VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Oct 2015 - Day 12, Magic Kingdom, Be Our Guest and Trails End

The Land Sea and Wedding Trip Oct 2015 - Day 12, Magic Kingdom, Be Our Guest, the Magic Kingdom Resort Area Walk and Trails End

The previous day is HERE.

Thursday 22nd October 2015

The alarm was set for just before 7am and we got up as soon as it went off. We had showers, got dressed, etc. and then had to wake Madison and Kaley at 7.40am. We got them ready and they had some breakfast before we all, with the exception of Mum and Dad, left at 8.30am to go to Magic Kingdom.

We were soon parked up in Aladdin 40 and walked again, as we were so close to the entrance. The monorail was running this morning, yay. We missed one but the next (black with red stripe) monorail came quickly after, though we did have a bit of a wait until it pulled away. We were in the park by 9.20am and went straight to the right of Town Square Theatre to join the line to see Snow White. A family joined straight after and they then closed the line so we had only just made it.

Getting their autograph books ready

Whilst we waited in the line, I asked Madison if she would go on Big Thunder Mountain and she said no. I really think she would like this, and I know Kaley definitely would, but the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train had really put her off. I changed the FP for this to Jungle Cruise instead.

We didn't have to wait too long before it was their turn to see Snow White and she was signing their autograph books

Then holding their hands to walk to her meet and greet area

She took a liking to Madison's Pooh Bear

And spent a lot of time talking to them

They posed for a picture

Then had a photo each on their own, along with a hug

I have to say, this was the best interaction we have ever had with any character. I mentioned on a previous day that I did a lot more recording this time and from when I pressed record, when she walked over to the girls, to when they waved goodbye to her and I pressed stop, I was recording for 6 MINUTES! We have never spent so long with one character before and she was amazing, both girls loved her. She spent so much time talking to them, both together and on their own, and it was so lovely to watch.

On a high after this, we decided to use one of our free FP's to see talking Mickey in the Town Square Theatre. The standby line was 50 minutes so we were happy to use a FP. We loved the theming in the waiting area here, it is so fun

Spare outfit

His trunk of magic tricks

Continued in next post

COMPLETE - Another Birthday Trip, October 2019
COMPLETE - The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015
COMPLETE - Danielle's Report of her Wedding Day
COMPLETE - Five Little Ones Take the Adults!
The link to the post with my Christmas reveal is HERE
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 Lindfields Villa/01 Quality Inn Plaza/04 Hampton Lakes Villa/07 Honeymoon ASMo & RPR/Xmas 08 Highlands Reserve Villa/10 KV-VB-RPR&BLT/13 SSR/15 OKW, KV and Disney Dream/17 DLP/19 POR

Edited at 03:10 PM.
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Continued from previous post

I don't remember how long we waited but Phil got this crystal ball photographed in three different colours so it must have been at least a short while

Waiting

Showing Mickey their teddies

He loved seeing Pluto. They had cuddles as usual

Then posed for a picture

They wanted Phil and I to join in and have a photo too so we did

This Mickey was lots of fun and it was the first time we had experienced the talking Mickey and we all liked it and thought it was really good and very clever. I love how he shouts out different types of cheese when the photographer says 'say cheese'.

Once outside, Phil took some more pictures

We had wanted to take a ride on this

But it was full so couldn't (even though one lady and child snuck past and jumped on )

We walking up Main Street, stopping for a PP picture on the way

It looks lovely and quiet in this picture

We made our way towards Adventureland

To use our FP for Jungle Cruise at 10.10am. The standby for this was 45 minutes so it wasn't as quiet as the previous picture suggests!

I liked the crew lunch menu

Our skipper was Colton and he was very cheesy, but on the funny side of it, not the cringey side.

After our ride through the jungle, we went this way

Not to ride this, OBVIOUSLY!, but to go and see Woody and Jessie, whose meet and greet is near to where you queue for the ride. The line for this was really long, and snaked back quite a bit, but Madison and Kaley wanted to see them so we waited. Typically, as we were near the front with only a few families in front of us, they had to go back to the 'toy box'. In fairness, they weren't gone long and we didn't have too much longer a wait.

