so I was very reluctant to go in!

I did go in after taking lots of photos. Madison and Kaley loved it, they both love swimming and had lots of fun.

I lasted a while then went into the hot tub for a bit with Kaley. Madison stayed in the pool with Mum.

We all got out of the pool and lounged for a bit

Not long after, all the guys came back from their helicopter ride. They had all really enjoyed it. Here are some of the photos

Continued in next post

COMPLETE - Another Birthday Trip, October 2019
COMPLETE - The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015
COMPLETE - Danielle's Report of her Wedding Day
COMPLETE - Five Little Ones Take the Adults!
The link to the post with my Christmas reveal is HERE
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 Lindfields Villa/01 Quality Inn Plaza/04 Hampton Lakes Villa/07 Honeymoon ASMo & RPR/Xmas 08 Highlands Reserve Villa/10 KV-VB-RPR&BLT/13 SSR/15 OKW, KV and Disney Dream/17 DLP/19 POR

Edited at 05:31 PM.
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 16, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Continued from previous post

We decided to have a wander around the pool area, of course taking lots of photos

Pool area

Baby/toddler pool

Sandcastle

This is just to the side of the main pool

Sandy play area

Madison and Kaley had a play

Then we played in the hammocks

Phil took this from a raised area near to hammocks and play area

After spending some time playing, we went back to the pool area so that Phil could take the girls swimming again

Whilst they were swimming, I went to the Conch Flats General Store to have a look around. I noticed they had a post box outside so bought a postcard ($1.95) and some stamps ($1.20) to send back to Madison's school.

I went back to sit by the pool and we had two lovely ladies come over to us, one was a Brit who was going home and had a box of unopened crisps that she gave to us, and the other game us some balloons, some of which escaped almost immediately! The girls were out of the pool by now.

It was around about 12 noon by now so we relaxed for a while longer, before deciding to start making our way back.

Balloon escaping

We took lots more photos on the way

Lighthouse

Flag decoration

Conch Flats Community Hall

Continued in next post

00 Lindfields Villa/01 Quality Inn Plaza/04 Hampton Lakes Villa/07 Honeymoon ASMo & RPR/Xmas 08 Highlands Reserve Villa/10 KV-VB-RPR&BLT/13 SSR/15 OKW, KV and Disney Dream/17 DLP/19 POR

Edited at 06:56 PM.
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 16, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

Gurgling Suitcase

Outside the General Store area

Near the boat dock

More pics as we were walking back

I do think this is a beautiful resort, as the pictures show, but I much preferred Saratoga Springs. I felt it had a better flow to walk around and the main pool area at SSR was so much better.

We got back to the villa at about 12.45pm. I still love the car we had

Mousekeeping were in when we got back which was a bit of a pain for us and her so we left her an extra $5 as she had a bit of waiting around for us. We all had showers and baths and got ready to go back out again. We were leaving for Epcot at 1.40pm and parking in Create 40 by 1.50pm. (Another plus for OKW was its close proximity to the parks.)

We had just missed a tram so we walked to the entrance.

We stopped inside to take some photos

There was no queue for Spaceship Earth so Mum and Dad decided to have a go. They told us to go ahead but we knew they would never find us and probably wouldn't be able to catch up so we waited for them where these things are

Madison decided to take a seat on the floor

You can never have enough photos of the Epcot ball

We picked up some Food and Wine Passports while we were waiting

Ryan and Bethany, 2015

Ryan and Bethany, 2008

Not much difference in 7 years and I'm sure this was taken in Fountain View in Epcot.

Sometime while we were waiting, Dan messaged asking where we were and I replied letting her know. Unfortunately, I didn't realise 'til ages later that the message didn't actually send and they had no idea where we were.

We waited ages for Mum and Dad and eventually, Phil and Ryan decided to each go one way around the ball to check they weren't waiting somewhere else. Typically, a couple of minutes later, Mum and Dad came out. Phil and Ryan were then just a couple of minutes later and I'm sure they had a Michael MacIntyre-esque skipping race back to us!

