Notices

Old 28 Sep 16, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
H_C-2017
Serious Dibber

H_C-2017's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
'Going the Distance' June 2017 Pre-Trip Report *Updated 28/05/17 - My Ears*

Hello and welcome to my June 2017 Pre-Trip Report.

I'll create an Index below for all of my updates.

Part 1) The Plan
Part 2) ADR's
Part 3) Another ADR
Part 4) Ears!

Hope you enjoy following along with my plans.

Edited at 04:39 PM.
H_C-2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 16, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Brum26
VIP Dibber

Brum26's Reviews
Looking forward to reading your plans.

June/July 2019 Pre-Trippie HERE
Brum26 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 16, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
H_C-2017
Serious Dibber

H_C-2017's Reviews
The Plan so far...

The Cast

This is us on a trip to London before we went up the Shard.

I'm Hayley and i'm 22 - still 22 when we travel. I've been to WDW when I was 6 in October 2000:

I remember bits but really want to go back and experience it all as an 'adult'. I'm also looking forward to shopping, I really want a nice pair of cowboy boots so if anyone has any suggestions let me know.

My favourite Disney films include Hercules, Pocahontas and I think my fave from the 'original' older princesses is Snow White. I currently have a spotify playlist on my phone full of disney music that i've been listening to on the bus

The boyfriend is Chris - he's 22 and will be 23 when we travel. Never been to WDW but has been to Disney Land Paris in Year 9 with school.
We've been together for over 7 years now (8 years in January '17)

He finds it quite difficult to smile and pull a normal face in photographs - it took me ages to find a photo to upload that he wasn't pulling some odd face in. I think he's most looking forward to the food :P

The Trip

I picked the quote from Hercules for my Trip-report name as it's one of my favourtie Disney films and because this trip originally came about as a way to celebrate my graduation from university in July 2017 after 5 years of hard slog. Although I still have to do finals in January without getting too distracted by the Dibb and planning my holiday.

I've been wanting to go back to Orlando for years and have pretty much been saving for the last few years but being a full time student has meant that saving was a very long process. Finally the money situation looked good for the both of us so we decided that 2017 would be our year.

We knew we'd have to go in June as I will be officially released from University in June and I knew i'd have to be back in time for my graduation in July. This means we'll be battling the US school crowd but i'd rather do that than not go at all!

We decided to go for 18 nights from June 9-27th. We booked flights with Virgin leaving from Manchester at 10:30am on the 9th.
It took us weeks of mulling over accommodation choices before we decided on:

June 9th - 14th June - Loews Royal Pacific Resort

Photo borrowed from Google.

We knew that we wanted to stay at Universal hotel for the early entry and express passes as we knew that June is a busy month. Being close to the parks and city walk should be great as it'll allow us to get lots done in those 5 days we are there.

I absolutely LOVE Harry Potter, I read all the books when I was younger and watched all the films in the cinema. We went to see the Cursed Child in June this year as Chris got me tickets to see one of the preview shows which was just amazing <3.

I'm dying to see the Wizzarding World of Harry Potter It looks so so good and i've read so many trip reports that feature it. I'm pretty sure I will probably cry when I first see Diagon Alley and Hogwarts Chris will probably think I'm crazy.

14th June - 27th June

For the next 13 days we will be staying in a Dibb Villa close to Disney - from here we will visit the Disney parks and waterparks, go to disney springs and have abit of a relax inbetween.

I'm so very exited to see the Castle

This is the Villa:

Dibb Villa

Tickets

We've got 14 Day tickets for Universal and Disney and we're hoping to get to go to Volcano Bay as that opens 1st June and our tickets include it.

So that's all for now guys.
Will update when anything else interesting happens.
I'll probably include ADR's once we hit 180 days and also include any shopping I do - which will be ALOT as i'm obsessed with clothes etc.

Thanks for following.

Edited at 04:40 PM.
H_C-2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 16, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
LostPrincess
Serious Dibber

We're June 2017 too! and also going to celebrate graduation

Look forward to reading along with your plans! Don't know about you but going to Florida is definitely the light at the end of the tunnel while we get through this final year at uni, it's going to be such an amazing reward for all the hard work
LostPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 16, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
H_C-2017
Serious Dibber

H_C-2017's Reviews
Originally Posted by LostPrincess View Post
We're June 2017 too! and also going to celebrate graduation

Look forward to reading along with your plans! Don't know about you but going to Florida is definitely the light at the end of the tunnel while we get through this final year at uni, it's going to be such an amazing reward for all the hard work
It's such a great thing to look forward too isn't it! Although I feel like I might be neglecting my work in favor of watching Disney vlogs on YouTube and spending hours on the dibb. :P

Might see you out there in June next year then! will keep an eye out!
Going to have a look at your plans now!
Old 22 Oct 16, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
LostPrincess
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by H_C-2017 View Post
It's such a great thing to look forward too isn't it! Although I feel like I might be neglecting my work in favor of watching Disney vlogs on YouTube and spending hours on the dibb. :P

Might see you out there in June next year then! will keep an eye out!
Going to have a look at your plans now!
Neglecting work for Disney vlogs and dibbing? Sounds far too familiar I just keep telling myself I deserve a break

We're set to be in Universal or Islands on 13th June so our paths might cross then! As for the Disney weeks we're eagerly awaiting park hours to be released to make our itinerary

Keep us updated I'm buzzing to hear more plans!
LostPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 16, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
H_C-2017
Serious Dibber

H_C-2017's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by LostPrincess View Post
Neglecting work for Disney vlogs and dibbing? Sounds far too familiar I just keep telling myself I deserve a break

We're set to be in Universal or Islands on 13th June so our paths might cross then! As for the Disney weeks we're eagerly awaiting park hours to be released to make our itinerary

Keep us updated I'm buzzing to hear more plans!
Will do! I'm also awaiting park hours and busy day guide! Think I might make a planning spreadsheet.
Old 23 Oct 16, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Sounds like a fun trip you have planned and that villa looks lovely!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 16, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
H_C-2017
Serious Dibber

H_C-2017's Reviews
Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Sounds like a fun trip you have planned and that villa looks lovely!
I'm so exited!
Thanks for reading!
Old 25 Oct 16, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Dibbing with Tink

Oh wow, you must be so excited considering you haven't been since you were 6, can relive those childhood memories!

Can't wait to read
Minnie4Mickey is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List