Soon it was our turn and they were having their hugs

Signing their autograph books, which Woody was very pleased with

Posing for photos

They had one final hug

Before saying goodbye. This was another great experience and they were so fun, especially when they saw their pages in the books.

We were finished here at 11.15am and had actually been there for 40 minutes in total, which really is a long time! Had we known it was a 40 minute wait, I don't think we'd have stayed so it was probably good that we didn’t know in advance.

Continued in next post

00 Lindfields Villa/01 Quality Inn Plaza/04 Hampton Lakes Villa/07 Honeymoon ASMo & RPR/Xmas 08 Highlands Reserve Villa/10 KV-VB-RPR&BLT/13 SSR/15 OKW, KV and Disney Dream/17 DLP/19 POR

Edited at 03:38 PM.
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

We went to where Tiana's meet and greet is but I think her line had not long closed so we didn't wait. We took some castle photos on our way to Fantasyland

The line for the carousel was very short so we joined that. We only waited a few minutes before we were choosing our horses

It was 11.30am now and we were in our 11.20-12.20pm FP window for the Tomorrowland Speedway so that was our next stop. I went with Madison and Phil had Kaley

This was fun though I found it very bumpy and the steering was rubbish. Once we had ridden this, it was time to make our way over to Be Our Guest for our 12 noon lunch ADR. We got there and the others who were eating with us were there

Or so we thought! We went and checked in and then realised that Mum and Dad weren't there. Now, obviously, you aren't supposed to check in until everyone in your party is there so we had to pretend they were, which was fine until we were called to go through! Dan had managed to get hold of them and they were on their way over (they had not come to the park with us that morning) and would still be a few minutes so we found out what they wanted to eat so we could order it for them.

Picture before we went in

And more photos

The menu

We joined the very long line inside to order our food. We hadn't chosen in advance and we did have quite a bit of a wait before it was our turn to order. We went and found some tables in the Rose Room (not as impressive as the other rooms) and had to wait a minute as they needed clearing and cleaning. I think we got a whattsapp then to say Mum and Dad were outside so I went and got them.

It wasn't long before our food came. We had gotten three Croque Monsieurs with fries for Phil, Kaley and I ($12.99 each)

Madison had Chips' Delight, which was a kids grilled cheese and tomato soup ($8.49)

I had asked to switch my dessert for the leek and potato soup but they actually brought the French onion soup instead ($5.69)

I didn't bother asking them to change this. We had two diet cokes ($2.99 each), a bottle of water ($2.75) and Madison had water included with hers. Our two desserts were a chocolate cream puff ($4.59) and an éclair ($4.59). This should have cost $69.96 but we used 4 counter service credits. This was all nice but again, I just wasn't hungry enough to enjoy it properly.

It was time for our 12.30-1.30pm Enchanted Tales with Belle FP next. We only had to wait a few minutes for this.

I was so impressed with the mirror part, it is so cool and so clever! We liked the whole thing, neither of the girls wanted to be chosen for a part and also didn't want to go up and see Belle at the end so she came over to them

She gave each of them a bookmark to take away.

Continued in next post

Edited at 05:12 PM.
Old 13 Jun 16, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

Walking back into Fantasyland, the standby for Mickey's Philharmagic was only 5 minutes so we went inside

I'm sure this ended up being more than a 5 minute wait but I like this one so didn't mind

Madison wasn't too keen on this, it was a bit loud for her.

There was some funny-hat-trying-on next

We went to the Mad Hatter's Tea Party to use a free FP.

This was fun and we all enjoyed it, the others more than me as Phil span it a bit much for me!

We went to go on Buzz next but decided we didn't want to get caught up in the parade afterwards so left it. We had a PP on the way back towards Main Street

The hub was really quiet when we got to it and we spoke to a Cast Member who told us that the parade had been cancelled due to technical difficulties. I remember thinking I was really glad we had already seen it as I would have been gutted to miss it.

Walt's window

As we hadn't been hungry enough when we ate earlier, we went to the Plaza Ice Cream Parlour next for ice cream!

