Notices

Old 8 Jul 16, 01:58 AM  
Link to this Post
closeder
slightly serious Dibber

Day 12 Grand Cypress Golf Pool Day Bahama Breeze Live(ish) Taking The Grandparents This Time June 2

Today was the Fourth of July. After a late night at Magic Kingdom a long lie was called for. The men however had a game of golf at Grand Cypress so they were up at the crack of dawn (well not quite but it felt like it). The had a tee time of 9.30 so we're aiming to leave at 8.30. Fab wife and daughter that I am I ended up getting up with them and making sandwiches for them and packing a cool bag with their picnic and water before going back to bed for a snooze. When I got up for breakfast I realised they had left their cool bag behind 😡 I was not impressed.

Plan for the ladies was to lie by the pool while the kids played. I did book fast passes for Hollywood Studios and would have organised an uber but the kids said they were happy in the villa so those were cancelled and in all fairness I didn't fancy navigating a park on Fourth of July. The weather was hot but with a pool right beside the sunbed and the air conditioning only a step away this is much more bearable. A nice relaxing time was had by all, interrupted only by lunch of our left over wraps from the mall yesterday.

Not a lot of daytime photos to post. The men arrived home around 2.30, absolutely starving of course, good job I had left the sandwiches for them in the fridge. They had rushed home for the sport on TV as I'm sure they could have eaten at the golf club.

Here's some of the course, they were vet impressed and played the New course if anyone is interested, supposed to be like St Andrews and they said the first and eighteenth were quite similar. They got a few photos on the bridge.

Here's some of the course, they were vet impressed and played the New course if anyone is interested, supposed to be like St Andrews and they said the first and eighteenth were quite similar. They got a few photos on the bridge.

They were very happy with the course set up and Derek won today. Dad won the last game so it all comes down to the last game on Thursday to decide the winner of a special trophy they play for on holidays, currently held by Dad!

How could I forget to mention yesterday that after the disappointment of not eating at Cheesecake Factory I bought a takeaway portion of the lemon meringue before we left the Mall, it's gorgeous and I half demolished it today by the pool.

After more pool relaxation we headed to Bahama Breeze for dinner. Mainly as I needed another one of these fab cocktails or and of course the lovely food. This is a Bahamarita and is so refreshing and tastes wonderful.

Unfortunately we didn't get in on time for happy hour, no one wanted to make the first move out of the hot tub.

I had the Cobb salad, it is always so fresh and delicious.

Mum had Grilked Chicken and tropical fruit. Fresh pineapple, red grapes, strawberries and mandarin oranges with goat cheese crumbles, candied almonds and drizzled with Island vinaigrette.

Dad had the Jamaican Pork Tenderloin Pork medallions seasoned with our house blend of Jamaican spices served with a tropical pineapple chutney, mashed sweet potatoes and green beans.

Kids had the sliders, these were really good value for a kids meal at $5.79, the fries have already been picked at here.

One course was enough and we headed home for a few drinks before an earlyish bed, plan was for more shopping tomorrow. Two days in a row with no parks is not often in my plan but I did think we might fit in some mini golf so wasn't too upset with the prospect of a second almost Disney free day, it's also tortuously hot so everyone else was happy to know they would be undercover. Find out on Day 13 if I get my Disney fix!

Index to my trip reports at link below, updating live
"Over the hill and sailing away March 2017"
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=36640
closeder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 16, 02:31 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by closeder - 8 Jul 16 2:31 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 16, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

A lovely relaxing day... ggrrrrr at the men for leaving the picnic though!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 16, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Lovely photos - we stayed at Villas of Grand Cypress on our last trip, it was lovely, (we don't golf but was a great place to stay) It is way too expensive for our next trip, so we are staying elsewhere but i think we will miss it! Fancy them forgetting the cool bag! Men!

It does seem to be very hot there at the moment, a lot of Dibbers are commenting on the heat so I think by the pool is probably the best place.

Bahama Breeze pics look scrummy, but oh my! That CHEESECAKE looks DIVINE and I need it! Thats happening for me next year 100%! mmmmm... was it as good as it looks?

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 16, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
twinkleshmoo
Very Serious Dibber

Lovely relaxing day. Oh I can't wait to visit Bahama Breeze again, a firm favourite with our family
Old 8 Jul 16, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Lovely relaxing day. We have actually never been to Bahama Breeze but your reports have me putting it on my list for this year, looks yummy
3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 16, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Can't beat a nice relaxing day by the pool

Joan
Old 8 Jul 16, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneygirlxx
Excited about Disney

Lovely relaxing day
Cheese cake looks lovely
Disneygirlxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 16, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

That cocktail looks delicious! A nice relaxing day by the pool, what's not to like?
Old 15 Jul 16, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
closeder
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
A lovely relaxing day... ggrrrrr at the men for leaving the picnic though!
I know 😡
Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Lovely photos - we stayed at Villas of Grand Cypress on our last trip, it was lovely, (we don't golf but was a great place to stay) It is way too expensive for our next trip, so we are staying elsewhere but i think we will miss it! Fancy them forgetting the cool bag! Men!

It does seem to be very hot there at the moment, a lot of Dibbers are commenting on the heat so I think by the pool is probably the best place.

Bahama Breeze pics look scrummy, but oh my! That CHEESECAKE looks DIVINE and I need it! Thats happening for me next year 100%! mmmmm... was it as good as it looks?
It really was😃
Originally Posted by twinkleshmoo View Post
Lovely relaxing day. Oh I can't wait to visit Bahama Breeze again, a firm favourite with our family
It was fab, another restaurant I wish we had here.
Originally Posted by codym View Post
Lovely relaxing day. We have actually never been to Bahama Breeze but your reports have me putting it on my list for this year, looks yummy
You wont be disappointed if you go.
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Can't beat a nice relaxing day by the pool

Joan
It was a great relaxing day.
Originally Posted by Disneygirlxx View Post
Lovely relaxing day
Cheese cake looks lovely
It was lovely.
Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
That cocktail looks delicious! A nice relaxing day by the pool, what's not to like?
The cocktail was fab!

Index to my trip reports at link below, updating live
"Over the hill and sailing away March 2017"
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=36640
closeder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List