Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Another Amazing Adventure - Day 13 - 15th April 2016

Friday. A just a couple of days before the end of our holiday. Time to visit Epcot again.

This time we weren't quite so focused on the Flower Festival but just re-rode our favourite rides.

Like Spaceship Earth.

It's a simple ride but one I love. To me, the Big Ball is the most iconic site at Walt Disney World and the fact that there's a ride inside is just the icing on the cake.

Also, we're one of the few people who love Ellen's Energy Adventure (well, someone has to). I don't know why other people don't rate it very highly.

Duck!

Oh, ok. Here's one last photo of flowers.

It wasn't quite so sunny today. But thankfully it wasn't raining (yet). Also, it wasn't too busy either.

For lunch we ate in Sunshine Seasons in the Land pavilion. They do some wonderful meals there and lots of scrummy cakes.

I had the sweet and sour chicken and chocolate cake, whilst Hannah had the chicken salad, Michelle had the large sandwich and creamy coleslaw, and they both shared the carrot cake. I had a posh coffee and Michelle had a standard coffee. All for 3 QS meal credits.

We still had loads of meal credits left and we knew we weren't going to use them all before we left.

Onwards and a quick go on the Journey into Imagination ride. The song is catchy, Figment is cute, but the rest of ride is generally average.

Time to park hop.

At the International Gateway exit between the UK and France pavilions, we thought we'd go and see the Boardwalk area and then visit Hollywood Studios. The Friendship boats are like another ride - better than the Country Bear Jamboree!

Whilst waiting for the boat to arrive I opened up the Disney app and booked a fastpass for the Great Movie Ride. I have to say, we found the new changes to the Fastpass+ system an excellent addition. Being able to book a 4th fastpass on your phone for a different park makes things a lot easier.

We hopped off the boat at the first stop...

...the Boardwalk area.

To be honest, there wasn't a lot going on here. And as we'd already eaten a large lunch, we didn't want anything else to eat. Certainly not the kitchen sink.

We did look around the resort shop though. And then went for a walk.

A nice view.

Boardwalk is pretty close to Epcot.

The Dolphin hotel on the walk along the river towards Hollywood Studios.

And the Swan hotel (I think).

Hollywood Studios in the distance. We're getting closer.

Tower of Terror from the side.

At Hollywood Studios we used our fourth fastpass on the Great Movie Ride and then booked another fastpass for Star Tours. There were no fastpasses left for TSMM and we didn't fancy joining the standby queue.

We also had another look in the Star Wars Launch Bay. There, I bought a lightsaber. Because you have to.

Dinner time - time for yet more food!

This time Darth Vader waffles and fried chicken. Yup.

And, for dessert, a BB-8 cupcake.

Nomnomnomnom...

I can't remember whether I'd posted this before but here's a photo of a Darth Vader cupcake. I love the fact that they've added a red lightsaber (made out of red chocolate).

We'd come to Hollywood Studios a couple of days ago to watch the Star Wars fireworks but it had rained. Lots. So we'd come to HS again today to try a second time. Of course, it started raining *again*. Only the second time during our holiday - what were the chances!

Thankfully, the rain wasn't very heavy and stopped before the fireworks started. So we did manage to see them. And, oh my goodness, am I glad we did. The Star Wars fireworks were amazing! Easily the best fireworks at Disney. The synchronisation with the music was excellent and the final minute was just epic. So many booms and bangs! It's just a pity it was over so quickly.

Anyway, once we'd recovered from the onslaught of fireworks we headed back to the buses, to CBR, and to bed.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 16, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Nimbus - 12 Jun 16 8:36 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 16, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
tikka234
Imagineer

We're did you have star wars waffles do the y h ave other simular things
tikka234 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

That sounds like a great day of just doing the things you love. I can't wait to see the Star Wars fireworks at some point in the future, everyone seems to be raving about them.
Old 13 Jun 16, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A great day

Joan
Old 13 Jun 16, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by tikka234 View Post
We're did you have star wars waffles do the y h ave other simular things
The Star Wars waffles were from the Backlot Express quick service restaurant at Hollywood Studios. They also sell a couple of other Star Wars related food items - the cupcakes I've posted above and they also do a weird-looking black burger (I think this is supposed to be a Darth Vader / Kylo Ren burger or something. It didn't look very appetising).

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
That sounds like a great day of just doing the things you love. I can't wait to see the Star Wars fireworks at some point in the future, everyone seems to be raving about them.
The Star Wars fireworks are impressive, albeit short.

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A great day
Thanks all!

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Great trip report. Not eaten at sunshine seasons before but the food look good. Might try it this year.
Old 22 Jun 16, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Nice day with lots done!

So glad you got to see the fireworks! They are so impressive aren't they!

Where did you have the fried chicken and waffles? Looks good!
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 16, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Nice day with lots done!

So glad you got to see the fireworks! They are so impressive aren't they!

Where did you have the fried chicken and waffles? Looks good!
The Star Wars fireworks are indeed impressive!

The slightly weird combination of fried chicken and breakfast waffles were from the Backlot Express quick service restaurant at the back of Hollywood Studios.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 24 Jun 16, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
emilou
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

ooh I did not know you could book a 4th fp and for another park. I always moan to DH about the fact you can't book for 2 parks which is a pain if you are park hopping. Thanks for that info!