Notices

Old 2 Jul 16, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
closeder
slightly serious Dibber

Day 7 KTTK Tour Biergarten Live(ish) Taking The Grandparents This Time June 2016

This morning was a very early start for me, the alarm went off at 6.45 but I bounced out of bed as I was going to the Keys to the Kingdom Tour with my Best Friend Anouska!

I tried to get ready as quietly as possible and I was heading for the buses by 7.10.

Conveniently there was a bus for Magic Kingdom at 7.21 and I was soon on my way.

I arrived at 7.35 and joined the queue for meal reservations and tours. I was quite surprised at the number of people standing at the tap styles at this point waiting to get in, that's dedication for you since the park didn't open for another hour and a bit.

The queue was let in at 7.45, everyone had the same idea about getting photos on empty Main Street meaning actually it wasn't that empty!

The train station was empty however. I quickly headed for the theatre to check in and received my badge, listening device and ordered lunch from Columbia Harbour House, I chose the Anchors Aweigh Sandwich - White Tuna, Lettuce, and Tomato on Toasted Multigrain Bread with Potato Chips plus a diet coke to drink. By this point Anouska had messaged me to say she had arrived but was outside the park waiting on me so she quickly headed in and also checked in. She chose the Broccoli Peppercorn Salad
Mixed Greens, Garden Vegetables, Chicken, Broccoli, and Parmesan tossed with a Creamy Peppercorn Dressing.

We headed out for some pictures before the tour started at 8.30. A nice man took pity on us taking each other's pictures and we managed one together at the statue of Roy and Minnie (subsequently found out the sculpture is called "Sharing the Magic" which I didn't know and the story behind it makes me appreciate it all the more now)

We also got some nice photo pass pictures with the castle and Walt and Micky statue ( called "Partners")

And some selfies lol

We were also issued with lovely name badges for the tour, Micke and Minnie as dressed as the tour guides.

Our tour lasted for five hours with half hour lunch 11-11.30am which was delicious. The time went by in a flash, our tour guide Jessica was amazing, so knowledgable, friendly and upbeat and we had a wonderful time. No pictures allowed and don't want to spoil it for anyone thinking of taking the tour but it is well worth it for the lovely details about the park and of course getting to see a bit of back stage. It has given me a whole different appreciation of the park, it was my favourite already but it's firmly kept its place after Epcot was giving it a run for its money!

We were given this lovely souvenir pin during lunch too.

After the tour we had a wander round a few shops, child free this was very pleasant😉 Anouska bought a lovely Pandora charm. Then we decided to head to the Grand Floridian for a drink and cake as Magic Kingdom was jumping at this point.

We took the little boat over and after a quick look in the lobby and realising the Grand Floridian Cafe shut at 2pm and it was now 2.30 we popped round to Gasparilla Grill and had diet cokes and shared an amazing cupcake, Lemon and Blueberry, and had a good catch up on our holidays so far, since for the six and a half hours we had been together so far we had pretty much been listening to someone else talking with no opportunity to talk to each other much.

We were ready to head back home after this as we were meeting again with the families at 7pm for dinner. We took the boat again and we were able to nosey at the Polynesian bungalows in daylight this time.

The clouds and wind were rolling in at this point and as we parted at the bus stops outside Magic Kingdom the rain started so actually pretty good timing for us leaving.

Whilst I was away my Mum and Dad had gone to Epcot and ridden Spaceship earth, living with the land and gone into circle of life. I had managed to get them frozen fast passes and texted them while I was on the tour, they made it but the ride broke down and they were given paper fast passes which they never got round to using.

Derek and the kids also headed to Epcot, I had got them test track fast passes and spaceship earth. They also had a good time going round the kid cot stations with their Duffys and Murray also insisted on doing stuff he had done yesterday with me so that Katie didn't feel like she had missed out.

There was a repeat of visiting Mexico for more nachos.

They also went on the Ellen ride, good job family, they know it's not my favourite so great to have done it without me😀

Managing to get the photo pass to work and not run like a dog, the photos are coming up almost immediately now.

I arrived back to the hotel around 4.30 and crashed out for a nap, it had been a very long day so far. We were ready to head out for 6.30 and headed to Germany via a quick Grey Goose slushie stop!

We met the Banks family at the Germany kidcot station and we were soon seated at our table in Beirgarten. We were in time for a show and the Restuarant was full and lively. With drinks ordered we hit the buffet. This is one of our favourites on Disney property and we visit every holiday, so much lovely tasty food and often good interaction with other families at the same table, this year we all knew each other obviously!

The men had the steins of beer, Anouska and I ordered the wine flight.

The kids had a ball, we were still in the restaurant for the second show so they managed to o down the the dance floor for some fun.

The show is really good with the men playing the various traditional German musical instruments and getting the crowd involved.

After dinner the men had some more beer from the stand outside and the kids and ladies headed to France.

The kids got some ice cream

The ladies had something stronger!

We enjoyed watching illuminations then headed round to the boardwalk and had a drink in ESPN.

A few cocktails were had, can't remember the names now but they were pretty nice.

The kids had their own table, they also had some fun in the boardwalk photo booth

We called it a night nearing 11.30, the kids had done really well to last til then, we parted ways with The Banks family heading to Boardwalk villas for an uber back to OKW. A great day all round, plans for the next day were Downtown Disney, ahem I mean Disney Springs and Magic Kingdom.

Index to my trip reports at link below, updating live
"Over the hill and sailing away March 2017"
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=36640
closeder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 16, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Another lovely day - the tour looks fantastic how nice that you could meet your friend and do this together! I love the GF so much, it just reminds me of Mary Poppins for some reason!

We have never been to Biergarten, do they do the show at lunch? Had no idea this existed maybe I need to add to my growing list of ADRS!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816

Edited at 02:49 PM.
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 16, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by closeder - 2 Jul 16 2:57 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 16, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
closeder
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Another lovely day - the tour looks fantastic how nice that you could meet your friend and do this together! I love the GF so much, it just reminds me of Mary Poppins for some reason!

We have never been to Biergarten, do they do the show at lunch? Had no idea this existed maybe I need to add to my growing list of ADRS!
Thanks, yes they do the show at lunch, this was actually our first dinner here and the lunch is just as good, perhaps just a few less people on the dance floor😀 Veryy good value for all you can eat.

closeder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 16, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Another great day!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 16, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Gusgusmummy
Imagineer

Gusgusmummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Lovely day ! When my kids are older I would love to do this tour. Lovely day and I love the look of those cocktails during the fireworks 😀
Gusgusmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 16, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Lovely day.you all look so happy 😀
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 16, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow that sounds like an amazing day.
Old 2 Jul 16, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
closeder
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Another great day!
It really was!

Originally Posted by Gusgusmummy View Post
Lovely day ! When my kids are older I would love to do this tour. Lovely day and I love the look of those cocktails during the fireworks 😀
The tour was fab the cocktails were the perfect accompaniment to the fireworks

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Lovely day.you all look so happy 😀
Yes it was a happy day

Originally Posted by waiting4disney View Post
Wow that sounds like an amazing day.
It really was great.

Old 3 Jul 16, 06:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A fab day, finished off with some tasty looking cocktails and good company.