VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
The Land Sea and Wedding Trip Oct 2015 - Day 11 Hollywood Studios, Hollywood and Vine & Florida Mall

The Land Sea and Wedding Trip Oct 2015 - Day 11, Hollywood Studios, Hollywood and Vine and the Florida Mall

The previous day is HERE.

Wednesday 21st October 2015

I woke at 7.45am this morning and everyone else was still asleep. I got up and went onto MDE on my phone to have a look at our Fast Passes. I changed the ones for tomorrow to Big Thunder Mountain 10.10-11.10am, Tomorrowland Speedway 11.20-12.20pm and Enchanted Tales with Belle 12.30-1.30pm. The rides we had originally FP'd for tomorrow we had already ridden so I wanted to change them.

I had already changed our FPs for today on Monday, when we decided we wanted extra time in HS. Our FPs were for Star Tours 10.40-11.40am, The great Movie Ride 12-1pm and Voyage of the Little Mermaid 2.40-2.55pm.

Madison woke around 8.10am and Phil was up soon after. Kaley had a good lie-in and woke at 8.30am. They had breakfast and we all got ready, Madison wearing another bargain dress from Osh Kosh. Full price $26, purchased for $3.99! We were on our way to HS around 9.50am.

We pulled into the car park just after 10am and parked in Film 28, right at the far end of the row. The tram was full as we got to it so we walked to the entrance instead. We went in the side entrance, on the left hand side, and there was no one there so we were through very quickly.

We stopped for some PP pics on the way

Magic shot

We were going to go straight to Toy Story Mania to use a free FP but the line for Daisy, where the hat used to be, was short so we jumped in that instead.

After a couple of minutes, Daisy was replaced with Pluto but we decided to stay and saw him a few minutes later

Hugs

Signing their books

And posing

We went over to join the line for Chip and Dale next and had about a 20 minute wait to see them. Phil took photos while we were waiting

The time passed quite quickly and it was soon our turn

Signing their books

And posing for a photo

They were great fun and the girls loved seeing the cheeky little chipmunks SMILE

Continued in next post

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23

Edited at 05:21 PM.
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 16, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Continued from previous post

After we had finished seeing Chip and Dale, we walked back over to join the line to see Daisy. We hadn't been waiting long when it started raining (10.55am I noted). Not a lot, but enough to clear a lot of people from the line. Kaley jumped in the pushchair

And Madison's poncho came out (for the first time)

The rain barely lasted a couple of minutes but had cleared all of the people in front of us so we were now first in line.

Phil had been to take a few more photos

Stitch walked past on his way to his meet and greet

And at 11am, Daisy was out and the girls got to see her

She was good fun and the girls enjoyed meeting her. We had a photo near the Animation Courtyard entrance

Then walked to Pixar Place, again stopping for PP pics

We went straight to Toy Story Mania to use one of today's free FPs

Silly glasses picture

We were quickly through the queue until we got to the top of where the stairs go back down to the ride. Madison and I went together (Mr Potato Head car) and Phil and Kaley went together (Woody car).

Kaley and Phil's scores

And mine and Madison's

I may have been very excited at winning! I really wanted to go straight back on and use another free FP but Madison and Kaley didn't want to

A quick picture

Before we went to One Man's Dream

The exhibits in here are amazing. We all loved looking at everything in here and Phil took loads of photos, though I won't share all of them

The bear from Honey I Blew Up The Kid

I loved the models of all the icons, they looked amazing. As we got to the end of the exhibit, the doors were opening for a 10 minute preview of The Good Dinosaur. This was good and looked really funny. (We have since seen this and enjoyed it.)

Continued in next post

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults

Edited at 05:29 PM.
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 16, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

We went for a wander

And found ourselves at the Mike and Sully character meet as the line was quite short

Waiting in line

Our turn

I have written that this was a very quick meet. The girls still enjoyed it though.

We went out towards the Streets of America area

The Osborne Lights in place but not ready to be turned on yet

On my list of snack credit locations to try, after going through the Disney Food Blog, was Herbie's Drive In

The s'mores had caught my eye and I definitely wanted to try them

I got a frozen lemonade cooler $3.99

And a s'mores ($4.49)

We used 2 snack credits for these.

These were both so good, I knew Phil and the girls would enjoy the frozen lemonade but I was surprised at how much Phil liked the s'mores. We were very tempted to get a second portion but refrained as we had a lunch ADR coming up.

It started to rain again so we went and sheltered under the Youse Guys Moychindice canopy

There were quite a few people who sheltered in here, including a lady with a dog. The dog didn't look like a service dog and had nothing on it to indicate that it was so I'm not too sure what was going on. It also reminded me that we had seen quite a few people in Epcot the day before with dogs too. I don't know if they were service dogs or were just permitted for some reason?