We had a coke float ($4.99)

A Plaza waffle sundae ($5.59). Ice cream flavours were mint choc chip and vanilla.

And three 2-scoop ice cream cones ($4.49 each)

This should have cost $24.05 but we used 5 snack credits. Phil had mint choc chip and cookie cream, Madison had mint choc chip and strawberry and Kaley had vanilla and strawberry.

We sat at a table outside with an umbrella and enjoyed our ice creams. They were all really good and an excellent use of snack credits.

As the parade had been cancelled, they sent out the Move It Shake It parade instead so we watched that for a few minutes

Madison had got ice cream on her white dress so I had to bring out the change of clothes that hadn't moved from under the pushchair the whole holiday so far and get her changed.

We nipped into the Emporium and bought a Rapunzel (Kaley) and Mickey (Madison) blanket teddy each ($39.95 total), a Draw the Pixar Characters book ($9.95), a Shellie-May story book ($5.99) and a pack of 6 Princess pens ($14.95). Total including tax was $75.45.

Phil snapped more pictures on our way out

This was our last day in a Disney park and thankfully, I wasn't at all sad. I knew we still had our Kidani stay, Universal parks to visit and the cruise before we had to go home which was a fab feeling.

Continued in next post

Edited at 05:12 PM.
Old 13 Jun 16, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

We walked up the resort monorail line and got the peach monorail to the Polynesian.

I love this photo, I think the GF looks stunning.

It was about 3.30pm when we got to the Poly. We had a quick look in Moana Mercantile

Then walked downstairs to the lobby

We went for a wander outside, looking at the lovely bungalows

And the view from the beach

I was happy to see they still had the swings on the beach and that there was still a big enough beach area. I had hoped they wouldn't lose the whole area when they built the bungalows. Of course, we had to stop for (many) photos!

I really love this part of Walt Disney World. It is so beautiful, it was lovely and quiet when we were there and the views are stunning. I could happily sit here for hours.

We started walking around towards the Wedding Pavilion and Grand Floridian

The Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower

The Grand Floridian and Wedding Pavilion

Panoramic shot of the entire area

Soon enough, we were nearly at the Wedding Pavilion

Francks

Unfortunately, we couldn't go up to the Wedding Pavilion, or round to the back to take photos, as guests were starting to arrive for a wedding. We continued on round to the Grand Floridian instead

DVC building

And with the monorail

Another view of the Wedding Pavilion

The water play area, which looks like it was not available to be used for some reason

Continued in next post

Edited at 05:08 PM.
Old 13 Jun 16, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

We walked into the Grand Floridian and went straight upstairs. We went to the monorail station and walked straight on to (peach) monorail that had just arrived. Our original plan had been to get off at Magic Kingdom and get the boat over to Fort Wilderness but we changed our minds as we had plenty of time before our ADR time, and decided to drive. Famous last words!

Passing another monorail

We got off at the TTC and walked back to the car. We were in the car and on our way to Fort Wilderness at 4.40pm.

Fort Wilderness wasn't on any of the signs as we were joining up on the main road and even though I knew it was a Magic Kingdom area resort and needed to turn as soon as we could, someone else in the car (Phil) didn't see it on the road signs so continued driving away from Magic Kingdom. …….and continued driving…………and still driving away from MK. I said we weren't going the right way and needed to turn around but for some unknown reason, Phil still didn't want to make any of the turnings we passed. Soon enough, we saw the big Disney World sign and we were driving off Disney property! I think it was at this point that Phil finally accepted that we really were going the wrong way!

We had to drive a fair bit down the road we were on until we came across a section of the road we could do a u-turn on, and then drove back onto Disney property. We drove all the way up to Magic Kingdom and found the correct turning for Fort Wilderness and were driving in just after 5pm.

Phil and I were not in the best of moods with each other at this point and I know I wished we had just got the boat! We saw Michelle and her family at the bus stop so went over to join them. We waited for about 5 minutes and then the bus came that would get us to the other side of the resort, where Trails End is.

