Notices

Old 19 Jul 16, 03:11 AM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

The No Shopping Shopping Holiday July 2016 - Day 1 IOA And MoM

So made it until about 5am - not bad for a first nights sleep! We hadn't unpacked or anything last night, literally just jumped straight into bed! So pottered around unpacking and getting ready for the day ahead

Today was the 'marmite' dining choice of Dibbers for breakfast - that's right we were off to Golden Coral! I think Zander had been dreaming about this for the last 3 years since he was he and couldn't wait to get back!

I always start savoury as you can see... but it rapidly goes downhill! An eat as much as you want with drinks is $9.50 - I know the plates and cups are plastic, but it's clean, the food is piping hot (we get there for opening time) and there is literally something for everyone no matter how fussy! If you do fancy trying it I would recommend the one at crossroads

Here is pudding!

I forgot to post this yesterday - these signs are everywhere on the highway! It's amazing how many people were playing this game in the park!

We were at the park by just after 9am and it was so busy - they have these new airport security scanners and it was chaos! It took about 30 mins to clear and then we were through...we are trying to figure out a way to come 'bag free' next time, it will save tons of time getting in and then not bothering with the lockers

The sun was shining as we made our way to IOA to pick up our annual passes, we were due to be back in October so it was a good idea at the time... whilst we have cancelled that holiday I'm sure living a lot nearer we will see see benefit from the passes! Parking is now $20 / $30 for preferred and of course free with the annual pass so that alone will save quite a bit this holiday!

Today the plan was all about Kong - we had seen this being built over the last couple of trips so super excited it was finally open!

The queue time was reported as 75 minutes but we were through in 45 mins - I posted this on IG and was excited to see it was responded to by universal themselves! (Or some intern probably lol! )
The theming compared to Harry Potter was a little disappointing but the ride itself was great! It is a huge truck you get on and then wear 3D glasses on the search for Kong!
There was so much going on I need to experience it again - definitely single rider next time to cut down on the queue time! There were multiple announcements stating no camera / video whilst on the ride, so I wasn't able to show any more than this!

Next up we headed over to hogsmead station, the plan was to work our way back through universal for the morning, unfortunately this wasn't to be and the train was experiencing technical difficulties booooo, so after a 20 minute wait we gave up and decided to single rider on Forbidden Journey. The crowds and Heat was really bad today, it's so humid and there are some serious groups of school kids here generally getting in my way! Lol!

After getting some water we decided to head over to Seuss Landing, it's always a lot slower pace here and we took a leisurely ride around cat in the hat! Smile everyone for the camera!

By now we were all pretty tired, the first day jet lag was kicking in so we decided to call it a day and head out for some lunch, We ate in city walk - I like the upstairs bit as it never feels that crowded!

Jez and I didn't feel like much after that breakfast... so we went for frozen yogurt. This place is fab - there are about 20 different flavours, you can try everything as well and then fill your cup with what you like. There is then a huge toppings bar and you pay based on weight. For both of ours it was about $16

The sky was turning darker by the minute and this was our queue to Foxtrot Oscar out if here as quickly as possible! As soon as we were in the car the heavens opened, my goodness it knows how to rain out here! The thunder was so loud!

Of course we needed a few supplies for the villa, mainly drinks and snacks, but Beth and I used this as an opportunity to have a little browse! Given the amount of times I've been in the US this year I wasn't quite as excited to be hitting the dollar spot as I have most of it already! But the store we go to is at Kissimmee West on the 192, it's a super target and I think the best one...it had tons in the dollar spot so plenty of bargains to be had!
I picked up this little lot (only 1 bit from dollar spot) which was the note pad, the pencils and washie tapes were $3.99 each and my new planner was $11.99. I had one from this range last year and it's lovely, it runs from July which is nice especially with the move and new job, I needed a new one ;-)

We all then just spent the next couple of hours relaxing and snoozing, it was still really rainy outside so no sunbathing and we also decided it probably wasn't the best day to explore Disney springs outside! So Mail of Millenia it was then ;-)
So as you can see from these 2 bags the 'no shopping' is going extremely well - in fairness I've wanted these 2 items for ever... so that's ok then right? Not like they are rash decisions - and clearly the item in the Chanel bag is investment (actually giving it away they are shoes and I'm not sure anyone would want my second hand shoes lol! )

So let me introduce you to my extra mini quilted rhea in navy with gold hardwear - who of course will love her older sisters rhea peanut and rhea red! She was $258. Apologies for the web photo, but she is all packed up and I'm too tired to get her out tonight!

The thing I love is the straps can be removed so you can wear as traditional rucksack or use just one for a cross body!

And now... let me unveil (well ok I admit this is a photo I found googling as they are packed soooo beautifully I don't want to open!) my new Chanel espadrilles in dark navy and grey with lamb skin lining. These were $$$$ lol - it's best I don't type the price here ;-) they are so beautiful and this photo doesn't really display the beauty that is!

Now we needed food... Cheesecake Factory is a must - they said it would be an hour, but we were seated in 30 mins...this could be a photo from my last 3 reports as I always have exactly the same! A skinny turkey and avocado sandwich, it's seriously yummy and less than 600 calories!

Jez again as usual had the carbonara and cleared the plate so I know it was good! Zander had the same and Beth had a salmon dish

It was now almost 9pm and the shops were closing so we decided to call it a day! Considering its day one we have done pretty good! Tomorrow we are off to Hollywood Studios - looking forward to that and hope you can all join us! Until then... Debs x

Ps - we did get cheesecake to go - that will be featured in tomorrow's report as it is breakfast!

debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 16, 03:20 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by debidee - 19 Jul 16 3:20 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 16, 03:47 AM  
Link to this Post
bubster20
slightly serious Dibber

Oh good lord, the espadrilles are making me almost hyperventilate! Beautiful, as is the bag. You've really managed to pack it in on the first day! Looking forward to reading the rest of your trippie, have fun x
bubster20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 16, 06:46 AM  
Link to this Post
twinkleshmoo
Very Serious Dibber

Great first day! Glad you enjoyed Kong I'm really looking forward to riding that one. Love 💙 your purchases, not too shabby on the shopping front 😉 Have a great day at DHS xx
Old 19 Jul 16, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
When I read the title to your TR I thought not going to happen but I love what you've bought so far.
Looking forward to more
Old 19 Jul 16, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Katiebelle
Excited about Disney

Katiebelle's Reviews
Wow what a great first day! ❤️ Your bag & shoes 😉
Old 19 Jul 16, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post

Looks like a great 1st day. Loving the purchases😍. Looking forward to reading the next instalment over coffee tomorrow. Have a great day.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 16, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
I love that you are being very restrained with your shopping 😉 What a great day!
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 16, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Lovely first full day debs ... glad the queues to get into universal weren't that bad in April ...definately think bag free is the way to go if you can manage it.
And the no shopping bit is going great... love the bag...have a great day today
Sam x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 16, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Good Morning Debs, a good first day with some very impressive "no shopping" items already. Looking forward to some more.