Anyway, after a short while, the rain stopped so we carried on looking around

We nipped in the Christmas shop but didn't get anything, then went to the toilets near to Muppet Vision

We made our way to the Animation area to see when the next Voyage of the Little Mermaid was but it was at 1.20pm, the same time as our lunch ADR so we gave it a miss.

We went to Beverly Sunset and bought an M&M marshmallow wand ($4.99), an Olaf marshmallow wand ($4.99) and a chocolate s'more ($4.99), and we used 3 snack credits. (Pictures later in the day.)

We walked back down towards the main entrance, taking photos and looking in the different shops

Look at that sky!

I bought a Hollywood Studios clapboard magnet from Mickeys of Hollywood for $9.99 and Madison and Kaley each had a baby Pluto teddy wrapped in a blanket (on offer at $39.95 for the two). I also went into Guest Relations to try and get some Disney Dollars. The line was short and within minutes, I had bought a $10 note and $1 note, both designs I hadn't purchased before. Knowing now that they have been discontinued, I'm glad I got these and wish I had got them from the other parks too.

Continued in next post

Edited at 05:36 PM.
Old 28 May 16, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

It was now almost time for our 1.20pm ADR at Hollywood and Vine so we went that way

The others were all arriving too, so we quickly checked in and sat on the benches outside to wait

We didn't wait long before our pager was going and we were being shown into the restaurant and being given our menus, though I think they were just drink menus

Our table

Some photos

Our server was Angee and she quickly got our drinks and told us to head up to the buffet for food. We went up and very quickly had to come back as Sofia was already at our table!

She was good and the girls liked seeing her, especially Kaley as she loves Sofia the First.

We went back up to get some food as we couldn't see any of the other characters near our table

Food photo overload, I took photos of all of the food they had!

On the kids station

My notes say that the food was ok and that I liked the roast beef and the garlic mashed potatoes. There was a lot of choice, as shown in the pictures, and it was pretty average really.

We had all visited the buffet a couple of times and had finished our 'mains' (we hadn't had dessert yet) and we hadn't seen another character yet. A little while later, Jake came to our table

He liked seeing his page in their books

Doc McStuffins wasn't far behind Jake but as she finished at the table behind us, she had to go off and do the dance thing they do!

Waiting patiently

Once that was finished, Doc came straight back to our table

Quickly followed by Handy Manny

Continued in next post

Edited at 05:43 PM.
Old 28 May 16, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

Kaley and Piper earlier sharing food

As we had now seen all the characters, we went up to get some desserts

Ice cream

I have written that these were not the best desserts. It was a case of them looking more appetising than they actually were.

We had asked for the bill and this had been brought over. The cost of this per adult was $37.99 and per child was $22.99 so should have cost us $121.96 plus tax, however, we used our last 4 table service credits. Our share of the tip was $22, which we paid in cash.

I think we were all quite disappointed in Hollywood and Vine as soon as we sat down. It was very cafeteria-like with the tables and chairs, especially the ones we were sat at, as was the buffet area. We were also one table away from the corridor through to the toilets, so we constantly had people going past us, which none of us liked, and there wasn't much room at all. Though the characters were good, we all felt it was very frantic and wouldn't visit here again. We were all also surprised to find that this restaurant and Prime Time Café shared the same toilets, which weren't big enough for one restaurant, let alone two.

Madison and Kaley stopped for a photo in front of the Disney Junior Play n Dine backdrop

Then had a couple of pictures outside

We still had two free FPs so we had to go to Toy Story Mania again! We got to walk up the right hand side of the queue, that not many get shown to for some reason, and walked all the way to the front of the line. Mum and Dad said they would take Madison and Kaley on so Phil and I went on together (our car was Wheezy). I had SO much fun on this! I beat Phil overall and in 4 of the 5 games we played, yay!

Obviously, I HAD to make a massive deal of this and delighted in telling everyone that I had won!

Now was finally the time to get some photos of all 16 of us, something we hadn't yet managed to do in a park. We went towards the entrance and found a photographer with no line. He was Danny and he was excellent. He took so many photos and was happy to do any combination we wanted.

All of us

Kaley and Kori

Madison and Sydney

Mum and Dad had a photo with their grandchildren

And then Dan and Dave did too

As usual, Phil was taking photos at the same time. I have no idea what these two (best friends) were talking about, but from some of the photos, it looks like counting was involved

Continued in next post

Edited at 05:50 PM.
Old 28 May 16, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

More best friends

Getting ready to pose for more photos

The PP photographer then said he had a photo he wanted to try with the five girls. I didn't realise to start with what he was trying to do but it turned out really well.

