Notices

Old 24 Jul 16, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
closeder
slightly serious Dibber

Day 16 Disney Springs Disney Quest Longhorns Live(ish) Taking The Grandparents This Time June 2016

Our last full day in Orlando and I was seriously depressed. I did have fast passes booked for Epcot but no one was keen and so we decided on Disney Springs after a longish lie and some more packing. Another absolutely roasting day we arrived at the Lime car park at 1.30 according to when this picture was taken.

We hadn't had much chance to explore the newly opened shops so we split from Mum and Dad with a 4pm arranged meet time at the massive under armour shop across from the garage entrance.

We had a wander on the way towards Disney Quest. There are some gorgeous shops here but they are expensive, not really surprised by this and it was a nice wander. We stopped off at a photo pass lady and she took some lovely photos, only for me to check the app and realise that my photopass ran out yesterday so they were unable to be downloaded without buying them, they were lovely too, never mind.

The kids were excited to see the coca-cola shop was now open so we popped in for a look and bought a few souvenir bits and pieces, there are some lovely views from the outside top deck, it will look even better when the Planet Hollywood renovations are finished.

We didn't stop for anything to drink as we were getting hungry at this point and decided to head to Splitsville, somewhere I had fancied going to for ages but never managed.

We were seated very quickly at Splitsville, it's seems so big I wonder if there is ever an issue getting a table here, it was the afternoon though. It is quite a large and varied menu and we had a hard time deciding, we were also conscious of going to our favourite Longhorn later and didn't want to spoil the appetites.

There were some amazing looking cocktails being delivered to a table next door, I'd love to come back here at night and the kids were very interested in the bowling.

Derek had the crispy wings starter with sauces on the side.

Katie and Murray had the kids burgers

I had the Volvano roll sushi and this was absolutely amazing, I can still taste it now. I was expecting it to be spicy and asked for anything spicy on the side, I don't really know why now as I like spicy but I really liked having everything separate. I had a look for a picture of it when I came home and it still looks appetising the way it's supposed to be served.

This is how it's supposed to come out on the plate. It was a lovely lunch and I would like to go back again and go bowling this time. After lunch we headed to Disney Quest. This was our fifteenth day of our tickets but I had read on the DIBB that if you miss a day in your first fourteen then you can still gain entry on the fifteenth. I can vouch for this being true and the Mickey turned green for us all. A hour of fun was spent by the kids on the games before we dragged them away to meet up with the Grandparents.

Katie enjoyed making her own pop song, we didn't buy it though.

We met up with Mum and Dad at the arranged time, we hadn't been into the Lego shop or World of Disney so we all headed in there next. This was me really trying to eek out every last Disney drop of magic, the kids also spent time swapping the last of their disney pins with any free cast members they could find. A few last minute souvenirs were purchased. I don't have any pictures of what we bought but I did take one later of the Christmas decorations we bought on the first visit to Disney Springs.

Finally we dragged ourselves away from the World of Disney, Mum and I popped into the lovely cake shop, Amorette's Patisserie. Wow what a place, we didn't buy anything which I regret now but it was so hot I couldn't imagine how any of the beautiful pastries would survive, we just admired the beautiful displays.

We headed home for a dip in the pool before dinner. I couldn't believe this was going to be our only visit to Longhorns for the whole holiday. I tried the phone ahead thing, I'm really not clear on how this should work, they asked how long our drive was to the restuarant and when I Said it was a 5min drive they told me I would have a 40 minute wait when we arrived, when I said I would just leave the house in another 30 minutes they told me I would still have a 40 minute wait so I'm not sure we understood each other as at this point I'm wondering what the advantage was to phoning ahead.

We took a last night group photo in the villa.

When we checked in at Longhorns the lady at the desk told us we would have a 40minute wait, then no sooner had my Mum found a seat on the couch we were called with less than a 2 minute wait, so it's worth phoning ahead even if you are totally confused by it all!

We had an amazing meal as usual here and it was worth the wait until the last night.

I had a lovely Strawberry Margarita.

I strayed from my normal order and had the seven pepper steak salad, I think I was still feeling full from the sushi earlier, this was amazing though, very generous serving of steak and and the salad was gorgeous.

Dad had the 10oz fillet.

Mum had the hawaiin salmon, fuzzy picture but it was delicious

Both kids had then kids steak, very clean plates at the end.

Derek had the Parmesan encrusted chicken, unbelievable for him in a steak restaurant but it was one too many for him after all the lovely steaks we have had over the holiday and he fancied something different.

After a lovely meal we had a last evening wander around Target with us buying various bits and pieces to take home and for the plane the next day. At home there was the all important Golf prize giving.

After final packing and a good attempt at finishing the beer and wine left in the fridge we went to bed for the last sleep in the villa this holiday.

Index to my trip reports at link below, updating live
"Over the hill and sailing away March 2017"
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=36640
closeder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 16, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachel1
Imagineer

We only went right after coming out the Lime car park so missed a lot of the shops, would have liked the Coca Cola one but probably a good thing as my Halifax Clarity bill has just come in!

Rachel x

2016 Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=29250
Rachel1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 16, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by closeder - 24 Jul 16 8:17 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 16, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
closeder
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Rachel1 View Post
We only went right after coming out the Lime car park so missed a lot of the shops, would have liked the Coca Cola one but probably a good thing as my Halifax Clarity bill has just come in!
Yes, I was very restrained but really most of the shops were way out of my league as a bargain hunter, just nice to have a nosey really. Still loads more to open yet too.

Index to my trip reports at link below, updating live
"Over the hill and sailing away March 2017"
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=36640
closeder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 16, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Relaxed last day, can't believe its the last full day. Have loved reading along with you.
Old 24 Jul 16, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Really enjoyed all your reports.
Old 24 Jul 16, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Lovely relaxed day and meals looked great - must confess on all my trips we have never been to Longhorns despite being on my "DIBB recommended list"
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Sounds like a perfect last day, it's always sad getting ready to go and I can totally understand you wanting to eek out every last second at Disney Springs. The food at Longhorns looks delicious.
Old 25 Jul 16, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great last day

Joan
Old 25 Jul 16, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Fab last day. Love the golf trophy presentation.

Good confirmation about the tickets.
dixonsontour is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List