Notices

Old 15 Jun 16, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
feelingnuts
slightly serious Dibber

Day 2 Centre Parcs Woburn June 2016

Day 2 started early when Riley opened our bedroom door at 6am I packed him back off to bed and then I realised how hot was in the room I threw the window open and then dozed for another hour.

That was my only negative about the lodge it was really warm I wasn't comfortable leaving the windows wide open all night so it was difficult to cool the room.

At 7.15am we gave in and headed out to the lounge for a cup of tea this was when our first visitors arrive the ducks a bit of bread and they were happy.

The kids woke around 7.30 and were already asking when we could go the pool! Bacon sandwich and another cup of tea later and we were all ready to hit the pool. It was around a15 minute walk from our lodge to the pool but it was lovely walking through the trees past the boathouse. Our friends were as impressed by the pool as we were. I finally got to try the slides we did the 4 man tornado first I was the unlucky person who was going down backwards it was good though over a bit quick but really made us laugh. The other 2 slides were very tame and our son would have been fine on them the height restriction seemed a bit OT. DH at this point was wimping out from the slides so using the excuse he likes the Rapids with DS. We finally talked him into going on the 4 man one and he hated it lol.

After a couple of hours we headed out and over to the parc market for some lunch bits we brought fresh cobs that were excellent and some ready cooked chicken. We headed back and made lunch and chilled for an hour before we were due to do the aerial adventure.

At 2.45 we headed over to the activity area the moms weren't taking part we were the photographers. Because Riley was under the height restriction for the aerial adventure he did the tree trekking with his dad which is basically a similar course but around 2m off the ground. The cost was around £24 each for the low one and £30 for the high one.

The boys got kitted up by the friendly staff and then they were off for a talk about what to do. Riley started to look scared as he headed to the first platform.

They went across the first part of the course then the second part was a small zip wire Riley was refusing to step off he didn't understand that the harness would hold him after lots of debating he decided his dad could push him so a shove and he was off. The rest of the course he did really well.

Our friend and his daughter were doing the higher course for a 7 year old age was amazing she got most of the way round the course before having a wobble and refusing to carry on he talked her round and before they knew it they were doing the long zip wire it goes across the lake and looked like a lot of fun.

I think if you have a brave child who is tall enough go for the higher course however the lower course is great and still felt like a challenge to DH and DS.

We took about an hour to finish I decided to head back to Hucks and pick up the cake we left there last night while the others went back for showers and to get ready for a night out watching the England game. It was a beautiful day warm and sunny and I took a lovely stroll over however walking back carrying a fairly which cake wasn't as enjoyable I required a beer when I got back to the lodge.

We went to the sports cafe around 5pm the children loves the freedom they could have in their we sat so we could see the inside and outside play areas so as long as they told us where they were playing we let them go. Drinks are fairly expensive compared to what we are used to in the Midlands it was £19 for 4 pints or a bucket of 5 corona's. Beer was good though and it is what you expect in a resort.

We ate in the sports cafe and we were all really impressed I had a pulled pork cottage pie it was really tasty served with perfectly cooked veg , the others went with the half chicken and chips, fish and chips with curry sauce and the special French burger and chips all around £12 each. The curry sauce was lovely the children had burger and chips and pizza. The pizza was lovely they also had veg sticks and for an extra £1 they got dessert and a drink both had the dipping donuts which were lovely they were served warm.

Our waiter had been excellent in the sports cafe and had chatted with us he came over with some warm brownies for free because we were being good England supporters. He came over later in the evening and said unfortunately he needed to close our bill he was very apologetic it wasn't an issue we were paying cash anyway. So just ordered and paid for drinks as we had them. As you probably know the England game wasn't the best however the atmosphere in the sports bar was really good lost of people were in there and they had set rows of chairs out in front of the screen so everyone had a seat.

Once the game had finished we headed back the lodge to get 2 tired children to bed. We chilled with drinks and cheese on toast very classy lol. We didn't hit bed though till 12 which was a mistake as we had an early start the next morning.

feelingnuts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 16, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by feelingnuts - 15 Jun 16 9:56 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 16, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
BLDY&McGoo
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

Ooo im reading this with interest as we are off to Elveden in September. X
BLDY&McGoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 16, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Bear-family
Imagineer

Mobile

We are booked for Woburn for next Feb half term. It's the only center parcs that we haven't been too so following with interest.
Bear-family is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 16, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
kansaskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Great day, the food sounds delish!
Old 16 Jun 16, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
feelingnuts
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bear-family View Post
We are booked for Woburn for next Feb half term. It's the only center parcs that we haven't been too so following with interest.
So what CP do you think is the best so far?

I understand Woburn is different because it's split in to the village square and the plaza I liked this as it really did spread people out.
feelingnuts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List