Link to this Post
Blondie1979
VIP Dibber

Blondie1979's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 30
15 Days Of Orlando Magic - Day 12, A Solo Day!

This is so true!
So my plan for today is Epcot first for my FP for the new Soarin Around The World then off to the Magic Kingdom by myself!
Ian and the kids leave for Typhoon Lagoon at 8.45am leaving me with about an hour to myself in the villa, so like every good mum I do some washing! 😄 I also sit on the balcony and have a bowl of cereal for breakfast.

Ready to leave and full of excitement!
The weather forecast for lunchtime onwards is showers so I've told Ian to message me if they leave before the agreed time of 4pm.
Still, the sun is shining now and off I go.

I arrive at Epcot and my FastPass is already valid so I make my way around to the Land pavilion.

Wow, The new Soarin is absolutely brilliant, the question now is if you only do 1 or 2 days at Epcot what tier 1 Fastpasses do you choose? Soarin, Test Track or Frozen?... all are worthwhile! For me I'd miss out Test Track or at least do single rider on it.

I say my goodbyes to The land pavilion and Epcot.

Feels a bit sad to know I'm leaving here for the last time this holiday 🙁

I hop on the monorail to Magic Kingdom

I arrive to a very busy Magic Kingdom!

As I was exiting the monorail, without any warning someone turned on the shower... I mean it started to rain😄 there was no spit spot to start just an outright downpour! I dived under the entrance for the boat to Wilderness Lodge and popped my poncho on.

A wander around the Emporium later the rain had stopped 👍🏼
Whilst I was in the Emporium the 'Rainy Day Parade' started, I've never seen this before! I was so taken by it that I forgot take pictures😕 I didn't even know they had a rainy version of the parade!
It wasn't the 3pm parade it was the Move it, Shake it parade it was replacing.

My next ride was the Haunted Mansion I Fastpassed this so bypassed the 45min standby queue.

My next FastPass is for Pirates, thank goodness it's not down today! I love this ride.

Hat photos in the pirates shop🙂

Just about got this shot.

Ok so it had to be done... 🍦🍍

Pineapple dole whip goodness 😋😋

I then receive a text from Ian saying that they are leaving TL early so I start to make my way out down Main Street slowly.

I pay special attention to the Windows on Main Street and make a note to investigate who the names are once home.

Ok some I actually know🙂

I arrive back at the villa to find all my lot back already and having showers. The sum total of photos they've taken today is 3, I obviously haven't trained them well enough!

Disney is the best medicine, my bee sting hasn't hurt much at all🙂
So my solo day turned into a bit of a solo morning/afternoon as I wasn't expecting them to return until at least 6pm and they text me at 3pm☺️
I did, however, really enjoy being by myself, things I've noted that are different are...
- I don't take as many photos (sorry)
- crowds are easier to negotiate
- I'm quite happy in my own company
- you 'see' so much more, even on the bus journey!
- I didn't once feel unsafe.
- nobody cares that you are solo

I would absolutely do this again and next time I'd manage to get to the bar for a cocktail! 😉🍹

Once Ian and the kids are showered and changed we make the decision to go to Disney Springs for an hour or 2 before our dinner reservation at Olivia's.
We visit the Pandora shop and we buy Charlotte her 'holiday' present which is a Pandora ring. She was so happy!

I visit Sephora and buy a few goodies 🙂

Love this stuff ❤️❤️

We then walk round to the new Coke store which is situated near Planet Hollywood which is currently under construction.

Lots of work happening here.

Here's some concept art on what it's going to hopefully look like once finished.

Into the Coke store we go...

A couple of new hat opportunities to be had here!

We bought a couple of magnets for our fridge, it was worth it just for the cool bag!

From the Coke store we continue back towards the landing area, we walk through another new area.

Lots of high end shops in this bit.

I absolutely love it here ❤️

We walk back to the resort boat launch to get back to OKW.

The boat came about 15mins later.

The boat is a nice peaceful ride back to resort.

We have 20 minutes to spare so Ian and I have a drink from the Gurgling Suitcase.

I love all the badges and plates in here.

I would really love that bottom left plate❤️

I have the Turtle Crawl cocktail which is a delicious mix of coconut rum, dark rum pineapple juice and some other stuff!🍹🙂

It was now time for our reservation at Olivia's for dinner.

We start with the pineapple, coconut warm bread, look at them all going for it! Only just got the picture😄

I order a Sultry Seahorse to conclude my cocktail tasting for today.

I have the beef pot roast for my main.

Charlotte has the buttermilk chicken.

Ryan has the Mahi Mahi 'catch of the day'

Ian chose the New York strip streak.

For dessert Ryan and I had the banana caramel bread pudding as I remembered this from last time with mum and it was so good, it didn't disappoint this time either.

Charlotte had the key lime pie.

Ian had the Panna Cotta.

Tomorrow we are planning some time by the pool in the morning then it's Animal Kingdom to see my favourite show The Lion King and then we're going to the Magic Kingdom for dinner at The Plaza Restaurant and maybe some rides at night.

Thanks again for following along xx

Old 9 Aug 16, 03:22 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Blondie1979 - 9 Aug 16 3:22 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 16, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post
KeepSmiling
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

What a great day. Loving the look of the new Disney Springs. Cannot wait to get there x
KeepSmiling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 16, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

Another lovely day. I've just ordered some disposable ponchos. Thought they'd be easier to carry around and can be binned once the daily showers are over.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 16, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Wow! What a day! I am glad you enjoyed your time on your own, I think I would be fine at Epcot too, but not sure I would want to go for whole holiday alone. Nice to meet back up with people later for eating/chatting.

Disney Springs looks fantastic compared to when we were there - I can't wait to go in Sephora and buy those little masks!

Your report is so good Anna, thanks for giving me something to read with my morning tea!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 16, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

You ended up with a good mixture of solo time and family time
Old 9 Aug 16, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Dole whip, Pandora shop, cocktails - pretty much a perfect day
Old 9 Aug 16, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good day for you going solo and your meal at Olivia's looked lovely

Joan
Old 9 Aug 16, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

What an absolute treat to get to so some solo stuff at Disney. Love my family as I do, I would still love to have a day to myself to savour a park or 2. The photos of the windows on Main Street are fab, I very rarely remember to look up but I will make a point of doing it the next time.
Old 9 Aug 16, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post

What a fab day you had. Can't wait to visit Disney Springs I'll have to start saving more I think
I love looking up at the windows too a special tribute to some well deserved Disney creators.
Dinner at Olivia's looked yummy as ever
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List