Finally all together, except Dan and Dave who at this point I didn't realise hadn't got my message, we walked through to World Showcase to start eating around the world.

Continued in next post

Edited at 03:20 PM.
Old 20 May 16, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

We decided to go towards the right first, going anti-clockwise around the World. Our first stop was Scotland

Mum had the Fresh Potato Pancake with Scottish smoked salmon and herb sour cream ($4.25) and the Seared Sea Scallop with spinach cheddar gratin and crispy bacon ($4.75). She used two snack credits on these and enjoyed them

Next up was Hawaii

I had the Kalua Pork Slider with sweet and sour Dole pineapple chutney and spicy mayonnaise ($4.00). I used a snack credit for this and really enjoyed it. I was worried the mayo may have been too spicy for me but it wasn't

We went to the Desserts and Champagne kiosk next

We had the Cream Soda Float ($4.50) and used another snack credit.

I don't recall ever using one of these Friendship boats to get across to the other side of World Showcase

Phil took a few photos

The next stop was one I had been looking forward to, the Refreshment Port

Since seeing it, I knew I had to try the Croissant Donut with cinnamon and sugar ($4.99). We used a snack credit on this too.

This was so worth it! It was so delicious and we all had a taste of this. It was an excellent use of a snack credit and we probably should have got another.

Next on our walk around was Greece

We had the Chicken Gyro with tzatziki sauce ($4.25), using another snack credit

This was good. Phil really liked it so I only had a taste of it. I didn't want to eat too much as I had been looking forward to getting to the next booth since our last trip in 2013. CANADA

I had read on the dibb before going that there had been changes to the dining plan and you could use a counter service credit for 3 snacks so I was about to test this out. They were aware of the changes and I was able to get two of the 'Le Cellier' Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with truffle butter sauce ($7.50 each) and a Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup ($4.25) using one counter service credit. It probably wasn't the best use value wise but it was the best use for us for what we got

The steak was as incredible as I remembered it. It was so tender and melted in your mouth as it was eaten. The soup was good but I find it has a bit of a kick to it that I don't care for. I could easily have gotten a couple more portions of the steak but there were lots of other things I wanted to try so I manged to restrain myself.

Phil also got himself a Moosehead beer ($3.75) as he loves this and had also been looking forward to it since 2013.

We took more photos while we had stopped to eat

We had said before coming on holiday that we wanted to at least try and look around some of the countries so we started with Canada

We finished looking around Canada, steering clear of O'Canada , and carried on walking around the World.

Continued in next post

Edited at 03:37 PM.
Old 20 May 16, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

Our next stop was Ireland

Here we had the Warm Chocolate Pudding with Kerrygold Irish cream liqueur custard ($3.50), using another snack credit.

This was good but being a non-alcohol drinker, I didn't like the sauce and preferred the pudding on its own.

Dan and Dave caught us up and it was now that we realised the earlier message I had sent hadn't actually sent. Thankfully they weren't too annoyed with us for abandoning them.

We had a look in the UK pavillion, admiring how we all live and shop! The prices are obviously very high too.

Once we had finished looking around, we went past the International Gateway and into France, where we stopped at the France booth.

We used a counter service credit again to get two (one was for Mum) Boeuf Bourguignon - braised short ribs in cabernet sauvignon with mashed potatoes ($5.95 each) and a Crème Brulee Vanille Chocolat - vanilla and chocolate crème brulee topped with caramelized sugar ($4.35).

The beef was really good, really tasty and cooked well. I wasn't keen on the chocolate creme brulee, give me a regular one any day.

We had a look around the France pavillion. As soon as Phil saw L'Artisan des Glaces, he had to go in and get something. He had a scoop of strawberry sorbet ($4.22) and really liked it. I'm sure he had to share it with Madison and Kaley too. We used a snack credit for this too.

We had a look at the Brazil and Belgium booths but didn't like the look of anything so continued on until we got to Morocco.

