Notices

Old 19 Aug 16, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Beaching It With The Poole's Day 6 August 2016

Grandad has a right sweat on!

The title of today's report will become clear a little bit later...

Today we woke up at 5.45am...only taken us 6 days to get there, we may make it to 7am by the time we leave!

We had decided not to go to the beach this morning but to stay and do a few jobs in the villa and get to Walmart for a few things we needed. I had my usual porridge for breakfast as I was starving when I got up. Nanny and Grandad were only just up after that so I made the tea for everyone and Daddy got up 15 minutes after us.
Grace had a yoghurt, that was all she wanted and Daddy had Rice Krispies.

The 3 of us were in the car on the way to Walmart at 7.05am and what a beautiful morning it was too. Nanny and Grandad were going to go for a walk around the block whilst we were out.

We had a little list of food we wanted in which included a giant meat feast pizza for $10 and some chicken for sandwiched we plan to have Sunday. We managed to spend $80 but our stocks were well replenished for that.
We made our way home and were indoors by 9.05 and Nanny and Grandad had only just got back.

We took the above picture of the villa when we got back on the drive, I have put it on because I don't think I have added one yet!
Beautiful villa and in fact all the villas round here are just as beautiful.

Front door of the villa..

We made some coffee, did some jobs, tidied up the villa a little and chopped some salad and some fruit for later so I could enjoy the sun when it was out instead of being indoors

Daddy and I then did our torturous ...I mean lovely bike ride...3 times round today and we actually ended up doing nearly 4 times round! The chain came off of Micks bike and we stopped to sort it out and I couldn't believe how boiling hot that sun was without the breeze of the cycling. That was soon fixed though and we continued to cycle round enjoying the view of the gorgeous houses, passing some friendly locals on the way.

We were back and in the pool by 10am so I was very happy with that, Grace was already in the pool with Nanny of course and the day well and truly began.

For lunch today we had the pizza and salad bits, I had cooked chicken with my salad and missed out the pizza and Grace had a peanut butter sandwich? after basically backing the pizza I had got for her. We had this about 2 o'clock and stayed outside until nearly 4 when the heavens opened for about 5 minutes! We got showered then and by the time I had done that the typical Floridian weather had cleared and it was glorious sunshine again

We decided to go to Winn Dixie, which was really close, just to be able to have a wander around and we left for there at 5pm, with Daddy driving. We went in to the liquor store first and got some Long Island iced tea mix which we will be having shortly

We didn't see anything that exciting in the store but I did get some popping corn which I was pleased about as I couldn't find them in Walmart.

On the drive home we did actually miss a turning so did a little detour...this is when Grandad decided to confess that before we went out he put 3 bottles of beer in the FREEZER! He was having a right stress about then having exploded, he was stressing in Winn Dixie and all the way home and then he said in the car he wanted to open the door (which he never does!) so it all now becomes clear!

The detour sent him over the edge I think and he asked none of us to be cross with him before he told us...

Here is Grandad safely retrieving his beer...it is now a strictly 1 in 1 out of the fridge policy!

Grace had some fruit and yoghurt before going to bed..she was nearly asleep in the chair...There is a storm outside now and it is pouring but it was another day of 92 degree but certainly felt like the hottest day so far. Despite a little rain today it has not made us change our plans so we have been exceptionally lucky.

Off now to try the cocktail and sit outside and watch the storm.
Thanks for reading and we will see you tomorrow

pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by pretty71 - 20 Aug 16 12:46 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day

Joan
Old 20 Aug 16, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A really nice day
Old 20 Aug 16, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another good day

Joan
Thanks and thanks for sticking with us 😀
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
A really nice day
Thanks and thanks for sticking with us 😀

Hope you are all enjoying