Heart shaped

Phil got more pictures too

Thinking about it now, I should have stopped in Guest Services to mention Danny as he really had been great and got so many great photos for us.

We decided to leave now, with Phil getting one last photo on the way out

We decided to get the tram back to the car with Mum and Dad

We were in the car and on our way out of the car park at 3.35pm. We stopped at the Speedway gas station across from the exit of Hollywood Studios and near to the Boardwalk entrance. I went in and paid $50 as I wasn't sure how much it would be. It actually only cost us $30.95 to fill it up. For those interested in too much detail, it took 15.48 gallons to fill it up (I don't know how much we had actually used) and the price was $1.99 per GALLON! If I remember correctly, the difference did end up getting refunded to my FairFx card.

We drove towards the I4 to go to Florida Mall. Once we hit Sand Lake Road, the traffic was really heavy. It took quite a while to get to the Florida Mall turning but didn't pass any reason for what the hold-up was. Maybe it was just sheer volume of traffic.

We were parking at 4.30pm and started looking around the shops. I was a bit disappointed to start with. They had no kids Uggs I wanted in Journeys and I didn't like anything in Macy's. We went to Journeys Kidz and was finally able to get each of the girls some Uggs. Kaley had the chocolate Bailey buttons ($99.99 plus $6.50 tax) and Madison had the regular chestnuts ($119.99 plus $7.80 tax).

We went and had a look in Abercrombie Kids next. Usually I look in here and think the stuff is lovely but a bit too expensive for what I prefer to pay but this time I decided that we hadn't really spent much money on the girls, and still had a lot of spending money left, so decided to treat them to some of the really pretty dresses they had. They were $49.95 each plus tax and we got them three dresses each. They had these which were their Christmas Day dresses

And these ones, the same but opposite colourways

And these

They have worn these so many times, they were definitely worth the money.

After this was my first visit to Bath and Body Works. I can't believe I have never been in here before! I could have spent hours in here but knew that Phil wouldn't like that! I ended up getting 15 of the pocketbac hand sanitizers as they were on offer of 5 for $6 and a small Be Joyful mini perfume that was on offer for $5. Total of $23 plus tax and again, worth every cent. I use the hand gels every day and love them.

Next up was Hollister for the aftershave they spray on all the clothes ($38 plus tax) as Phil and I both love this. Phil also got himself a hoody but I don't have the receipt for this.

We were feeling a bit hungry now so we went to the new food court that was there. Madison wanted a Subway so had a 6" turkey and ham ($4.50) and shared with Kaley. Phil wanted a burger so went to Five Guys. He had a burger with bacon, mayo, lettuce and tomato ($7.79), fries ($3.79) and a regular diet coke ($2.39), a total of $14.88 including tax

This was really good and he enjoyed the whole thing. I'm sure Kaley and Madison helped him with it too.

I wanted something different so went to Asian Chao and had a 2 item combo ($8.19). I had double orange chicken with vegetable rice.

This was so good, the chicken was amazing. I was so glad I chose this and thought the price was excellent for the portion size I had.

A very successful meal finished, we let Madison and Kaley have the marshmallow wands they had chosen earlier in Hollywood Studios

We nipped into Game Stop so Phil could get some Disney Infinity bits then went back to the car. We were home by 8.10pm. We put the girls straight to bed but they messed about for a while. I imagine they weren't tired enough to go to sleep.

Everyone else got back about 5 minutes after we did. I got everything ready for the next day, sorted out the drying that had been done, tidied a bit, washed up and showed each other what we had bought. I had a look online at Bath and Body Works and really wanted to place an order but I couldn't get the voucher code I had to work.

We were in bed around 11.45pm.

Day 12 - Magic Kingdom, Be Our Guest, Walking around the Magic Kingdom Resort Area and Trails End is HERE

DINING PLAN ROUND UP - 48/48 Table Service used, 29/48 Counter Service used and 26/48 Snack Credits used

Edited at 06:09 PM.
Old 28 May 16, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Your group pics are so lovely, and all the different combos are sweet.
Hollywood and Vine looks like hell, but at least the kids were happy meeting the characters!
vics18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 16, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Another great day! I totally don't remember the rain though, but I was a hungover mess haha!

Absolutely love all the family photos. Such great memories captured there!

Shake your meal at H&V wasn't great! I've read a lot of ropey reviews on that place!

I only discovered bath & body works this year and totally loved it too! Xxxx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 16, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Another lovely day - shame about your meal I had quite fancied the festive one but not so sure now.

Lovely photos pass pics xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 16, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Another fab day Lisa full of lovely character meets. Shame about your meal, we visited H&V many years ago and didn't rate our experience there. Was tempted to go back for the Minnie character meal but decided against it.

You've got loads of great photopass photo's. Fab family memories for you all xx
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List