I had read lots of good reviews about this resort, but driving around it on the bus, I really didn't get why. There was just something about it that we weren't at all impressed with. It also smelt very 'farm' like, something that did not appeal at all.

Anyway, we were dropped off near the restaurant and made our way over, right at our 5.20pm ADR time.

We tried to check in but they wouldn't 'officially' check us in as everyone else hadn't arrived.

Some photos while we were waiting

The others arrived about 5.35pm, they had also driven and had to use the internal bus system too. We told the CM's at the podium that everyone was here and they properly checked us. We were called about 10 minutes later and were taken inside. We were seated at 2 big tables next to each other. We sat with Michelle and her family so the kids could sit together, which they loved. We all had our usual drinks and were told to go and help ourselves to food when we were ready.

I took pictures of everything they had.

Soups

Salads and dressings

Veg

Pasta and beans

Potatoes, chicken and gravy

Meat

More pasta, pizza and carved beef

Baked potatoes and sides/toppings

There really was a lot of choice. I had some chicken noodle soup, then went up for some salads, fried chicken, mash, ribs, brisket, pulled pork and gravy

This was all very tasty and I had seconds of the brisket, pork, mash and gravy. Phil wasn't impressed with the food here. I think he was very unlucky as most of what he had was cold, so must have been the last bits of food, or chosen from the wrong part of the dish or something. Kaley had pizza, cheese and a banana and Madison had pizza, cheese and sweetcorn. I'm not sure why this is all they had.

Pictures of the desserts

I had a cookie, some bread pudding and apple cobbler with ice cream but didn't particularly like any of it.

As we had one extra meal planned than we had credits for, we had already decided in advance that we would pay for this one. It was $25.99 per adult and $14.99 per child. Our share, including tax and a tip of $15 was $93.32. We had a $50 gift card so used this and only had to pay $43.32.

This was a bit of a mixed meal for us, I enjoyed the food but wasn't impressed with the restaurant itself. I think it was just too rustic for me. It was good value for money with the amount of choice of food, I just don't think we will return.

We took a slow walk back to the bus stop and were on a bus on our way back to the main car park at 7.15pm. The journey was quicker on the way back and only took 5 minutes. We drove straight back to OKW where I made a start on packing. I had most of it done by 9.30pm and the girls were in bed a few minutes later.

We sat and read/watched TV/talked and were in bed at 11.30pm.

Day 13 - Checking in to Kidani Village, Disney Springs and Outback Steakhouse is HERE

DINING PLAN ROUND UP - 48/48 Table Service used, 33/48 Counter Service used and 31/48 Snack Credits used

Edited at 05:11 PM.
Old 13 Jun 16, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

Lovely day and great photos.

Love the character meets especially Snow! We haven't met talking Mickey before looks fun.

Mmmmm that Ice cream I could eat one right now

I wasn't that impressed with trails end either when we went in Feb 2015 but the food all looks so yummy in the photos. Think I just wasn't hungry enough and too tired to appreciate.

Xx
DISNEYNIC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Thanks for posting this just in time for me to read over lunch

Aww that Snow White interaction looked amazing! 6 minutes is a long time! Good on her!

The mirror thing at Enchanted Tales is super cool isn’t it?! I have no idea how they do it!

Love the photos on the Poly Beach You are right, that is a lovely part of WDW!

Haha men can never admit when they are going the wrong way can they!
Shame you didn’t feel that good about Trails End. We like rustic places, so its right up our street! We can’t all like the same things though huh

Another fab read Lisa! Thank you xxx

Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Great day Lisa - love those Snow White pics and also the one of the four of you in front of the castle with the girls sitting on the bench, it's lovely.

Driving tiffs are our main cause of rows I think - glad you made it in time. Interesting to hear your thoughts on Trails send, has made me think i wouldn't be too keen for the same reasons then.

Such lovely photos must take you ages to load them! Xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

How lovely that Snow White spent so long with the girls.

Phil's photos are brilliant – the one with the castle in the background and the Mickey pumpkin in the foreground is amazing.

The food at Trails End looks nice in the photos so its a shame you didn't all enjoy it.
mrsdjh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List