We had the Kefta Pocket - seasoned ground beef in a pitta pocket ($5.00) and used a snack credit. This was also good, very tasty.

I'm sure it rained a little bit now, so we stopped and sheltered for a few minutes, taking more photos

After sitting for a few minutes, we continued on our journey around the World.

We stopped for some Photopass pictures

Next up was the Japan pavillion.

We didn't have anything to eat here but did stop and listen to/watch the Taiko drummers. They were really good and ended up being helpful with Madison's recent homework topic! Her topic was Beat, Band, Boogie and one of the suggestions for homework was about drums so she was able to write about this. See, a Disney holiday is definitely educational!

We took some more photos

Before walking to the USA area. Everyone found a table outside the Liberty Inn

And I went in to get Madison and Kaley some 'proper' food.

I got the All American Burger with fries ($14.49), a fruit pot ($3.79) and a bottle of water ($2.75) and used a counter service credit. Sorry, I don't have photos. We all sat outside whilst they ate this and listened to Air Supply who were today's Eat to the Beat entertainers.

Once they had finished eating, we carries on walking slowly round, still listening to Air Supply, and then stopped at the Italy booth

I had the Ravioli alla Caprese - cheese ravioli, tomato sauce, mozzarella, parmesan and basil ($6.00). This was good but I was starting to get full now and didn't enjoy it as much as I would have done if I was hungrier

We carried on to the Germany pavillion and watched the model trains for a while, before going in to Karamell-Kuche

It was busy in here as usual and we waited quite a while. Thankfully, as always, it was completely worth the wait. SMILE I got a milk chocolate covered caramel with salt ($3.99), a caramel pecan cookie ($3.99), a milk chocolate and caramel covered marshmallow wand ($4.49) and a large bag of caramel popcorn ($5.99). I used 4 snack credits for these. I didn't photograph these but the lovely lady serving us gave me two small chocolate and caramel covered marshmallows for free for Madison and Kaley to have

We carried on around the World and stopped at the Australia booth

They had something on their menu that I had also been looking forward to since 2013 - the Grilled Lamb Chop with mint pesto and potato crunchies ($6.75), again using a snack credit.

This was also as good as I remembered it. It was so delicious, the lamb was cooked to perfection and the pesto and potato crunchies complimented it perfectly.

This was the last booth we stopped at. There were quite a few we skipped that we weren't interested in on our way around but had pretty much tried something at all of the ones we wanted to stop at. I would definitely recommend going at this time of year to be able to go to the Food and Wine Festival. We love it and would go at the same time every year just to be able to go here.

Phil got this great picture

We were now in our rearranged 6.25-7.25pm Fast Pass window for Test Track so went over there. Bethany and Piper weren't going on and Madison decided she didn't want to either so she stayed with them.

We joined the line at 7pm and were off by 7.20pm. I hadn't been sure of the whole designing your own car part but we all enjoyed this bit. Soon, we were going through to join the line to get in a car. Kaley sat in between Phil and I and Dan, Dave and Ryan sat behind us. Kaley was a bit uncertain to start with but ended up loving it, yay.

I love this ride so I was so happy that she liked it too. She loved the bit where you go outside and go really fast. She was giggling through lots of it, too. Phil was very excited that our car won!

Continued in next post

Edited at 03:50 PM.
Old 20 May 16, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

We walked through the interactive area and met Bethany, Piper and Madison in there. There were the cars you could get in and there were also some sections with cameras so we decided to take some silly pictures, the big kids we all are!

This was lots of fun. :pig:

I think Mum and Dad had already gone on ahead to the Grand Floridian as they didn't come on Test Track with us but the rest of us all went our separate ways now, before meeting up again in a short while.

I have written that Phil, Madison and Kaley went to Club Cool again and I went to the pin station in the middle of Innoventions East and West to get Kaley a Test Track pin ($7.95) and a Food and Wine Festival pin ($14.95).

Phil took a photo of the fountains

Another of the ball

And then we had a last PP picture on the way out

We walked back to the car and were on our way to the Grand Floridian just before 8pm, driving through the Magic Kingdom entrance a few minutes later.

