Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports Download the app for iOS or Android
US Rent A Car
Unread 9 Jul 16, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Ok Lets Try This... Live Food Report June/July 2016 - Day 15

This morning I walked over to the contempo cafe to grab a breakfast sandwich, this was as good as usual and goes really well with the little pots of honey mustard they have. This was $8.19 and was more then enough for breakfast. I got some Minute Maid lemonade in my refillable mug to go with it and took DH a coffee back to the room in his.

This afternoon we decided to do abit of shopping at Florida mall so we stopped off at Buffalo Wild Wings at crossroads for lunch. We all got Pepsi to drink.

I ordered the wing combo with fries, carrots & celery sticks with blue cheese dip. This was a serving of 6 boneless wings and 6 traditional wings in mild sauce. The boneless wings were for me and the traditional ones for DH and DD to share. This was so good, the mild sauce was spicier than I expected but just right.

DD had the kids cheeseburger and fries.

DH had the black and blue burger, this was a burger topped with blue cheese with lettuce, tomato and cheese. He said this was amazing and thoroughly enjoyed it.

This came to $40.21 which we though was great value for the quality and quantity of the food.

After a good shopping session we caught the monorail over to the Polynesian to have dinner in the tambu lounge. There was an almighty storm this evening with thunderstorm warnings issued and the resorts/monorails were heaving. We arrived at the tambu lounge and managed to snag a table as a group were leaving. We orders a couple of drinks, DH and I had a tropical mccaw and DD had a Coke. These are delicious!

We ordered the bread and dips off the menu, we had already started when I remembered to take the picture, apologies! There was the ohana bread, a crisp bread and a puffed tortilla type. The 3 dips were really good, we had sundries tomato Pesto, Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, and Baba Ghanoush. This was $6 and there was lots of bread with it.

We also got the pulled pork sliders, these were $9 for the three. They were really good and there was loads of pulled pork in them.

We also got the pulled pork nachos, these are the same ones available from captain cooks. These are Polynesian chips topped with pork, cheese, pineapple salsa and spicy Mayonnaise and were $9.00.

And finally we got the ohana chicken wings. These are honey-coriander wings served with blue cheese and celery and cost $9.00

DH ordered a lapu lapu and i had a pina cola a. We were all absolutely stuffed by the time we finished and didn't have room for the ohana bread pudding dessert!

This came to $85.19. Which we thought was pretty good with 4 cocktails for the amount of food we got! I highly recommend the tambu lounge for a fix of the ohana bread pudding without needing an ADR.

After we arrived back at bay lake tower DD decided she would like some of the frozen cupcake we picked up from contempo cafe earlier on in the week. This is a chocolate cake with caramel filling and a creamy topping.

Aug 07: Offsite; Aug 08: Offsite & ASMo; Aug 09: ASMu; Aug 10: SSR & ASMu; July 11: DLP; Aug 11: SSR; July 12: DLP; Aug 12: ASMu; Mar/Apr 14: ASMu; July 15: DLP; Aug 15: BLT; Jun 16: CSR & BLT; Aug 16: DLP; Apr 17: Poly & Clarion Inn LBV; Aug 17: AKL & Radisson Celebration; Apr 18: Beach Club & Offsite; Jul 18: DLP; Aug 18: BLT
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First trip as a family of 4 AKL-CL & BC
Unread 10 Jul 16, 02:30 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by missdopey - 10 Jul 16 2:30 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 16, 05:14 AM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
VIP Dibber

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
All looks really yummy!

Summerfield suites July1993.Quality Inn Plaza Aug1995.Vegas&Howard Johnson July/Aug1997.. Quality Inn International May2000. Westgate Sept2003. All Stars May2005. POFQ Aug2006 . Saratoga Aug2008 . Villa Xmas2010 . Marriott suites Aug2012 . Villa&OKW Aug2013 . Bahama Bay Aug2014 . RPR&OKW Aug2015. Encantada July/Aug2016. Villa March 2017. Villa Aug2017. Oct 2017 Feb 2018 Aug 2018 Oct 2018 Feb 2019
Greek Isles,Canaries, Balerics,Europe in between.
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Going home!
Unread 10 Jul 16, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
All looks good

Joan
Unread 10 Jul 16, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
Apprentice Imagineer

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a great idea! It's nice to have a variety of things to try and those cocktails look delicious! 😊
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disney Christmas this time...
Unread 10 Jul 16, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Yum yum
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Onsite Disney with ddp
Unread 11 Jul 16, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

What a good price for food and 4 cocktails, definitely impressed by that, and the food looked delicious.
Unread 29 Apr 17, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
BWW looks great!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Barbados