Notices

Old 10 Sep 16, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Talking No Parks, All Recreation! Team Jamerica's August 2016 Brexit *COMPLETE*

Disclaimer!

The plans for this holiday started life as a week relaxing in a villa in Spain. When we discovered we could spend two weeks relaxing in a villa in Florida for the same price, well, as I'm posting in the Florida Trip Report forum, we all know what happened to that week in Spain

Little tweaks were made to the plans, booking a few days at Sapphire Falls for the end of the holiday for example, but otherwise, the holiday was exactly as it was supposed to be, a chilled out, relaxing one. No parks, nowhere to be, nothing to do, and you know what? We loved every minute of it!

So, if it's lots of action, advice and tips about what to see and do in the Orlando area that you're after, you're going to be disappointed. Don't get me wrong, we did go out and do things, mostly on the spur of the moment, some you may not have read about before, but we didn't discover anything earth shattering and you won't be making suggestion lists based on this trippy!

However, if you want to read about what it's like to just take each day as it comes, then stick around, this might just be the report for you!

We ate out every day, sometimes more than once in all the usual Dibb favourites, so there will be food pictures. We shopped a bit, swam a lot, played cards a lot, and generally just enjoyed being in what has become our favourite place to be.

If you are reading, please let me know as it genuinely does help to get these things finished - they take a lot of time, and can seem never ending (trust me, you only have to read them )

So, welcome along and I hope you enjoy

The Pre-Trippy

Day 1 - Travel Day - Heathrow - Dallas - Orlando

Day 2 - The Retreat @ Westridge - Stocking up the Villa / Applebee's

Day 3 - Disney Springs / Manny's Chophouse

Day 4 - Premium Outlets / Olive Garden / How to play Blob!

Day 5 - Florida Mall / Longhorns

Day 6 - Aquatica / Sweet Tomatoes

Day 7 - No Plans / Eating / Crazy Golf

Day 8 - Posner Park / Miller's

Day 9 - Pool Day / Longhorn's & Manny's

Day 10 - Checking into Sapphire Falls / Olive Garden

Day 11 - Sapphire Falls / Miller's

Day 12 - RPR / Blue Man Group

Day 13 - A Wash Out / Escapology

Day 14 - The Last Full Day

Day 15 - Miami - Home

Edited at 04:06 PM.
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 16, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Day 1 now added
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 16, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Ooh, brilliant!
I wondered how you were finding no parks and had wondered about delivering that frozen butter beer to you!
Might have looked like a nutter though

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 16, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Looking forward to reading 😊
Old 11 Sep 16, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Fab! Another Team Jamerica trippie to see me through to my next holiday. Booked Friday as soon as the BA deal came live so it's 3 nights Clearwater or Petes, 10 days villa then 3 nights at AMI again with no Disney or Universal whatsoever ... So yes, this trip report is going to be right up my street.

Have you succumbed to next year yet Jo? Those BA deals really ARE too good to miss lol

Sharon xx

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

I was wondering the same Jo if you'd be tempted by those offers. As you know we were also considering a Europe holiday for next summer, but thankfully I just couldn't part with the money the TA wanted-so glad I didn't! Loved reading day one BTW. Pre booked my AA seats after reading this x
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
Ooh, brilliant!
I wondered how you were finding no parks and had wondered about delivering that frozen butter beer to you!
Might have looked like a nutter though
Haha! I wonder if it would've survived from the park to the gate? Hope you had one yourself though?

Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
Looking forward to reading 😊
Thank you Emma, seeing you had started yours spurred me on to get on with it

Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
Fab! Another Team Jamerica trippie to see me through to my next holiday. Booked Friday as soon as the BA deal came live so it's 3 nights Clearwater or Petes, 10 days villa then 3 nights at AMI again with no Disney or Universal whatsoever ... So yes, this trip report is going to be right up my street.

Have you succumbed to next year yet Jo? Those BA deals really ARE too good to miss lol

Sharon xx
Oh wow Sharon, sounds great!

You know me so well, I've been messing around on the site for hours but haven't hit the button yet. £300pp from Jersey including a car?! Incredible price! Then there's the MAN-LHR LGW-TPA (or is it MCO?), but it just seems quite a lot of faffing. I think I'm going to wait until the partner airlines release their prices and then look for proper indirectly. I only hope I don't regret not booking now!

Jo xx

Originally Posted by COL41 View Post
I was wondering the same Jo if you'd be tempted by those offers. As you know we were also considering a Europe holiday for next summer, but thankfully I just couldn't part with the money the TA wanted-so glad I didn't! Loved reading day one BTW. Pre booked my AA seats after reading this x
Hi Colette!

As I said to Sharon, above, I've been looking, and I'm very tempted but my head is telling me to wait for something that might be less complicated. Only hope I don't live to regret it!

Glad you got your seats booked, hope they don't change like ours did xx

Edited at 09:25 PM.
Old 12 Sep 16, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Oh goody you have started xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 16, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Happy to see you have started Jo, I always enjoy your trippies, you have a fantastic sense of humour (makes for the best trip reports IMO)

Off to get started on it!
Old 14 Sep 16, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Been looking forward to this one, excited to read along!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List