We drove into the Grand Floridian car park at 8.10pm and parked in the car park next to the DVC building

We went through to the main lobby, walking this time, not running!, and whatsapped Mum to find out where they were. The reply took ages to come through though, so we just sat inside waiting. At 8.45pm we decided to head round to the Captain's Shipyard and saw Mum and Dad sitting outside Gasparilla's. We walked down to the boat dock and Michelle, Jamie, Sydney, Kori and Saxon arrived a few minutes later, with all the others arriving a few minutes after that.

Our captains this time were Mark and Ron. They helped us all aboard the Grand One Yacht and we went inside.

They had given us chocolate covered strawberries

Cookies (biscuits)

Champagne

And loads of crisps, water and soda, all complimentary due to the problems the week before. (They were in the basket behind the champagne bottles, and there was also another full basket the other side, as well as a full fridge.) This was so unexpected and was such a lovely touch.

By 9pm, we were already off out on the Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake

I was able to enjoy this and appreciate it so much better this time. We were just sailing all around the water, going near the Grand Floridian, Magic Kingdom, the Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge. It was beautiful seeing everything all lit up and we had such a great time.

Phil got some more pictures of the inside.

Second bedroom

Master bedroom

Bathrooms

And a picture of the 6 kids in the master bedroom

We saw the Water Parade again, a few times as we kept going around

Still, we kept sailing around, the time seemed to be going so slow which was brilliant, we didn't want the evening to end.

Continued in next post

Edited at 04:00 PM.
Old 20 May 16, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

A lovely view of the castle and train station

Soon, it was time to moor up and go outside ready for HalloWishes to start at 10pm.

When Dan and Dave were offered the chance for us all to do this again, we weren't sure whether to do the Tuesday and see HalloWishes or do the Wednesday and see Wishes again. With how our plans were, today worked best and after seeing HalloWishes again, I am so glad we went with the Tuesday. The show was incredible, I had forgotten how amazing this was.

Also, the music worked this time, yay!

Lots more fireworks pictures

And wow, the 180 degree fireworks

These were amazing, we really had an excellent view being out on the water and got the full effect of them.

Our time on the yacht still wasn't up, the captains took us round some more and it was 10.30pm when we docked. We gave $10 towards tipping them. This had been another incredible experience and one we will never forget.

We walked back to the car and were on our way back just after 10.40pm. Madison and Kaley went straight to bed when we got back, 11pm, and we followed not long after as we were very tired after a superb day.

Excluding the breakfast credits, we used 14 snack credits and 3 counter service credits on our eating around the World journey, all of which were completely worth it.

Up next, day 11 - Hollywood Studios, Hollywood and Vine and the Florida Mall is HERE

DINING PLAN ROUND UP - 44/48 Table Service used, 29/48 Counter Service used and 21/48 Snack Credits used

**I put these next two photos in my PB account for today but I think they were actually taken on day 5 but wanted to share them anyway as we waited a while for Phil to get them.

There were actually another 20 photos taken in between these two shots!**

Edited at 04:05 PM.
Old 20 May 16, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
VIP Dibber

The thought of a helicopter ride absolutly terrifies me but the pictures are amazing!

I want Kaley's dress and Madison looks SO grown up in that outfit! They both look like teenagers in the picture in Canada!

Amazing view of the fireworks and brilliant photos.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 16, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Jesslydevie1
Very Serious Dibber

Oh what an experience on the yacht ,something I am going to look into doing ,so jealous of all your dining around the world ,I can't decide which I liked the best !
Old 21 May 16, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Queen_Elsa
Imagineer

Brilliant pictures! Looks like you all had a fab day. We're going to brave it this year and do a helicopter ride, can't wait to see it all from up in the air!

Port Orleans Riverside 2014
Caribbean Beach 2015
Caribbean Beach 2016
Caribbean Beach 2017... Now Animal Kingdom Lodge
Queen_Elsa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List